MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

5 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Interesting development here. Rapids posted a video on their social media, and it has a very brief look at what appears to be a new Adidas GK template? I've haven't seen this particular design before so I wouldn't be surprised. Has this been seen with any other teams yet?

That is the new keeper kit template for this season. Columbus and SKC are the only other clubs to post pictures of their keepers in the new kits, and I’ve suspected it’s because the other teams are still waiting to receive them. Last week all of the clubs used last year’s keeper kits, and the kit assignment graphics suggest that the same will be true this week.  You can see all of the colorways here:

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/4579521874738553323/

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Sounders are wearing the correct shorts today after wearing the 2020/21 versions last week and in CCL. Almost looks like a slightly different, richer shade of blue, too (compare the shorts color to the training tops):

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:26 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Moderately ticked off that Miami and Austin are wearing their secondaries right now. Was hoping to see green and black vs pink.

I'm in agreement with you here. I know folks are hyped about that new uniform, but they should be wearing the primaries at home if there is not a clash.  

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Speaking of Austin, I’m gonna be really curious to see the kit matchup between them and the Timbers this Saturday in Portland. We could get a dark green vs. mint green kit matchup, which wouldn’t be ideal but would at least contrast a little better than the green vs. green Portland/Seattle matchups from the last couple of years. We could also get the Timbers in pink vs. Austin in their black/green primaries. As much as I love the Timbers’ pink kits, I’d rather not see them get into the habit of frequently wearing them at home. They would be the best choice for maximizing contrast, but part of me wants to see the green vs. green (especially if the Timbers go with their white shorts). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Last year, the artists formerly known as Montreal Impact just had the BMO circle logo extra large on the front of their home shirts, right? This year, same shirt but the usual logo treatment as seen on all the other Montreal/Toronto shirts. 

FNaUwZKXMAUf81x?format=jpg&name=large 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Speaking of Austin, I’m gonna be really curious to see the kit matchup between them and the Timbers this Saturday in Portland. We could get a dark green vs. mint green kit matchup, which wouldn’t be ideal but would at least contrast a little better than the green vs. green Portland/Seattle matchups from the last couple of years. We could also get the Timbers in pink vs. Austin in their black/green primaries. As much as I love the Timbers’ pink kits, I’d rather not see them get into the habit of frequently wearing them at home. They would be the best choice for maximizing contrast, but part of me wants to see the green vs. green (especially if the Timbers go with their white shorts). 

I'd expect Portland to keep wearing the rose alternate this weekend. Hopefully with the darker shorts instead of the white shorts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, Digby said:

I prefer Portland's white shorts with the home, but if it's going to be an all-green matchup, both teams going monochrome would be easier on the eyes.

I suppose monochrome would be best in terms of dark vs. light. When the Timbers and Sounders have done the all-green matchups it’s been necessary for the Timbers to wear white shorts so both teams weren’t in dark shorts, but I guess that really wouldn’t be the case here since Austin’s kit has mint shorts. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

We are actually getting green vs. green in Portland this weekend:

spacer.png

Definitely interested to see how this kit matchup looks in action. There should be a lot better contrast than the green vs. green Timbers/Sounders matchups from the last couple of years, and should essentially be akin to a navy vs. light blue matchup (except you have to add in the green of the pitch as well). Certainly fitting for a pre-St. Paddy’s Day matchup.

Here’s the link to all of this weekend’s matchups:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-3-x5540

Other notable things:

-Columbus going yellow/black/yellow against Toronto.

- Seattle & RBNY are the only teams wearing their secondaries at home. RBNY are debuting their new secondary, while Seattle is just doing it to do it.

- San Jose is debuting their new secondaries at Philadelphia.

- Finally, a very European-esque matchup between Colorado and SKC with the Rapids in their first choice burgundy/blue/blue and SKC wearing their primaries with the navy shorts and socks from their new secondaries:

spacer.png

Genuinely can’t remember the last time (if ever, actually) that SKC has worn light blue/navy/navy. I also think this’ll be the first time SKC has worn navy shorts with their primary shirts since 2018. Ironically, NYCFC wore this exact same kit combo at Colorado back in 2019.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

- Finally, a very European-esque matchup between Colorado and SKC with the Rapids in their first choice burgundy/blue/blue and SKC wearing their primaries with the navy shorts and socks from their new secondaries:

spacer.png

Genuinely can’t remember the last time (if ever, actually) that SKC has worn light blue/navy/navy. I also think this’ll be the first time SKC has worn navy shorts with their primary shirts since 2018. Ironically, NYCFC wore this exact same kit combo at Colorado back in 2019.

I don't believe we have either.  For the first time in a long time the club can swap any part of the kit combo with the primary and secondary. Something you'll see more often this year. 

• Like 2

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, upperV03 said:

Looks like we're getting the Green vs. Mint St Patty's match up. 

Overall its going to be a really enjoyable weekend to watch in MLS. Lots of great looking match ups. 
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-3-x5540

• Like 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

36 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Overall its going to be a really enjoyable weekend to watch in MLS. Lots of great looking match ups. 

Sigh. If only I could watch my Loons. But they really screwed the pooch with their TV deal in going with a provider that isn't on any of the streaming services.

39 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Yep, already posted it a couple of days ago👍🏻. Also, that’s my tweet you shared haha

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1