Discord updates logo, wordmark

CS85

People are complaining online because of course they are, but I think this is a solid upgrade. The new logo itself is a little cleaner and I do like the new blue, although the wordmark is a little awkward in my opinion.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Icon is an upgrade, but the old word mark was miles better. The new one strays a bit too far from what worked for them, now it feels too wonky and childish, more like a children's TV channel than a social media service. I've never really used Discord much, so I have no emotional attachment to the color scheme, but at first glance, the new purply blue feels more suitable. The wordmark drags it down a bit for me, but everything else is solid.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

The new logo and blurple are great. Wordmark is a miss, but I like it more then the previous jagged 2010s “I am a pro gamer” font style. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would say I'm a fan of team old font. Feels like darker colors have a more adult, mature gamer guide than this one that looks more like "Discord: Kids Edition"

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I'm not familiar with Discord.  What's the logo supposed to be?  Looks like a video game controller to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived