North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

So many upsets of MLS tonight.

The US Open Cup is such an underrated gem. So happy it's come back to us after a two-year hiatus.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The final save of that game by San Antonio was a beauty:

We've mostly lost our pro/rel truthers on this website, but Open Cup -- especially this year -- does the best job of scratching that itch. Really fun night last night bouncing around the games on ESPN+. I wish I had known they'd be there ahead of time!

• Love 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Round of 32 for US Open Cup is now set and we are guaranteed at least 3 lower level teams to make it to the round of 16

Seattle vs San Jose

Sacramento vs Phoenix

Cal United vs LA Galaxy

LAFC vs Portland

Minnesota vs Colorado

Omaha vs Northern Colorado

Kansas City vs Dallas

Houston vs San Antonio

Miami vs South Georgia

Orlando vs Philadelphia

Nashville vs Atlanta

Richmond vs Charlotte

Detroit vs Louisville

New England vs Cincinnati

DC vs NY Red Bulls

NYCFC vs Rochester

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

22 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Round of 32 for US Open Cup is now set and we are guaranteed at least 3 lower level teams to make it to the round of 16

Seattle vs San Jose

Sacramento vs Phoenix

Cal United vs LA Galaxy

LAFC vs Portland

Minnesota vs Colorado

Omaha vs Northern Colorado

Kansas City vs Dallas

Houston vs San Antonio

Miami vs South Georgia

Orlando vs Philadelphia

Nashville vs Atlanta

Richmond vs Charlotte

Detroit vs Louisville

New England vs Cincinnati

DC vs NY Red Bulls

NYCFC vs Rochester

When are these games happening?

Looks disgusting in Mexico tonight at the start of Leg 1 of CCL Final.

I might be too nervous to enjoy this.

If you missed Concacaf After Dark last night, you missed:

- a soft penalty blocked, but then retaken and converted after VAR

- corners taken with barely any room, on top of television cables

- a banger of a header to put Seattle down 2-0

- a penalty awarded, but then challenged by VAR for a block

- a penalty awarded at 90+5 to get Seattle level

It was frustrating, anger-inducing, and exhilarating.

Next Wednesday in Seattle is going to be incredible. Biggest game in Sounders and MLS history if Seattle wins. Biggest disappointment if they lose. We'll see how it goes!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If you missed Concacaf After Dark last night, you missed:

- a soft penalty blocked, but then retaken and converted after VAR

- corners taken with barely any room, on top of television cables

- a banger of a header to put Seattle down 2-0

- a penalty awarded, but then challenged by VAR for a block

- a penalty awarded at 90+5 to get Seattle level

It was frustrating, anger-inducing, and exhilarating.

Next Wednesday in Seattle is going to be incredible. Biggest game in Sounders and MLS history if Seattle wins. Biggest disappointment if they lose. We'll see how it goes!

Watching that penalty awarded to Pumas this morning, . . . that was not good refereeing. I may have to stay up late next week, even though I know peak Concacaf will occur, as the soccer gods have ordained. 

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Why are these games so late, anyway? Mexico City is on Central time, isn't it? I think one of the reasons CCL doesn't get the attention or prestige it should is that you've got key games starting at 10:30pm on the east coast. 

30 minutes ago, Digby said:

Why are these games so late, anyway? Mexico City is on Central time, isn't it? I think one of the reasons CCL doesn't get the attention or prestige it should is that you've got key games starting at 10:30pm on the east coast. 

I don't have an answer for you, and I was surprised it was a 730 local start for us out here last night.

Watching sports on the west coast is awesome because it's always a good time to watch sports on TV, but it does suck that you guys miss great moments because you have to do silly things like get a good night's rest.

I've definitely watched (at least at the start) CCL games hosted by CDMX teams against eastern MLS teams that started at 10:30 too, so it wasn't just trying to be nice to the Sounders fans back home. Must be a local thing. But some consistent start times a la UEFA seems like the sort of centralized planning that would help the CCL. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

I've definitely watched (at least at the start) CCL games hosted by CDMX teams against eastern MLS teams that started at 10:30 too, so it wasn't just trying to be nice to the Sounders fans back home. Must be a local thing. But some consistent start times a la UEFA seems like the sort of centralized planning that would help the CCL. 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I think they do the same for La Liga games too, where they are about an hour behind Germany and England due to how they treat the siesta period in some parts of the country. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FC Cincinnati gets the season sweep over Toronto FC in less than a week thanks to wins Saturday and tonight against the (soccer) Reds and now have more wins this season than the (baseball) Reds. FCC has also tied last season and 2020s win total of 4 and is two away from tying 2019s win total of 6. Its nice to see this team play well under a competent coach who isnt forcing the broken Dutch system

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

So we all rooting for Seattle tonight? I want to finally see an American club win this competition. Seattle couldn’t be a better representation of our league. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

We did it!

I'm currently waiting in my car on the 7th floor of a parking garage and have been in this place for about 10 minutes and I might actually never get home...but worth it. 3-0 in a final! Greatest MLS team of all time. Simply amazing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

We did it!

I'm currently waiting in my car on the 7th floor of a parking garage and have been in this place for about 10 minutes and I might actually never get home...but worth it. 3-0 in a final! Greatest MLS team of all time. Simply amazing.

Congrats to the Sounders and their fanbase on this historic achievement! It's fitting that the most consistent MLS club will represent CONCACAF in the next FIFA Club World Cup.

• Like 2