MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

Really weird to see three teams (Charlotte, Austin, Atlanta...any others?) going mint all in the same season. It's like a Parley jersey but not a Parley jersey.

Those new Colorado shirts are sweet.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’m getting tired of teams releasing their “kit” and 95% of the pictures are people wearing the shirt with jeans and you really struggle to find shots of the shorts and socks. It’s called a kit for a reason and the other garments can heavily impact whether the kit is good or not.

• Like 7

This is an absolute home run IMO. I’d call it the most *beautiful* kit in MLS history (beautiful does not equal best here).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can’t say I love the white in the crest & TikTok logo, but otherwise I love everything about this. Hopefully the white shorts are used sparingly because the dark red shorts look incredible with it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As an Austin FC fan, I am fine with the clash kid. While mint is apparently all the rage this year, I like the shade Austin used better than what we saw from Charlotte. Almost less mint and more of a toned down version of the Seahawks green.

I also like that it didnt introduce a completely new color to the scheme (just a different shade). If the team can continue to just use different shades of green for the clash kit moving forward, that would be great.

The shorts will be interesting to see, because this clash kit will look great with black shorts and I've said from day one that the primary should have verde shorts. Would love to see that happen.

10 minutes ago, spicyteriyaki said:

spacer.png

I like the socks, but I really think navy shorts with yellow stripes would have elevated this.

Needs more sash. Or any kind of contrast, as you said.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Austin should go with minty green shorts and minty green socks.  This shade kinda looks like it glows in the dark,.. which reminds me of those seizure-inducing green lights that the stadium uses when they score a goal.  Mostly black for one kit, and crazy lite-brite green for the other kit.  That's clashy enough, imo.

And as a Timbers fan... I'm pretty meh on these new rose kits, although they're getting a great response among fans I know.  I love the colors, I just have an aversion to a repetitive all-over graphic as a design.  It looks like wall paper.

My personal rankings for the new kits thus far:

1. Charlotte FC - Black/Mint  (a true home run that will absolutely outsell the primary kit)

2. Colorado Rapids - Burgundy (perfect example of how to use a tonal pattern - elevates the shirt without being generic or too loud... Light blue name/numbers/shorts put it over the top.)

3. Charlotte FC - Blue/White (even if it's a recolored Arsenal kit, the colors look fantastic with nice collar and cuff detail)

4. Austin FC - Mint (Curious choice considering the clash disaster vs the Sounders last year, but thankful it's not white or black and I love the shade  of green)

5. Portland Timbers - Rose (Too loud for my personal tastes, but it's unique and sure to be well received by fans and over-worn)

6. New York Red Bulls - Red (The tonal checkerboard is a nice element that's in the sweet spot of being noticeable yet not overpowering)

7. LA Galaxy - White (Far too white/navy heavy and not enough yellow; quasar collar/cuffs is a better in concept than in execution)

8. NE Revolution - Blue (Was hoping they would take the rebrand as an opportunity to incorporate some character or red elements into the kits and instead we get something even more generic.. yawn.)

9. Seattle Sounders - Green (Look, the Sounders have no business being this low with their brand and color scheme, but it feels like they are running out of ideas at this point and they haven't had a good home kit since 2016. Too much blue on the front of the kit here and the identity doesn't have the same energy it did in the early 2010s with the XBOX sponsor and the "futuristic" Adidas templates)

10. NE Revolution - White (Not really a new kit and it's just as bland as it was last year, but did they really have to put a white crest on a white shirt? Yuck.)