2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

48 minutes ago, hormone said:

Obviously the chiefs are white-white but can anyone clarify their socks cause there’s about 1/2 in reds and 1/2 in white. 

It’s weird for them because most teams who do this have players in solid white socks, but some Chiefs players wear the striped ones, which makes it very unclear.

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I think that would only be feasible if all the players agreed to wear red undershirts and other accessories

We had a whole Titans convo in this thread, I think, and I noticed that the Titans look good accessorizing with red, buurbit doesn't seem like a consistent part of their uniform.

And in fact, it's hard to say just what the Titans uniform really is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Imagine if they actually tried to make it look good...

da2a7fbfe8d544eda9a3d2a914308395--saints

See, if they used the white color rush/throwback/alt pants with the stripe, instead of the plain white ones, it might actually look good, but instead the white pants with no stripe are going to stick out like a sore thumb because there’s no black or gold elements on it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Do the Titans ever where red socks? That would look nice with this set.

If not for accessories (gloves, cleats) and the friggin Nike Swoosh, the Titans use virally no red.

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, hormone said:

Obviously the chiefs are white-white but can anyone clarify their socks cause there’s about 1/2 in reds and 1/2 in white. 

It's pretty much up to the player.   I think the only rule they must enforce is that the Yellow stripe must be on the sock somewhere, because I swear some of the guys just wear White leggings and then cut the stripe out of the sock and wear that over their ankle or calf:

spacer.png

I also noticed that in pregame, JuJu & Juan Thornhill were wearing all White socks/leggings, but in the game, they had the Yellow stripe or an additional sock on over top.

White on White is the only combination my Chiefs should wear on the road.  I'd be just fine with them burning the Red pants.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Not a huge fan of most mono combos, but I really don't hate how the Jags look in their current set.  

The White block numbers on the simple jersey are just so clean.  It'd be nice if they just made a very subtle update to add some Gold into the uniform, like the Swoosh on the sleeves and just small slivers of it on the edge of the black on the sleeves/pants/socks.  Just adding a little touch of Gold without overdoing it would go a long way.

• Like 1

I don't hate it as much as others where jersey, pants, and socks match, and I think that's because they don't have white helmets. It's still not ideal, probably because it's a medium-value color unlike navy or black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Volt said:

add some Gold into the uniform, like the Swoosh on the sleeves

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!

Again, we're making the swoosh a part of the uniform and a part of the team's branding.  Like the red one on the Titans.  

We're nearing the point where it's hard to tell where the team's brand ends and Nike's starts.  An advertiser's logo shouldn't be part of a team's design.  It should just be there.  Actually, it's better if it doesn't integrate because then it's clearly just an ad and not creeping in on the team's brand.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Again, we're making the swoosh a part of the uniform and a part of the team's branding.  Like the red one on the Titans.  

We're nearing the point where it's hard to tell where the team's brand ends and Nike's starts.  An advertiser's logo shouldn't be part of a team's design.  It should just be there.  Actually, it's better if it doesn't integrate because then it's clearly just an ad and not creeping in on the team's brand.

Literally every NBA and NHL jersey looks better when the ad tries to match with the jersey colors. The worst ads stick out like sore thumbs. 

The less the NE sticks out on a MLB hat the better, and the only way that happens is if it matches colors on the hat.

When Russell Athletic made baseball jerseys in the 90s, I always enjoyed how the R on the sleeve tied to the team’s colors on the authentic jerseys (Marlins had a teal R outlined in black that really worked). Majestic did the same thing. The replica jerseys always had the R in red/white/blue for all teams and it really stood out and looked awful.

Lot Detail - 1994 Gary Sheffield Game Used Florida Marlins Home Jersey

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Blue pants have been worn at Chicago and Minnesota numerous times but only ONCE at Lambeau, in 2017, the inaugural year of this set, when the Lions wore blue pants every time they wore the white jersey.

paz-white-flag.gif

32 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yyeeaahhh we passed that threshold about ten years ago...but your point still stands. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's pretty much up to the player.   I think the only rule they must enforce is that the Yellow stripe must be on the sock somewhere, because I swear some of the guys just wear White leggings and then cut the stripe out of the sock and wear that over their ankle or calf:

spacer.png

I also noticed that in pregame, JuJu & Juan Thornhill were wearing all White socks/leggings, but in the game, they had the Yellow stripe or an additional sock on over top.

White on White is the only combination my Chiefs should wear on the road.  I'd be just fine with them burning the Red pants.

This is a great example of how much socks matter in a uniform. I don't understand how 10 can see his teammates and think the all-white is the look to go with

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Literally every NBA and NHL jersey looks better when the ad tries to match with the jersey colors. The worst ads stick out like sore thumbs. 

It's a real shame sports uniforms have come to the point where we even have to discuss stuff like this. And it's only gonna get worse. Grim.

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1