NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

More than anything, the Jets need a logo that expresses their moniker. The wordmark and football is pretty bad. 

I love the way their uniform looks when they wear white pants (green pants never look good). They're bold, I don't hate angular stripes -- they are just as standard as classic stripes, they don't look bad when done right. 

Their only real issue for me is the logo has no character.

Anything resembling an ACTUAL Jet would be cool (its a great moniker that  is not leaned into whatsoever)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyJets33 said:

With the way uniform design has gone I'd rather them get it so close the first time (and it looks like theyre going to evaluate the logo scenario) vs completely miss the redesign and have to go back to the board. The Jets current green helmets sans corporate stale logo are some of the best in the league. Their current template with a few tweaks, like the angular 80s logo, could really 10/10 nail it (think the Rams going from bone to the new white unis they have, the Colts and Niners changing the wordmarks and fonts, changes like those didn't need the 5 year uniform period either).

The 49ers had to wait five years after they introduced the non-cut off two stripe jerseys, and the Colts had been wearing the same thing for like 20 years.

10 hours ago, TonyJets33 said:

I believe that the two options for alternate helmet are all black (the current black unis were designed with the current green gloss helmet in mind) or all white (which would allow them to use a vintage logo like the jumbo jet plane or the Namath unis). These two ideas are in line with what we know the NFL wants to do with the alt helmets, as a supplement to an alternate look).

All that is to say that its possible their *throwback* is an 80s throwback that uses the current helmet with different decals. Honestly as a Jets fan I would want them to design a new look based off our current one that implements the 80s sharp wordmark and leave the black or white helmets to monochrome alternates.  

Example of such redesign:

spacer.png

This would be a top 10 look

• Like 8

fiowXOD.png

I have news. Believe me don't whatever but I am just sharing so don't shoot the messenger.

TB has received special approval to have the creamsicles this year.

The Falcons are going red helmets (already announced) for four games this year. You will see them with the Gradient uniforms and with different striping and logos than the throwbacks as well.

The Cowboys white helmet and classic Thanksgiving uniforms are returning.

The Rams will debut a black helmet with an all black set.

The Saints will have a white helmet this year they will pair with the CR. It is stupid clean.

Arizona will get a red helmet they have dedicated for use with the CR.

The Bears are getting an orange helmet to match with an unannounced as of yet new alt. Really looking forward to seeing reactions to that.

The Bills are bringing back red helmets to match their CR.

Carolina is getting a black helmet. I was told they'll be worn with the black jerseys and pants so I'm not sure if they are designating teal as their primaries or if they got an exception.

Cinci is getting black helmets with white stripes. Sounds weird but it looks so much cooler than white with black stripes, especially with black socks.

New England is bringing back Pat Patriot and the old red uni.

Philly has a black helmet to go with their all black alts.

Denver has a new/old orange helmet they will pair with the CR. I said before they'd be switching to all navy primaries. Officially orange will be the primary but they will wear all navy more times than the classic orange because of CR games. So technically I was wrong, but you will see them more than the designated primaries.

I've heard rumblings about the Packers doing something but good luck getting leaks out of that organization.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 4

18 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Carolina is getting a black helmet. I was told they'll be worn with the black jerseys and pants so I'm not sure if they are designating teal as their primaries or if they got an exception.

Not the point but really? Teal? Come on. It's blue.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

I have news. Believe me don't whatever but I am just sharing so don't shoot the messenger.

The Falcons are going red helmets (already announced) for four games this year. You will see them with the Gradient uniforms and with different striping and logos than the throwbacks as well.

The Saints will have a white helmet this year they will pair with the CR. It is stupid clean.

The Bears are getting an orange helmet to match with an unannounced as of yet new alt. Really looking forward to seeing reactions to that.

Cinci is getting black helmets with white stripes. Sounds weird but it looks so much cooler than white with black stripes, especially with black socks.

Denver has a new/old orange helmet they will pair with the CR. I said before they'd be switching to all navy primaries. Officially orange will be the primary but they will wear all navy more times than the classic orange because of CR games. So technically I was wrong, but you will see them more than the designated primaries.

I've heard rumblings about the Packers doing something but good luck getting leaks out of that organization.

This is the 🔥🔥🔥 post that I needed to get my week started right!! Can't wait to see them all come to fruition!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

14 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

"The mods can't ban me if I'm including already verified information with a bunch of BS speculation that I just made up!!!!!" 

I thought you said Russell Wilson wanted the team to wear the navy jerseys more? Now it’s only because of orange CR uniforms? What does a new/old orange helmet look like…why would they not stick with the navy helmets that go better with the orange CR jerseys? 

The max number of games for all alt jerseys is three or four…even if it’s four, how would wearing orange and navy alts outnumber the times the Broncos wear primary home? 

You say the Broncos will wear all navy...but this tweet from the Broncos implies they'll be wearing navy over white pants at least one time.  It literally wouldn't make sense for them to wear all navy for this game (Elway wasn't a fan of the all-navy). 

The Bears are going to have a new orange alternate to replace their old orange alternate? The Bears’ orange alternate jerseys came back in 2018…so they haven’t been around five seasons.  

The Falcons are going to wear the red helmet for four games?? I mean, they're only planning on wearing the throwback for one game...why wouldn't they announce the other red helmet design at the same time as the throwback? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

This is the 🔥🔥🔥 post that I needed to get my week started right!! Can't wait to see them all come to fruition!

Lol the uniforms that haven’t been announced are probably untrue. This dude lies about everything. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Lol the uniforms that haven’t been announced are probably untrue. This dude lies about everything. 

Like the “new/old orange helmet” for the broncos since the broncos have NEVER had an orange helmet, then tries to back track that the broncos are going navy primaries next year

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Like the “new/old orange helmet” for the broncos since the broncos have NEVER had an orange helmet, then tries to back track that the broncos are going navy primaries next year

The Broncos wore orange helmets in the 60s. 

But 60s helmets wouldn't pair well with the 70s-90s style CR unis. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Broncos wore orange helmets in the 60s. 

But 60s helmets wouldn't pair well with the 70s-90s style CR unis. 

You’re right, forgot about those, and you’re right they don’t make sense, there are plenty of things wrong with his “leaks” that I don’t want to list all of them. He used just enough things we already knew, and made just barely believable predictions to fill in the rest.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

This would be surprising. The Patriots have gone out of their way to avoid red ever since it was pointed out that our Revolutionary  enemies, the British, wore red coats. We'll most likely see white Pat Patriot helmets over white & white.

11 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

This had better NOT happen. If anything, they should have a yellow (sol?) jersey or a white jersey/white pants/white helmet logo look.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

7 hours ago, sitboaf said:

This would be surprising. The Patriots have gone out of their way to avoid red ever since it was pointed out that our Revolutionary  enemies, the British, wore red coats. We'll most likely see white Pat Patriot helmets over white & white.

The red jerseys will be worn.

Since these official jerseys are for sale, it appears they are in the style guide, which is why they'll be ready for 2022: 

https://proshop.patriots.com/mens-nike-mac-jones-red-new-england-patriots-alternate-game-jersey/p-15829421975327+z-9809-3419585854

The last time the Patriots wore white helmets (2010-11): NFL rule change finally clears the way for Patriots throwback jerseys -  Pats Pulpit

• Like 2

14 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Source: trust me bro

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, sitboaf said:

True, because nobody realized this until 2011 🤣 Or they stopped wearing red once the 1 helmet rule went in to place and couldn't wear the throwbacks anymore.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1