2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s time to revisit my theory that black over white has become the Falcons default set under the new coach. I brought it up last week but folks were doubting it. The Falcons will wear the combo again this weekend against the Panthers.

spacer.png

This will be the third time this season they’ve worn black over white (in addition to once in the preseason).

Including the preseason and this upcoming Sunday, when wearing a dark jersey under the new coach, Atlanta has worn the following combinations:

Black over white: 4 games

Black over black: 2 games

Red to black gradient: 1 game

This is a stark difference from last year where black over white was worn a single time. Hopefully it stays that way and all black is used only once or twice per season. Just start wearing the black socks with the white road set and this uniform will have been vastly improved. I know Atlanta gets some flack but those two fixes (black over white and dropping white road socks for black) greatly improve it, in my opinion.

For reference:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/atlanta-falcons-2021-uniform-schedule

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=ATL&year=2021

Although neither black alternate for the Cardinals is any good, I actually probably prefer the Color Rush version over the regular black alt. Something about the red numbers appeals to me, although I’ll admit they’re unreadable from a distance.

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Although neither black alternate for the Cardinals is any good, I actually probably prefer the Color Rush version over the regular black alt. Something about the red numbers appeals to me, although I’ll admit they’re unreadable from a distance.

I feel the same way, probably because of the lack of red in the regular black jerseys. They’re too plain and don’t say “Cardinals” at all.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints are in fact wearing Color Rush, not that there was any doubt.

Jags going black pants in Seattle.

Second straight week of a team coming into Seattle wearing their dark colored pants instead of lighter color which would contrast better.

2 of the Saints white color rush games are going to be the home game against the Bucs and Cowboys. What about the third? I think probably either Buffalo or Miami. I want it to be Miami, so that the Dolphins can do the all aqua combination.

Cleveland is going to do a ring of honor or something this weekend against the Steelers, right?  This would be a good time to wear their color rush alternate. I hope the Browns keep the 1946 white throwbacks around.

Does Tennessee only do the all white britches for two games a year? Because they should use those when they go to New England. The Titans could use the columbia blue pants too for that game, but they seem to be disregarded except for when pairing them with the columbia blue jersey.

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

If a gun was held to my head, and I had to pick one of the Cards black jerseys to wear as a fan, I'm picking the color rush. Definitely the more interesting jersey of the two.

But my god, they need to blow everything up short of the logo and white helmet. Either go full Seahawks with a forward thinking uniform that has redeeming qualities, or go classic. The current uniform somehow has too much going on while being simultaneously boring

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

2 of the Saints white color rush games are going to be the home game against the Bucs and Cowboys. What about the third? I think probably either Buffalo or Miami. I want it to be Miami, so that the Dolphins can do the all aqua combination.

The Saints typically only wear Color Rush for one home game per season. Doubt they jump straight to three. I’m sure the third one will be for a road game. I’ve been wanting to see them wear black vs. Miami in aqua pants for a while now. Will be quite an interesting blend of colors, regardless of double yoga pants.

13 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If you want to wear black, you have a perfectly good black alt with white pants and readable numbers(that you wore recently).

spacer.png

No need for this garbage.

spacer.png

Although I prefer the regular black jersey, the thing about both of these uniforms is they make the Cardinals look like Falcons hand-me-downs

On 10/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Not since 2017...the last year they stuck to the script, before deciding to mix and match everything.

2017_Carolina.png

I'd kill to see the blue pants with the white and black jerseys. In my opinion, the Panthers perfect uniforms would be their current jerseys, with a blue helmet and blue pants at home and on the road. No need for silver or black pants. And if they want to keep the alternate blue jersey, wear white pants with it.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Archived