2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

All of that to say, the Bengals clearly had a greater-than-50% chance of winning that game. You can argue how much greater, but it was clearly greater. So, if they were going to arbitrarily decide the game, they should've given it to the Bengals over the Bills. The most fair thing would've been a neutral site though. Neutral site > @CIN > @BUF

Greater than 50% chance based on about 12% of meaningful data. There are no valid conclusions you could draw from that game, unless it's the Bills would be shaken up watching their teammate die on the field. Then, yes, valid.

I think it's either neutral site or @ Buffalo, with no allowance for a Bengals home game. Based on 15 games played, the Bills had 12 wins and the Bengals 11. That's pretty cut and dried. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Greater than 50% chance based on about 12% of meaningful data. There are no valid conclusions you could draw from that game, unless it's the Bills would be shaken up watching their teammate die on the field. Then, yes, valid.

I think it's either neutral site or @ Buffalo, with no allowance for a Bengals home game. Based on 15 games played, the Bills had 12 wins and the Bengals 11. That's pretty cut and dried. 

The amount of wins they had is irrelevant because A) They didn't play an equal number of home/away games, b) They already were discounting overall record when determining the CIN/BAL and KC/BUF playoff games, C) This game was going to determine who got the home playoff game regardless.

It seems like we all agree that the game should've been neutral site though. Hopefully the Dolphins (or the Ravens for that matter) pull off a miracle and make the whole thing moot but it's obviously a long shot.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

15 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't know how you can look at the two and possibly think that Mayfield didn't outplay Darnold individually in the last 5 games.

Speaking of the Browns: How was that first year without Baker?

I never claimed Darnold outplayed Mayfield. This is what I actually said. "My guess is Josh Allen and the Bills offense are much more capable of overcoming a four point deficit than a Panthers offense being led by Sam Darnold or the Mayfield Experience is." Which part of that tripped you up?

The first year without Mayfield was better than the year the Panthers or Rams had with him.

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

I never claimed Darnold outplayed Mayfield. This is what I actually said. "My guess is Josh Allen and the Bills offense are much more capable of overcoming a four point deficit than a Panthers offense being led by Sam Darnold or the Mayfield Experience is." Which part of that tripped you up?

The first year without Mayfield was better than the year the Panthers or Rams had with him.

The Browns had the same winning percentage as the Rams did with Mayfield with a much better roster. And that's with 6 games of Deshaun Watson playing.

I said that Mayfield wasn't the issue for the Panthers and you disputed it. That's what I was responding to, not your original comment.

5 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

The Browns had the same winning percentage as the Rams did with Mayfield with a much better roster. And that's with 6 games of Deshaun Watson playing.

I said that Mayfield wasn't the issue for the Panthers and you disputed it. That's what I was responding to, not your original comment.

Yeah, I don't care.

I never said Mayfield was the issue with the Panthers. What I said was the Panthers were a better team without him. I'm fine with having a discussion with you (pedantic as you can be) but you need to stop making :censored: up and then claiming I said it.

BB52Big.jpg

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, I don't care.

I never said Mayfield was the issue with the Panthers. What I said was the Panthers were a better team without him. I'm fine with having a discussion with you (pedantic as you can be) but you need to stop making :censored: up and then claiming I said it.

So I said Mayfield wasn't the problem. In response, you said that they were better without him.

You're seriously saying that I can't infer from that statement that you were implying that he was the problem?

Just now, throwuascenario said:

So I said Mayfield wasn't the problem. You said that they were better without him. You're seriously saying that I can't infer from that statement that you were saying that he was the problem?

Yes. I never said Mayfield was the problem, but feel free to infer that I think he was part of the bigger problem.

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

Mayfield played 5 games for the Rams, one of which he put up 50 points and one of which he erased a 13-point deficit with 3 minutes to go. If Sam Darnold had been able to do either of those even once (with an infinitely better roster around him), the Panthers would be in the playoffs.

The Panthers as a team got better at the end of the year due to the midseason coaching change. They literally got rid of the worst coach in NFL history.

Yyeeaahhh Urban Meyer says hi 👋🏾.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I'll say it again.. Urban Meyer was bad, but his downfall and subsequent firing was 99% based on ethics, not with Xs and Os. He was given a 1-15 team and went 2-11. 

