2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

19 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

White over black for the Bengals, as they always seem to wear at Baltimore. They've only worn white on white there once in the past decade (2012).

As long as Baltimore doesn't wear black jerseys and/or pants, it'll be ok, I guess. 

And I'll go one step further; since the Bengals introduced white over black pants in 2004, the Bengals have only worn white over white against against Baltimore four times total.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

If not an outright confirmation, I would say this is a strong suggestion that the Browns are, in fact, going brown-over-orange tomorrow.

Are we at the point that teams are deliberately not wearing combos that fans love, just so that they can promote it and hype it up on social media once the time comes. The Eagles have done this with the green pants the past couple of years. If the look is so great that you need to post a series of tweets about and acknowledge how much the fans love it, then why aren't you wearing it more often to begin with?

12 hours ago, DNAsports said:

In a league that has the Steelers and Packers wearing the same colored pants on a regular basis and now the Chargers wearing the same colored pants for roughly half their games, it’s a breath of fresh air to not see Washington in their gold pants.

Three’s a company...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Four would be a crowd...

spacer.png

Four's already a crowd:

1347132455.0.jpg

15 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

They do look better without them. Additionally, I just noticed the pants stripe is incorrect as well. There is some serious lack of attention to detail going on in that pic for sure.

It looks they just recolored the stripes on the pants from the previous set.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/19/2021 at 5:52 PM, 4_tattoos said:

They are heavily associated with the Bruce Allen era. As a matter of fact, I believe he played a major part the gold pants becoming the default for so many years.

I personally liked the gold pants and hope they come back upon the name change in 2022. Others in the fanbase hated it and demanded return the Joe Gibbs era look (white over burgundy most games).

I despised the gold pants. I guess I didn't like that shade of gold or maybe the wear it paired with burgundy, cause I like the Chargers pants and don't have a problem with Steelers/Packers/Rams. I think they look especially terrible with the white jerseys, just looked almost out of place to me. If they kept them around to only be worn with the burgundy jersey a couple times per year, fine, but burgundy over white (and white over burgundy) is the superior look. I even prefer white/white to white/gold.

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Looks like we're gonna get the same exact matchup as in 2019 for this game. Wish the Titans would've saved the light blue for Week 10 vs. New Orleans.

Do the Titans have columbia socks in their closet with this set? If so they should wear them (they won't) and this will be a good look, color wise at least with perfect balance, uniforms themselves are still terrible.

IDK why teams these days are so averse to contrasting socks. Do they actually think the leotard look looks better??? It's one thing if your mono head to toe, I don't like it, but some players and fans think it's 🔥. But when the jersey is a different color there is absolutely no reason not to wear contrasting socks, if they're in the teams catalog.

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Nominee for best uni match-up of the 2021 season.

Definitely.  As I've said before, those 90's BFBS 49ers threads have no right to look as good as they do.  Everything about them on paper screams that it would flop, and yet on the field they are just inexplicably beautiful.  Glad they are getting run out as much as they are.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Have the Titans ever gone Columbia-Columbia-Navy in the new set?

Do you mean Columbia top/Columbia bottom/navy sock? If so, yes, they've done it I think three or four times now. 

13 hours ago, VikWings said:

Do the Titans have columbia socks in their closet with this set? If so they should wear them (they won't) and this will be a good look, color wise at least with perfect balance, uniforms themselves are still terrible.

They were around at the beginning of this uniform life, but since the change I've yet to see them make the field.  Check Delanie Walker in these photos from the unveiling... 

sjfinad7tt8mzavrcfei

ij3pfj9zs9xchmkrxoe2.jpg

If they're still around, it'd behoove them to wear them when they go light blue over navy.

And while we're talking combinations...I know I've beat this one to death a couple times, but as a halfway fan of the Snatit (I mean, I did kinda live there for five years), that combo Taylor Lewan is wearing on the left in that photo should be their default road, and this...

1060255600.jpg.jpg

2021-Tennessee-Titans-8.jpg

...should be their primary home look. But both the Snatit and many fans LOVE the all-navy.

(Actually, ideally, they'd change out of those clown suits into something more befitting of an NFL team, but this run Derrick Henry is on--no pun intended--mah be working to solidify this look at least for the short-term future.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived