NASCAR 2022

LAWeaver

On 10/5/2022 at 8:32 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

He's back, boys.

AJ Allmendinger is going to be racing full-time in the Cup Series in 2023, for the first time since 2018. He'll be driving the 16 car.

Replacing him in Xfinity will be Chandler Smith. It's at least a two car operation right now with Smith and Cassill. They're trying to get stuff done to keep Hemric around.

I'm excited for AJ and the team, obviously, but he's going to be 41, and considering he left Cup with a whimper with JTG, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I thought for certain they'd be hitching their wagon to Hemric. I guess Smith is now the team's end goal. Toyota loses another promising young talent because of the power structure within the manufacturer.

I'm excited for AJ. I've gotten to be more of a fan of his (and Haley for that matter) over the past few years, and it seems like the Xfinity stint has rejuvenated him.

rAUPGPZ.png

AJ made it four in a ROVAL yesterday, becoming one of the first (if not the first) to win the same race four years in a row in the Xfinity Series.

Christopher Bell needed to win, and he ended up doing that. Hendrick winning the appeal of Byron's penalty at Texas inadvertently screwed over Kyle Larson because of Bell winning.

So in both Xfinity and Cup, there will be new champions crowned in Phoenix in November.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 10/9/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

AJ made it four in a ROVAL yesterday, becoming one of the first (if not the first) to win the same race four years in a row in the Xfinity Series.

Christopher Bell needed to win, and he ended up doing that. Hendrick winning the appeal of Byron's penalty at Texas inadvertently screwed over Kyle Larson because of Bell winning.

So in both Xfinity and Cup, there will be new champions crowned in Phoenix in November.

I wonder what the chances would be for all four Jr Motorsports teams to be in the Xfinity championship race

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wonder what the chances would be for all four Jr Motorsports teams to be in the Xfinity championship race

I think he will have half of the four. Mostly because Gragson and Allgaier are much better, (and have more playoff experience) than Mayer or Berry.

Plus, there's guys like AJ (not biased, I swear) and Gibbs around to spoil the party.

My initial Championship 4 was Allmendinger, Gragson, Allgaier and Hemric, but with Hemric eliminated; I now penciled in Ty Gibbs.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 10/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I think he will have half of the four. Mostly because Gragson and Allgaier are much better, (and have more playoff experience) than Mayer or Berry.

Plus, there's guys like AJ (not biased, I swear) and Gibbs around to spoil the party.

My initial Championship 4 was Allmendinger, Gragson, Allgaier and Hemric, but with Hemric eliminated; I now penciled in Ty Gibbs.

Well, after yesterday’s 1-2-3 finish, it’s Berry (Lock), Gragson, and Allgaier from JRM with Ty Gibbs being the outlier

Yesterday, quite frankly, made me feel very upset. I can't stand Jr's team; a sloppy pit stop, and a fluke win are going to prevent AJ from competing for the title. (It's actually, really, only Gragson that I can't stand.)

If Gragson or Allgaier had won, this wouldn't be that much of an issue, but the fact Berry won annoys me to no end. AJ doesn't have this issue, he might have run away with it.

There's still time, but they're behind the right ball; and being in this situation can make it extremely easy to let the situation get out of hand and snowball. They were so intent on a fast pit stop, they neglected to make sure all the tires were secured. AJ has had a solid pit crew, but a simple mental mistake is going to cost them dearly.

Of course, he can easily win either of the next two weeks; rendering all this whining I did completely moot.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

So, Bubba puts himself into the wall, trying to hard charge his way past Larson, and then maliciously; at race speed, hook him into the wall. Taking out both, and Bell to boot. Then, he starts shoving him around. Yes, Larson threw a block, and it wasn't like he pinched him into the wall, Bubba did that himself. And the cherry on top, after shoving around Kyle, he does the same thing to an innocent safety worker. Yes, he was boiling mad, but c'mon here. The worker was simply just following protocol, he didn't deserve to get shoved around. Bubba needs to learn that your actions have consequences. And from what I've seen, no one seems to be coming to his aid, or defending him.

He has to get suspended, maybe not for the rest of the season, but definitely one week. His actions on track were inexcusable, his actions after the wreck were just as well.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Bubba will only get a slap on the wrist. They aren’t going to suspend their golden boy for equality, especially when nascar has been far too lenient on drivers this season. Nascar doesn’t want the bad press of looking like racist even if it’s just making someone accountable for their actions there will be a portion of the population that doesn’t even watch the sport that will protest and want heads to roll.

As someone who likes Bubba Wallace, today was a big "yikes" on his part. Larson said it best, that Wallace's day wasn't over until he spun him out. And it sucks for Christopher Bell, too. The anger directed at the AMR safety guy, and at Marty Snider during his interview seemed really childish. Though I probably would have come off the same way given that the interview was like 10 minutes after it all happened. I know "they get paid a lot so they should just deal with it" is the go-to response, but there's not a person on the planet who wouldn't look like a total jackass being asked any questions after your angriest moments.

Although to be honest, if I was Bubba Wallace, Kyle Larson would be the last person I'd ever let off easy (based on his early 2020 incident). Not excusing the wreck retaliation at all, but I didn't mind all the shoving afterward, I kind of enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I’m curious to know who the replacement driver is. This will be the third driver for the 45.

Brandon Jones? JGR might block him from Cup experience since he’s moving to JRM (Chevy) next year.

Trevor Bayne? He has the most Cup experience

Someone we aren’t expecting?

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m curious to know who the replacement driver is. This will be the third driver for the 45.

Brandon Jones? JGR might block him from Cup experience since he’s moving to JRM (Chevy) next year.

Trevor Bayne? He has the most Cup experience

Someone we aren’t expecting?

Wasn't John Hunter Nemechek Denny's initial plan to fill in for Kurt? Not sure what his schedule is for the rest of the year.