2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 10/16/2021 at 12:46 PM, BBTV said:

Oops - yeah, I did forget about him.  That's embarassing.

For what it's worth, Brian Dawkins had a "quadrafecta" game himself - in the same game!

So did Ed Reed, on the same play (@ WAS SNF 2004): Sack, Forced Fumble, Fumble Recovery & Touchdown return (stripped Mark Brunell). I genuinely don't think anyone will ever again achieve that quad TD via punt block / punt return / fumble return / interception return milestone, at least on the NFL level.

After all, how many players who return punts as a RS will ever be asked to attempt to block punts? One other player I can think of who could have had opportunities to do that: NE Swiss Army Knife WR Troy Brown. Anyway, I do love me some Brian Dawkins! I can only imagine Reed & Dawkins together as a FS / SS dynamic duo tandem!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the best looking week so far this season.

The only all-around bad matchup was relegated to London, and the the teams with outright bad looks (Arizona & LA, both of which are tolerable from a distance) played teams with great looks. There were a couple of below par unis like New England and Houston, but you take what you can get. I'm assuming SEA/PIT will be fine. Monday could go either way

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Probably the best looking week so far this season.

The only all-around bad matchup was relegated to London, and the the teams with outright bad looks (Arizona & LA, both of which are tolerable from a distance) played teams with great looks. There were a couple of below par unis like New England and Houston, but you take what you can get. I'm assuming SEA/PIT will be fine. Monday could go either way

I think Week 4 was the best looking week. The Monday night game will basically look exactly like that matchup did last season.

3 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

So did Ed Reed, on the same play (@ WAS SNF 2004): Sack, Forced Fumble, Fumble Recovery & Touchdown return (stripped Mark Brunell). I genuinely don't think anyone will ever again achieve that quad TD via punt block / punt return / fumble return / interception return milestone, at least on the NFL level.

After all, how many players who return punts as a RS will ever be asked to attempt to block punts? One other player I can think of who could have had opportunities to do that: NE Swiss Army Knife WR Troy Brown. Anyway, I do love me some Brian Dawkins! I can only imagine Reed & Dawkins together as a FS / SS dynamic duo tandem!

But Ed Reed didn't catch a TD on that play. 

Ahem - Leroy Butler's stats stack up pretty damn well with these guys, too.

It's where I sit.

Will the Giants keep the gray pants around? Maybe they can wear the white jerseys for a home game a year so that they can be in the blue tops and gray pants combo. It would do more for the marketing department. In 2023 they'll have the Patriots on their home slate, and it would be so fitting to do that.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Will the Giants keep the gray pants around?

I wouldn't bet on it, unless it's for something like today, celebrating an Eli SB team.

The way things are headed, I fully expect a return to the Parcells-era GIANTS unis in the next few years.

fgxllc5bjmt41.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

On 10/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, tBBP said:

ravens21_wk5_lamarjackson2-800x445.jpg

On 10/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, AgentColon2 said:

But the purple over white should continue to be the standard

Just to circle the wagon back to this briefly - I don't know if there's an NFL-accepted way of reconciling it this way (because you have a "primary" home and an "alt"; you can't have "co-primary"), but I feel like the purple over white is a more appropriate uniform for afternoon kickoffs (this includes 4:05/4:25 in the first few weeks of the season) and the black over purple is more appropriate for games played under dark skies. The purple jerseys pop in the daylight, and the black jerseys with purple pants feel like they suit the environment better at night. 

If I had enough control over the Ravens uniforms, that's how I would do it for home games. For road games, as much as I generally don't like A/B/C uniform combinations (of course, the purple jersey/white pants combo is one when considering the black helmets too), I've come around on the purple pants with the white jersey. It has stripes which automatically makes it better than the black pants, and they don't wear purple socks with them so the leotard look is avoided that way. White/white is also perfectly acceptable.

Dunno, feels weird to say as someone who almost always endorses matching pants to the helmet, but black pants just don't work for the Ravens with anything they wear. And since purple stripes fade badly surrounded by black, I don't know how to rescue a solution for them, either. Better off just being ditched and going with purple and white pants exclusively.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Resurrect the white stripe!!!

spacer.png

Oooof that was a bad one.

Still better than what they have NOW.  The Black pants SERIOUSLY need a stripe down the sides.  I don't care if the black pants have been around since the debut of the black jersey in 2004.  It needed a stripe then, and it needs a stripe now

I heard from a Twitter source that has gotten all the Browns combinations right that they will be in brown over orange on Thursday night.

Gonna guess the Saint stick with white on white.

Really hope the prediction here is what we get for Bengals Ravens, though both teams have been winning in white pants.

I think the Lions will wear either blue or white pants, hopefully blue.

Hope the Eagles somehow decide to break out the green pants and look their best in Vegas.

I feel like the Rams will be in either blue or bone pants for this week. Also guessing Ravens will keep the purple/white since that has been a winning combo for them so far. As much as I would love for the Saints to be in gold pants I think this will be an all white or color rush game for them.

Archived