Discord updates logo, wordmark

CS85

People are complaining online because of course they are, but I think this is a solid upgrade. The new logo itself is a little cleaner and I do like the new blue, although the wordmark is a little awkward in my opinion.

Icon is an upgrade, but the old word mark was miles better. The new one strays a bit too far from what worked for them, now it feels too wonky and childish, more like a children's TV channel than a social media service. I've never really used Discord much, so I have no emotional attachment to the color scheme, but at first glance, the new purply blue feels more suitable. The wordmark drags it down a bit for me, but everything else is solid.

The new logo and blurple are great. Wordmark is a miss, but I like it more then the previous jagged 2010s “I am a pro gamer” font style. 

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not familiar with Discord.  What's the logo supposed to be?  Looks like a video game controller to me.

That's what that is.

55 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not familiar with Discord.  What's the logo supposed to be?  Looks like a video game controller to me.

That’s what it is, it’s a message board for video game users.

• 2 weeks later...