Nathaniel Hackett inherited a 7-win team, a HOF QB and Top 10 defense. This guy ran the last minute of regulation down to attempt a 64-yard GW field goal 🥴 and his clock management skills were to terrible, they hired a coach to babysit him. Fans even started counting the play clock to help 🥴🥴 . Two things we've never seen before on this level! Add to that a 4-11 record. 15 PPG. Put him on the 2021 Jags and they win 0 games.

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png

50 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I'll say it again.. Urban Meyer was bad, but his downfall and subsequent firing was 99% based on ethics, not with Xs and Os. He was given a 1-15 team and went 2-11. 

Nathaniel Hackett inherited a 7-win team, a HOF QB and Top 10 defense. This guy ran the last minute of regulation down to attempt a 64-yard GW field goal 🥴 and his clock management skills were to terrible, they hired a coach to babysit him. Fans even started counting the play clock to help 🥴🥴 . Two things we've never seen before on this level! Add to that a 4-11 record. 15 PPG. Put him on the 2021 Jags and they win 0 games.

Hackett is the fastest I've ever wanted a coach gone. The strategery based on a 64-yard field goal was enough for me. I think the play clock chant was from the same game where they had to waste a timeout because they forgot to send out a punt returner. Still in that same game they were sitting around deciding whether to kick a field goal or go for it, and took so long that they got a delay and couldn't effectively do either so they just punted.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So does Brady go 8-0 against the Dallas Cowboys?

I don't think so. Tampa has too many red flags that get overshadowed by the Brady mystique. They've been playing with fire with sleepwalking until the 4th quarter. They got away with it vs the Saints and Cardinals. Dallas, say what you want about them, but they're better than those teams

• Like 2

IDK, Dallas has struggled against some pretty bad teams. 

They just got their asses kicked by Washington & had a very close game against the Texans. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Dallas comes out flat & Brady does the voodoo he does so well and the Bucs pull off an upset. 

• Like 2

This is the Cowboys, remember. They've become masters at being playoff disappointments, letting the fans down no matter what they've done in the regular season since the mid-90's. Hell, just last year they got manhandled by the Niners until the 4th quarter. This year they got :censored:canned by the Commies and somehow had a deeply competitive game against the Tank of Tanks that they share a state with.

I'm absolutely expecting them to fail to do anything in the playoffs until they prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Yes. I never said Mayfield was the problem, but feel free to infer that I think he was part of the bigger problem.

Okay, I understand. I do disagree that he was even part of the problem. The problem has plagued the Panthers since the year Mayfield got drafted, and that's their owner.

7 hours ago, tBBP said:

At least Jacksonville had the common sense to can him after one season. Every single player that Rhule coached played better before and after he was their coach. Not one player came to the Panthers and improved and every single player played much better either after leaving or after he got fired.

All that to say, Meyer was worse but if I had to choose between 1 season of Meyer or 2.5 of Rhule, I'll take Meyer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

All that to say, Meyer was worse but if I had to choose between 1 season of Meyer or 2.5 of Rhule, I'll take Meyer.

I'd agree with that. The worst you can do in the NFL is be stuck with an underperforming coach for several years. Not every coach gets to the playoffs, but sticking with a guy who will never get there can set a franchise back a decade.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

IDK, Dallas has struggled against some pretty bad teams. 

They just got their asses kicked by Washington & had a very close game against the Texans. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Dallas comes out flat & Brady does the voodoo he does so well and the Bucs pull off an upset. 

You know who's also struggled against bad teams? Tampa.

Got their asses kicked by SF, had an extremely close game vs Arizona, lost to Cleveland

Tampa has come out flat way too many times this season. You can only rely on so many 4th quarter comebacks.

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Okay, I understand. I do disagree that he was even part of the problem. The problem has plagued the Panthers since the year Mayfield got drafted, and that's their owner.

None of that makes Baker Mayfield a good NFL quarterback.  I watched the guy up close for four years. He shows just enough promise to make you think there's a chance he might be good, but he's not good and he's proven that he's not good with three different teams now. I don't know what else to tell you.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg