2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

When did “britches” start becoming the trendy word for football pants? It sounds dumb. Just say pants. 

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

When did “britches” start becoming the trendy word for football pants? It sounds dumb. Just say pants. 

So far, I've only seen the Titans Tracker account call them that. It's probably a spoof on Tennessee country or some BS like that, because no one calls any type of pants "britches".

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Chargers wearing white over yellow tonight!!!

Is this the more interesting option for them? Yes.

Would I rather see them wear it against different teams this season since they've worn it at Arrowhead every season since the unveil? Also yes.

Still haven't seen the yellow pants in Denver or Vegas.

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So far, I've only seen the Titans Tracker account call them that. It's probably a spoof on Tennessee country or some BS like that, because no one calls any type of pants "britches".

For the both of y'all: I don't know that I'd call it "trendy", but (the U of) Georgia's been referring to their (no longer metallic) pants as "silver britches" for about as long as I can remember; I'm sure Tennessee picked up on the trope because if there's one thing Nashville is great at, it's making both a stereotype and a parody out of itself. 

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Chargers wearing white over yellow tonight!!!

And I don't care what nann of y'all say: when the Chargers wear the yellow pants with either white or charger blue tops, they have arguably the best uniform set in the league. Don't try to change my mind on this; it ain't gonna happen.

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The more I sit with it the more I’m in awe at how much the Chargers nailed their new brand. Their standard sets are pretty much flawless, which is more than any Nike overhaul can say.

The Vikings have that weird number thing, the Browns and Bucs had to be bullied into turning back the clock, and the Bengals whiffed on the pants. 

But the Chargers, aside from the alts, no notes. I prefer yellow pants, but white is still a 10/10 uniform. 

• Like 15

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The more I sit with it the more I’m in awe at how much the Chargers nailed their new brand. Their standard sets are pretty much flawless, which is more than any Nike overhaul can say.

The Vikings have that weird number thing, the Browns and Bucs had to be bullied into turning back the clock, and the Bengals whiffed on the pants. 

But the Chargers, aside from the alts, no notes. I prefer yellow pants, but white is still a 10/10 uniform. 

Agreed. Before 2020, I had always ranked the Vikings as the best of the Nike redesigns. Now, they’re not even in the top 5. With the Chargers, Browns 2.0, Buccaneers 2.0, Bengals, Colts+, and even the Rams ahead of them, IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Vikings jerseys by themselves, but the pants stripes kinda gradually killed my love for the set.

11 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I’m no fan of the white sock trend. But ever if a team should do it the Chargers tonight need it. Way too bottom heavy.

spacer.png

Striped, white socks will pretty much always look good with a white jersey. In general, socks that match the jersey are good. I don't think this Chargers look is bad, but I think it would look just as good with white socks that prominently feature blue in the striping pattern. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Striped, white socks will pretty much always look good with a white jersey. In general, socks that match the jersey are good. I don't think this Chargers look is bad, but I think it would look just as good with white socks that prominently feature blue in the striping pattern. 

What striping pattern would you use, though? The Chargers have no stripes anywhere on the jersey or stadium, and putting the bolt on the socks would look horrendous.

Side note: at the beginning of the game, I thought the Chargers looked too bottom heavy, and they should switch to blue facemasks. But as the game went on, the uniform grew on me, and the numbers provided just enough blue to balance the socks, thus creating a near-perfect look.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What striping pattern would you use, though? The Chargers have no stripes anywhere on the jersey or stadium, and putting the bolt on the socks would look horrendous.

Side note: at the beginning of the game, I thought the Chargers looked too bottom heavy, and they should switch to blue facemasks. But as the game went on, the uniform grew on me, and the numbers provided just enough blue to balance the socks, thus creating a near-perfect look.

The Jets have a similar problem. They look better with white socks when they wear green pants, but their tapered striping system wouldn't work on a sock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I don't think it necessarily has to match anything specific, just having any stripe would be better than blank white.

The Patriots used to use the Adidas triple-stripe on their socks despite it appearing nowhere else in their uniform, and I thought it worked pretty well. It doesn't look out of place at least. 

Super Bowl 53 Final Score: Vaunted Rams offense flops spectacularly in 13-3  loss to Patriots - Field Gulls

I think the Chargers could do something similar, or just base stripes off the approximate weight of the current striping/numerals. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Both of those are probably a lateral move from the same uniform with blue socks. 

• Like 3