MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

5 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/philadelphia-union-unveil-2022-the-for-u-kit

The Philadelphia Union had unveiled their new primary kit.

FLuvsuzX0AUUdfh?format=jpg&name=small

Its better than their last one, but anything would've been, glad a stripe is back, but would prefer it in the center.

Not bad for team Bimbo, but had they centered the stripe and crest, that would be outstanding.  Hoping my team (NYCFC) has a strong 2nd jersey this year.  I have a home from year 1, but am hoping to add a clash kit jersey some year (just have not liked most of them.)

I really like that Philly kit. I've never cared for the center placement of the crest. To me, it messed with the left-right balance between the crest and the Adidas logo. I know for a while they stacked the Adidas logo on top of the crest, but I thought that looked even worse. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 10:37 PM, officeglenn said:

Another hint for Orlando City's away kit, to be unveiled Friday:

Oooooh, now you're talking City. I'm a lot more excited now. A sunset inspired design and purple shorts? Yes please. 

EDIT: Another teaser!

Seems like a sunset on water. I'm thinking white with a gold reflection pattern that gets thicker further and further down the shirt? We'll see, but I'm excited.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

5 minutes ago, DrJack said:

Pretty lame that the women's and kid's versions of these new kits don't have the collar detailing, especially considering the collar detailing  IS the design for many of them.
dwwolmkn3we1aou2cozo.pngff_4691541-cd91567d2f1a4724fc1dalt1_fullff_4660912-46ced4a4376b0682f285alt1_full

Pretty much all replica's (Mens too), which is pretty lame. Union has no collar or cuff stripes on theirs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrJack said:

Pretty lame that the women's and kid's versions of these new kits don't have the collar detailing, especially considering the collar detailing  IS the design for many of them.
dwwolmkn3we1aou2cozo.pngff_4691541-cd91567d2f1a4724fc1dalt1_fullff_4660912-46ced4a4376b0682f285alt1_full

That's the standard for MLS jerseys by adidas. It's been that way for at least 5 years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Pretty much all replica's (Mens too), which is pretty lame. Union has no collar or cuff stripes on theirs.

Yeah, I get it.  It just sucks.  Men at least have the option of buying an authentic... 

A friend at Adidas (not in the soccer department) actually explained it to me that when they decide to create levels in the product line (like replica/authentic) they need to save some things out for the authentic to entice folks to pay more for it.  The patterned collar is not any more expensive or complicated to make.  It could easily be included on a replica kit, without impacting Adidas' bottom line.  But if they did that, they'd be giving customers less of a reason to buy the more expensive authentic version.  People don't pay extra for things they can't see (like fabric cut or collar slogans or jock tags or whatever). 

So I get why replicas look the way they do. 

But knowing that, makes it all the more ridiculous that they choose not to include the correct collar and basic design elements on women's and kids' kits.  Don't make the pattern on the collar a focal point of the design if you're going to not include it in the retail versions of your product.

• Like 6

Looking forward to FC Cincinnatis kit unveil on Friday.  Hearing the kit is orange, which is what fans have been begging for and if below is true, design elements from the Cincinnati flag will be a great touch.

spacer.png

Signature intentionally left blank

5 hours ago, DrJack said:

Yeah, I get it.  It just sucks.  Men at least have the option of buying an authentic... 

A friend at Adidas (not in the soccer department) actually explained it to me that when they decide to create levels in the product line (like replica/authentic) they need to save some things out for the authentic to entice folks to pay more for it.  The patterned collar is not any more expensive or complicated to make.  It could easily be included on a replica kit, without impacting Adidas' bottom line.  But if they did that, they'd be giving customers less of a reason to buy the more expensive authentic version.  People don't pay extra for things they can't see (like fabric cut or collar slogans or jock tags or whatever). 

So I get why replicas look the way they do. 

But knowing that, makes it all the more ridiculous that they choose not to include the correct collar and basic design elements on women's and kids' kits.  Don't make the pattern on the collar a focal point of the design if you're going to not include it in the retail versions of your product.

Interesting. So why do they cut elements on MLS kits but not a team from any other league? 

XM4KeeA.png

41 minutes ago, insert name said:

Interesting. So why do they cut elements on MLS kits but not a team from any other league? 

Probably because MLS and the American fan base is a relatively younger group without the established traditions and century long expectations of kits, so they can get away with it. If they tried that with Liverpool, Barca, or Bayern, the supporters would laugh the manufacturer out of the club. We have to remember the context that the manufacturers directly sponsor these clubs and it’s in their best interests to do good work for the club. In MLS, adidas sponsors the league who is probably just happy to have such a deal. Adidas can get away with a lot more in the US than they could with big European teams.

• Like 2