NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Sooo they actually wore mismatching sh1t in the 80s (i'd like to know why they did) -- Royal jerseys, navy lids.

If When the Giants go back to this look full-time in a couple seasons, I hope the correct this so the blues are all uniform.

Teams like the Giants and Rams wore navy helmets because Riddell only made navy blue (Rams, Giants, 80s Kansas, et al) or light blue (Broncos, Ole Miss, late 80s Tulsa, and maybe San Jose St) until regular royal blue helmets were manufactured in the early 90s for Kansas and the Ohio Glory of the WLAF. 

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Teams like the Giants and Rams wore navy helmets because Riddell only made navy blue (Rams, Giants, Kansas, et al) or light blue (Broncos, Ole Miss) until regular royal blue helmets were manufactured in the early 90s for Kansas and the Ohio Glory of the WLAF. 

Ah. Gonna assume that would also explain this

c6d6861ff83c1e41777e960dcedc96e8

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

On 7/19/2022 at 9:35 AM, CDCLT said:

I hate the black helmet. I hate the stupid all-black Color Rush. All I can hope for is that this means the blue jersey is getting the primary designation this season. Black pants was the worst thing to happen to this team since Jimmy Clausen.

this guy gets it.  keep it classic Panthers.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

23 hours ago, dont care said:

How do you make a matte decal? It will always end up looking glossy because it’s rubber and not painted, and even if it was the outer surface will still be the smooth glossy rubber

the helmet decals are 2 layer, a base layer and an overlaminate to protect the printed base layer.  you can get matte, lustre,  glossy, and even a metallic flake finish laminates.  i prefer a gloss helmet and gloss decals, but matte finish  has a lot of supporters.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

i think the Panthers black helmet alt needs to:

-add the silver accents to helmet decals to match shoulder logos... or new CR uni that is just black and process blue.  one or the other.

-use gloss helmet and gloss decals.  matte looks cheap.

last thought on the Panthers black helmet alt announcement, its at home Thurs Nov 10 v ATL.  ATL will prob go all red color rush pajamas, so i expect a terrible match up for TV aesthetics.

• Like 1

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

2 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

i think the Panthers black helmet alt needs to:

-add the silver accents to helmet decals to match shoulder logos... or new CR uni that is just black and process blue.  one or the other.

-use gloss helmet and gloss decals.  matte looks cheap.

last thought on the Panthers black helmet alt announcement, its at home Thurs Nov 10 v ATL.  ATL will prob go all red color rush pajamas, so i expect a terrible match up for TV aesthetics.

ATL doesn't have and all-red color rush look anymore. Closest thing they have if the gradient jersey:

pt2d61z5cppevipliqam

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Technically speaking, couldn’t Atlanta just wear the red helmet with current logo and gradient uniform? It sticks to the very loose rule of  “alternate uniform only”.

I had heard from a few people connected to the team that that was the plan, including the original concept by Nike. Whether that actually happens is anybody's guess. 

• Like 1