2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Anybody know why Washington doesn't wear their yellow pants anymore?

Not sure, but wish they would wear them on the road. Then again, I wish the Eagles would wear their midnight green pants on the road as well. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Not sure, but wish they would wear them on the road. Then again, I wish the Eagles would wear their midnight green pants on the road as well. 

I didn't really like the yellow pants with the white jerseys but they did look good as an alternate with the burgundy ones.

53 minutes ago, sudden said:

Does anyone know if the Ravens retired their old color rush uniforms with the gold lettering and pant stripe (since they didn’t wear them last year)?

No clue. The black jerseys have been worn 3 times since 2017, and Baltimore has gotten away with exceeding the limit in how many times a team can wear their alternate in previous years.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:02 PM, SFGiants58 said:

All this Sean Taylor talk has me glad that there’s no overrating of José Fernández after he died. I guess being on drugs and behind the wheel when you died (killing two others in the process) is enough to kill off any cult of personality.

I know it’s apples to oranges, but Fernandez was probably the better player between the two. He was dominant, even though he played for a team that perpetually stunk. So there’s no excuse for WFT. Remember Taylor, yes, but let’s not pretend he was the greatest safety of all time and the greatest human being of all time rolled into one. 

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

When Washington finally gets a new identity and logo, I’d also like to see a return to the basic Gibbs styling (white over burgundy and burgundy over white) for at least 75% of games, with white over white and burgundy over yellow being occasional exceptions.

Realistically, they could’ve changed their name to Warthogs, replaced the Native American fellow on the helmet with a warthog, kept the exact same font and helmet striping, and gone back to the two-stripe style on the jerseys and pants full-time, and they would’ve looked fantastic. No need to drag this out so much. 

On 10/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, Silver_Star said:

You actually love the bone combination? Well if they had an even flow of blue and yellow, then bone would be acceptable to me. I just wish it was cream instead of bone.

Where did I use the word “love”? I’m just saying it’s basically salvageable if they surround it with the right things. 

With the new increase in home games for AFC teams, there are some with three consecutive home games almost like a homestand with teams that like to vary from week-to-week like Baltimore. Wondering what they’ll pull out this week?

I think Cleveland wearing their new color rush on Thursday night is a good chance. A lot of teams like to wear their alternate, color rush, throwbacks, whatever you want to call them, for Thursday night football.

I hope the Saints save the white color rush for another game, and not use them in Seattle.

Packers new throwbacks look awesome. They're too good to be worn just once. 

I've come around a lot on the front-facing bird logo as an alternate.  Don't think it should replace the side-facing bird or the shield, but it's nice to see it in the light of day again.  If I didn't already have the sideline knit hat from 2019 (which I love, cool design and warm as heck), I'd definitely think about buying this year's sideline knit hat.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I think Cleveland wearing their new color rush on Thursday night is a good chance. A lot of teams like to wear their alternate, color rush, throwbacks, whatever you want to call them, for Thursday night football.

I hope the Saints save the white color rush for another game, and not use them in Seattle.

I agree about the Saints. They already wore those in Seattle two years ago. Browns are reportedly wearing regular brown over orange though.

27 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

It's really a shame the Bills hurt what would otherwise be a great uniform by constantly wearing the same color pants and socks

They switched to a FAR SUPERIOR white facemask. Let's give the Bills props for at least doing that

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

It's really a shame the Bills hurt what would otherwise be a great uniform by constantly wearing the same color pants and socks

What’s even more frustrating is that they have striped socks that go perfectly with the blue pants and the white ones as well, but they almost always go solid blue or solid white. 

Archived