MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, it's hard to place why it looks better on the Thorns attempt at this motif for me. Maybe it's that the tonal treatment doesn't need to ensure any logo-sized gaps and therefore feels like more natural patterning.

The colors don't clash as greatly as they do on the Timbers jersey either, even though both shirts use colors that are within the same color palette.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GFB said:

8. NE Revolution - Blue (Was hoping they would take the rebrand as an opportunity to incorporate some character or red elements into the kits and instead we get something even more generic.. yawn.)

10. NE Revolution - White (Not really a new kit and it's just as bland as it was last year, but did they really have to put a white crest on a white shirt? Yuck.) 

The new Revs home does have red on the cuffs and sleeves (or at least the match version does).

As for the change, no arguement on that one.

38 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, it's hard to place why it looks better on the Thorns attempt at this motif for me. Maybe it's that the tonal treatment doesn't need to ensure any logo-sized gaps and therefore feels like more natural patterning.

It’s definitely the logo-sized gaps that make it look a little less natural than the Thorns jersey. I’m VERY glad the roses aren’t tonal on the Timbers’ new jersey, but the logo-sized gaps are a side effect of that choice. They also could’ve made the roses smaller and placed more of them on the shirt, but I think the gaps would’ve been even more evident with that approach. All things considered, I think they made it look about as good and bold as they could. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So as an ATLUTD fan, after seeing the CLT and Austin Mint jerseys I'm kinda worried about what they're going to show this Saturday. We know its going to be Mint & Black. After seeing the custom patterns that the Rapids and Redbulls and Sounders are getting I'm going to be pretty upset if the only club to qualify to get a 3rd kit last year has to settle on a retread of a 3 year old pattern in a color scheme that 2 other clubs in the league is already using. Here's to hoping the pattern from the email was just a filler and we actually get something custom to City in the Forest. 

After seeing the Timbers print, its going to be unacceptable if we get a 3 year old pattern. 

• Like 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

3 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

After seeing the Timbers print, its going to be unacceptable if we get a 3 year old pattern. 

Portland, it seems, routinely comes closest to having bespoke kits as you can get in MLS, which I suspect has a lot to do with Adidas' North American soccer division located at its U.S. HQ in Portland. 

Seattle Sounders

better than I expected thanks to the non rigid checkered pattern.

Portland Timbers

dislike it.

Looks like a shirt that was lost in the attic for decades, thus white turned grey/dusty/dirty.

After all the teasing I excepted something more as their Rose City one a few years ago was (white with red roses)

Colorado Rapids

so jealous of their sponsor less design!

the mountain details will be hard to see, but are a nice touch. Would have been cool to see a mock up where the ice shades/rivers had the the baby blue treatment)

NY RedBulls

not a fan of the white bulls in Japan logo, the design is ok, thanks to the non rigid wheathered checkerred pattern.

Wonder how it would look with the darker squares having a bit of black infused into the red (MetroStars colors)

New England Revoultion: Like that they return to all blue (jersey, shorts, socks), expected more after the logo refresh (a red sash or something inspired by the musketeer canon guys behind the goal, the logo still feels weird ("not permitted red circle" going trough the R)

Austin: a former Austin Verde shirt that stayed out in the sun too long. lol at Atlanta

LA Galaxy: miss the sash, but difficult to pull off well anyway with a front sponsor, too many quasars on the collar, a centered one at the V would have been fine.

1 minute ago, element7ero said:

Have not come across leaks, mockups or even rumors on the Vancouver Whitecaps, Toronto FC and CF Montreal yet 🤷‍♂️

Montreal are teasing a Arsenal away style in the form of the "Blood" or "Marble" kit from a couple of years ago. I thought I had heard that the Whitecaps were doing an inverse of their home (blue with white hoop)

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Portland, it seems, routinely comes closest to having bespoke kits as you can get in MLS, which I suspect has a lot to do with Adidas' North American soccer division located at its U.S. HQ in Portland. 

I think you have a valid point with that assumption.

28 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

And so it should be. A team that can draw an average of 40k plus should not be getting a hand me down.

2 minutes ago, element7ero said:

Have not come across leaks, mockups or even rumors on the Vancouver Whitecaps, Toronto FC and CF Montreal yet 🤷‍♂️

There have been leaks for MTL, the shirt will be white with a blue graphic which is either similar the one found on  an old Arsenal kit or identical.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

It's going to be black with red trim. Apparently, it was described as "looking like a training kit".

Okay.  As long as the Adidas stripes on the jerseys and shorts are red instead of white (or effing silver) I can live with it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, Digby said:

A second year of the Condivo 21 keeper kits? That's unusual for MLS/Adidas, right? 

Pretty sure that was just for the photo shoot. Like the away kit they just put a larger crest over the old one. Seattle's new keeper kits should arrive by first kick per the teamstore today

This is the only better Sounders home kit:

spacer.png

I still wish they had gone full checkerboard. But I’ll take it! Well done.

I am biased, but I feel like people are trying to gaslight me into thinking that Timbers’ change shirt is good. It’s not. It really is not. It will be the uniform of the tryhard Portland hipster the next few years and for that I am grateful.

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins