2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Alternates can be worn three times and they are suddenly not using them that many times after doing it before.

Probably because the team has taken more liking to the regular aquas in the midst of the white-at-home games that they can't help.

There's a reason why some teams don't go to the max on alternates/throwbacks; to ensure that the primary jerseys are seen enough times at the home stadium. That's probably why the Panthers haven't worn the alternate blues at home these last two years, and it's probably why teams won't mind wearing them on the road. The Jets wearing the gotham green jersey only once is appalling. When they did wear the gotham green it was monochrome green, an d there's an overkill of monochrome uniforms by teams.

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

Yyeeaahhh we passed that threshold about ten years ago...but your point still stands. 

Well really we passed that threshold about 30 years ago. Russell MLB jerseys had maker's marks in team colors in the 90s. CCM hockey jerseys had CCM logos in team colors on authentics in the early 90s, and finally on replica jerseys in the mid 90s (as CCM upgraded from AirKnit to 550 model). 

Nike football jerseys had makers' marks in team colors (as did adidas in the late 90s). Starter's mark on white Dolphins jersey was aqua from 97-98; and in the 2000s, all Reebok logos were in team colors on the sleeves. These days most people on here complain about the Colts' black swooshes on the jerseys instead of having it be white or blue (though Nike likely made it black to tie in to the Colts' found-again black shoes tradition). 

The Broncos in the 90s looked far better with blue swooshes than say black or white or heaven forbid, volt. The team-matching swoosh looks far less jarring than Nike's own pick of color. 

Gallery: Classic Denver Broncos photos from the 1960s to today

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My point isn't about making the swoosh in team colors, per se.  It's about making the swoosh a particular color so that it actually becomes part of the design of the uniform.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

My point isn't about making the swoosh in team colors, per se.  It's about making the swoosh a particular color so that it actually becomes part of the design of the uniform.

I can see where you're coming from with not wanting to bring any attention to the manufacturer logo, but I'd rather the swoosh be visible if it means not sacrificing color balance and contrast. Do whatever color feels cohesive with the rest of uniform and the immediate area around it, and I'll be happy, so long as it doesn't hog attention by sticking out in an unnatural way, e.g. the Colts' black swoosh on their away set. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 minute ago, PERRIN said:

I can see where you're coming from with not wanting to bring any attention to the manufacturer logo, but I'd rather the swoosh be visible if it means not sacrificing color balance and contrast. Do whatever color feels cohesive with the rest of uniform and the immediate area around it, and I'll be happy, so long as it doesn't hog attention by sticking out in an unnatural way, e.g. the Colts' black swoosh on their away set. 

But if it's the only red on the Titans, or (as proposed) it's the only gold on the Jags, then it becomes a design element rather than an advertisement.  So (work with me here) if Reebok or Puma or UA take over the contract and put their logo there, it becomes more of a different uniform than if the logo is simply replaced.

I totally understand why people may think that it's innocuous and makes the uniform look better if the swoosh is colored in a way that enhances the overall look, but to me, that integrates an ad too closely with the design of the uniform and it's no longer "manufacturer agnostic" - which is what it should be.

If the Jags were to add some gold, then they should find some other way rather than enhancing the ad.  If the Titans want more red, they should find some other way besides relying on the ad.  The Seahawks?  Their uniform was literally designed to showcase the ad.  I'm honestly not sure which case is worse.

Agreed that the black on the Colts looks stupid.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

But if it's the only red on the Titans, or (as proposed) it's the only gold on the Jags, then it becomes a design element rather than an advertisement.  So (work with me here) if Reebok or Puma or UA take over the contract and put their logo there, it becomes more of a different uniform than if the logo is simply replaced.

I totally understand why people may think that it's innocuous and makes the uniform look better if the swoosh is colored in a way that enhances the overall look, but to me, that integrates an ad too closely with the design of the uniform and it's no longer "manufacturer agnostic" - which is what it should be.

If the Jags were to add some gold, then they should find some other way rather than enhancing the ad.  If the Titans want more red, they should find some other way besides relying on the ad.  The Seahawks?  Their uniform was literally designed to showcase the ad.  I'm honestly not sure which case is worse.

Agreed that the black on the Colts looks stupid.

Hundred percent agree with you here, wasn't disagreeing with that part of your point at all. I can see a colored swoosh being applied tastefully so long as that same color appears elsewhere. In almost all circumstances, using the swoosh as an excuse to sneak in one more color is a pretty good indicator that the rest of the uniform doesn't utilize its color scheme properly.

The only possible example where I'd like the swoosh the be a unique color would be a gold swoosh for the 49ers, but only if the chest workmark is also gold. That way there's at least some gold on the jersey but the swoosh isn't the only gold element.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Vikings back to white on purple even after the blowout loss. Haven't worn white on white on the road since Week 2.

I like that the Bears are wearing striped white socks with their mono look, which is something most teams don't do anymore.

Browns Steelers looks nice in the sunlight with those yellow endzones.

I find it a bit odd that the Bengals opted to wear black over white on Monday night but didn't wear it again today after that game only lasted about a quarter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Blue pants have been worn at Chicago and Minnesota numerous times but only ONCE at Lambeau, in 2017, the inaugural year of this set, when the Lions wore blue pants every time they wore the white jersey.

Just when I thought we were going to get through the entire season without the white-out look being used, the Lions have to break them out for a high-profile Sunday night game. What a shame; it's their second worst look ahead of only the dreadful all-gray color rush.

• Applause 1

14 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Just when I thought we were going to get through the entire season without the white-out look being used, the Lions have to break them out for a high-profile Sunday night game. What a shame; it's their second worst look ahead of only the dreadful all-gray color rush.

They wore it against the Giants in Week 11.

• Like 1