2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

15 minutes ago, derami said:

Can the Saints please, please wear white jersey and gold pants? It would be so much more aesthetically appealing against the Browns in brown jersey and white pants. 

They won't. We've been asking for years. We were lucky to get what we got in SB44, and that's it.

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Like they took one glance at a uniform catalog and said “yep, that’s the one. I’ll take your entire stock”

but wouldn’t standard block be the first one in the catalog?

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, derami said:

Can the Saints please, please wear white jersey and gold pants? It would be so much more aesthetically appealing against the Browns in brown jersey and white pants. 

The one game where they did wear gold pants, against the 49ers, I wished they wore the white or black pants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

(Now if you want the Steelers' reason for keeping the 1998 update around, I'd say point to merchandise sales...because if you know Steelerheads like I do, you could sell them a dangone toothbrush just because it has a Steeler logo on it...of course they'd double up on the jersey swag, man! 💶)

It was actually 1997 when the Steelers made the change but you're absolutely right about us Yinzers buying up the Steelers merch. More so when the Steelers are competing for Super Bowls. During the down years, the merchants in the Strip District have tons of unsold Steelers merchandise.

13 hours ago, simtek34 said:

And there it is... 

Also, they're using the Black Facemasks, which they didn't use until 1977. So while it IS a throwback, it's to the wrong era. Unless they surprise us with Grey Facemasks on on Xmas.

Honestly, the Steelers need to fix their Northwestern  sleeve stripes by either scaling down or just simply pull a Detroit Lions. I don’t know.

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I was hoping the Rams would switch it up and wear the yellow pants at Lambeau after two straight years of blue. Yes, it would be a lot of yellow, but I think it would work just fine with the blue helmet and socks.

Me too. Also the gradient stripe sucks all high hell. Why just a simple yellow like that garbage highlighter yellow Color. God, I miss the athletic gold color.

I'd prefer the Steelers in block numbers, personally, but I don't think the Futura is terrible. My main issue is with the slight italic.  I've never been a fan of italicized number in football, and italicizing them defeats the whole"match the helmet numbers" thing.  Maybe just de-italicize them, and it would be better.

Or, just go back to the block numbers because they look better.

(That 70's Steeler throwback needs a gray facemask.  What, you thought I wasn't going to say it?)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

50 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd prefer the Steelers in block numbers, personally, but I don't think the Futura is terrible. My main issue is with the slight italic.  I've never been a fan of italicized number in football, and italicizing them defeats the whole"match the helmet numbers" thing.  Maybe just de-italicize them, and it would be better.

(That 70's Steeler throwback needs a gray facemask.  What, you thought I wasn't going to say it?)

Slight italic? I don't see it and I'm no fan of that look either.

They definitely should be going with a gray facemask. I don't know they aren't if they're throwing it back to 1972 this weekend.

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

C’mon Steelers, put up blue wall art around the field to make it look like Three Rivers. 

The walls were green in 1972.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seconded . . . and seconded.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