2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 11/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

🙄
I meant with navy trim. Like swapping the orange and the navy on the pre-2018 set.

I know they swapped them already.

I was confused because I could not imagine a single person on earth wanting dark blue back in the Dolphins set. Such a life-sucking add-on to a perfect color scheme.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

I was confused because I could not imagine a single person on earth wanting dark blue back in the Dolphins set. Such a life-sucking add-on to a perfect color scheme.

Ehh...not quite. At least not in current guise.

The main issue (and I really find only two) with the Dolphins' brand identity is the particular shade of aqua they're using...it is too washed out, to the point that both it and their current orange give off weird vibratios against each other.  They really need to deepen that hue some and maybe lighten up the hue of orange just a smidge to rectify that.

(The other issue deals with them Peyton-Manning-forehead numbers of theirs...but that's another convo. 😁)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Ehh...not quite. At least not in current guise.

The main issue (and I really find only two) with the Dolphins' brand identity is the particular shade of aqua they're using...it is too washed out, to the point that both it and their current orange give off weird vibratios against each other.  They really need to deepen that hue some and maybe lighten up the hue of orange just a smidge to rectify that.

(The other issue deals with them Peyton-Manning-forehead numbers of theirs...but that's another convo. 😁)

Hard to disagree there. The idea is there but the current shade they’re using for aqua just sucks for tv. It looks fine to me confined to the stripes, numbers, and socks on their normal white-on-white “home” look, but seems to really disagree with the camera for some reason when blown up to jersey or pants proportion. It should be the same as the throwback shade. Changing that and making the facemasks aqua are the two changes Id make to this uniform short of doing, you know, the obvious.

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I just thought the colors would pop better if they had navy trim similar to the Bills. They have a great color scheme, but the current shades look dry and bland. Maybe the navy would help them stand out. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Yeah, the Jags seem to be oddly disregarding black underneath the helmet with a lot of the teal combos this season.

It has all to do with them basically admitting their mistakes with this design: too much black, not enough teal, everybody thinks it’s boring, etc. So, they’ve upped their mix and matching game to keep things interesting until they inevitably start over again in 2023. (You know, for the 4th time in 15 years)

EDIT: Incidentally their sock choices the last two weeks both remind me of their unused uniforms from 1993.

FEFC2644-2-A6-B-4311-A72-A-120-B9-EE985-

Browns confirmed orange pants. Nice.

I think we can assume it will be purple pants for Minnesota since they didn't post their signature "white on white Sunday" tweet with the cold face emoji thing lol

Eagles apparently would rather copy the Jets than give us green pants again:

57 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

IIRC this is the first time the Eagles will be wearing the white-over-black combo. They've done black/white, black/green and black/black, but never white/black.

Sound familiar?

Archived