2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

On 6/7/2022 at 12:44 AM, who do you think said:

If each team now has a 150 mile protection zone, that would leave Vegas and Seattle as pretty much the only expansion options. 

Not sure how much effect that "protection zone" is going to have-- Seattle is less than 150 miles from Portland (Moda Center  is only 145 miles  from Climate Pledge Arena). 

Kansas City is also out there, with the relatively new T-Mobile Center and no other winter sport competition.

It is what it is.

16 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Not sure how much effect that "protection zone" is going to have-- Seattle is less than 150 miles from Portland (Moda Center  is only 145 miles  from Climate Pledge Arena). 

Kansas City is also out there, with the relatively new T-Mobile Center and no other winter sport competition.

Presumably Seattle would have to get permission from the Blazers (or pay a territorial fee). I'd like to see KC (or any city that isn't Vegas, really) but there's no way the NBA turns down that market with the success of the Knights and Raiders.

Personally, I've wanted Vancouver to get a second chance for a while now. The Grizzlies were done dirty and the way Vancouver has grown makes me think it could fit nicely in the NBA. Ownership would be the hard part presumably.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 2022-06-08 at 11:31 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't mind rooting for the post-Ainge Celtics. Good game.

The book on Ainge was that he would hoard draft picks to use in a trade for a superstar (that never happened). Interesting thing with Stevens as GM is that he's ready to trade picks, but to... get Derrick White and Al Horford (and sweeten the deal to dump the Kemba contract). And it's worked! Though the more accurate depiction might be that Stevens hasn't been afraid to make deals, generally, more like the early Ainge era when he actually earned the "Trader Danny" nickname, and not like the bad recent years where in-season moves were exceptionally rare.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Can't really blame Ainge too much since for some reason stars like Butler, AD & KD didn't want anything to do with a Celtics team that was the best team in the east sans Lebron. 

He had a few good deals fall through because he was too stingy, but the important thing is that he didn't break up the big 3 of Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Even when the media & dumb celtics fans were saying he should. 

Kyrie & Heyward were  his most notable moves, and on paper they were good, they just failed because of bad luck with injuries and kyrie being well.....Kyrie.

I mean, if not for Lebron, Ainge is probably lauded as a genius getting the Celtics to the Finals 3 out of 5 years.  

Yeah Celtics got way too greedy at the end, They just blew it. 

I absolutely hate how once again the Celtics are the better team but Curry is channeling his inner Lebron to carry the Warriors. 

If Warriors win this it's because of Curry & no one else. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly so :censored:ing sick of people thinking Curry needs a Finals MVP when everyone already knows he's one of the best players in the league, ands already won the championship multiple times. The award does nothing for him. 

It is ironic how the narrative coming into this series was the Celtics facing a team with multiple stars that can score,  and Curry is the one dragging their butts while the Celtics have had more scorers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I'm honestly so :censored:ing sick of people thinking Curry needs a Finals MVP when everyone already knows he's one of the best players in the league, ands already won the championship multiple times. The award does nothing for him. 

It is ironic how the narrative coming into this series was the Celtics facing a team with multiple stars that can score,  and Curry is the one dragging their butts while the Celtics have had more scorers. 

He doesn’t need it, but it will complete his resume. And guys who are viewed as some of the greatest of all time need a Finals MVP because without it they look like they only performed in the regular season “when the games don’t matter” and didn’t perform in the playoffs and someone else came in and lead them to the ship 

10 hours ago, who do you think said:

They deserve this (probable) loss. Playing 3-or-bust just because you're down 3 points with 2 minutes to go is dumb.

Most of those three attempts were decent open looks. They just didn’t fall. It’s not like the Celtics aren’t a good 3point shooting team.  If they’d made one or two of those shots they would’ve had a good shot at the end.  They just missed.  It happens. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Most of those three attempts were decent open looks. They just didn’t fall. It’s not like the Celtics aren’t a good 3point shooting team.  If they’d made one or two of those shots they would’ve had a good shot at the end.  They just missed.  It happens. 

They were heroballing and acting like the three was the only valid shot in that situation, which it wasn't. Bad time for the December Celtics to show up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, who do you think said:

They were heroballing and acting like the three was the only valid shot in that situation, which it wasn't. Bad time for the December Celtics to show up.

I guess. But like I said, some of those were wide open looks. If they go in no one’s calling it heroball

7 hours ago, dont care said:

He doesn’t need it, but it will complete his resume. And guys who are viewed as some of the greatest of all time need a Finals MVP because without it they look like they only performed in the regular season “when the games don’t matter” and didn’t perform in the playoffs and someone else came in and lead them to the ship 

Context matters. Finals MVPs are important, but players’ resumes are not incomplete without them. Scottie Pippen isn’t an all-time great because he didn’t win when it mattered most? Or how about KG? Or David Robinson?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Context matters. Finals MVPs are important, but players’ resumes are not incomplete without them. Scottie Pippen isn’t an all-time great because he didn’t win when it mattered most? Or how about KG? Or David Robinson?

I wouldn’t say a single one of those are as great as Seth. They are great but not top 10 all-time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I wouldn’t say a single one of those are as great as Seth. They are great but not top 10 all-time

1) MJ

2) LeBron (my personal #1, but whatever)

3-5) Kobe, Magic,  Shaq (in any order)

6) Wilt

7) Kareem

8 ) Russell

9) Duncan

10) Hakeem

Now that’s just my personal list, but is Steph better than anyone on that list? (Not trying to be contrary, just asking is Curry more top 15 than top 10)

• Like 2

Folk need to put some (more) respect on David Robinson's name...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

1) MJ

2) LeBron (my personal #1, but whatever)

3-5) Kobe, Magic,  Shaq (in any order)

6) Wilt

7) Kareem

8 ) Russell

9) Duncan

10) Hakeem

Now that’s just my personal list, but is Steph better than anyone on that list? (Not trying to be contrary, just asking is Curry more top 15 than top 10)

I’d say he’s better than Duncan and Hakeem currently, by the end of his career he’ll probably be at 5 or 6

• Like 1

I always find that basketball is the hardest major sport for me to rank a top ten for. There may be 15-20 players who have a legitimate argument to be a top 10 player, and you almost have to deliberately try to make a bad list. Basketball’s just been extremely fortunate to have as many legends play the game as they have.

Regarding Curry, he’s one of those borderliners for me where I can absolutely see an argument for him being top 10 or fall into top 15. He’s basketball’s Stan Musial for me; he could be 11-15 on one list because of logjam at the top, or he could be like 7-10 on another list, and neither seem terribly wrong to me. And frankly, that’s still an exceptionally great spot to be in on an all-time list. Nothing bad about that at all.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png