2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

The game is on Halloween and the Bengals had one of their most convincing performances in recent memory last game in black pants, yet the team is goin back to the boring, poorly-balanced white on white look this week. White over black against the Jets in green over white would've been nice.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time the Bills have worn their white throwbacks AT HOME against an opponent more than once. Every year since 2012 it’s been someone new, they wore them week 2 vs Miami in 2014. They then obviously went on a run wearing them in Miami for a few years with Miami matching them in their aqua throwback. 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:55 AM, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 8 (Part2)
Dolphins @ Bills
R8aMgE4.jpguNwHTwm.jpg

This is incorrect Mr Canzman.  The BILLS will be wearing their all-white throwbacks based on the 1965 AFL away kit.  My source is ‘One Bills Live’ which I’m watching right now on MSG+ WNY … 

I’m not sure if the DOLPHINS will being wearing the primary aqua or the 1966 home throwbacks which would make the most sense, since Buffalo ‘basically’ had the same uniform set in Miami’s 1966 expansion season when these two teams met at the Orange Bowl stadium back then.

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

If the Dolphins somehow go with the aqua throwback, this will be a great looking game.

And about the 6th year in a row they’ve done it. It’s a good looking game but I really wish they’d wear them against other teams every once in awhile.

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

This is the first time the Bills have worn their white throwbacks AT HOME against an opponent more than once. Every year since 2012 it’s been someone new, they wore them week 2 vs Miami in 2014. They then obviously went on a run wearing them in Miami for a few years with Miami matching them in their aqua throwback. 

HdJisyY.jpg

I forgot that this matchup already happened. I’m not a huge sucker for throwback designs in general, but this matchup is a pretty darn good one. Both teams could create a full-time set based off of these uniforms (although I quite like the Bills’ current set, as well.)

For the Dolphins, the brighter aqua of the main set hasn’t aged as well as I hoped it would. More & more I’m convinced they should go back to a look based on this throwback design. I’d personally implement the newer logo and a custom, more rounded number font, among other minor tweaks, but the basic setup is still beautiful regardless.

Jets are rumored to be handing out black towels at the game Sunday, meaning it'll likely be black uniforms. Maybe this is why the Bengals chose white pants. Gonna be a hideous matchup either way. At least we get this matchup again next season.

Black on Halloween makes sense, but we're nearly halfway through the season and "Gang Green" still hasn't worn green at home.

1 hour ago, darthjocan said:

Bengals in white on white this week against the Jets. Which I find disappointing because it's Halloween and dammit I want them in orange and black on Halloween. 

I said the same thing earlier on this page. But with the Jets in all black, it might've been overkill.

33 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Could look good with orange socks. But they're probably gonna wear solid white socks, right?

Actually, they've gone black socks the last two times they've worn white on white.. Most recently week 6 at the Lions. 

Archived