2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

12 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The last two plays that mattered in Giants-Commanders were the refs taking a TD off the board because a guy was a step off the line and then refusing to throw a PI flag when a guy got absolutely mugged... both against the Commies. 

I had no dog in the fight, but that was terrible.

And I don't know his name, but the head referee for tonight seems like he's always doing dumb stuff during NFL games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The last two plays that mattered in Giants-Commanders were the refs taking a TD off the board because a guy was a step off the line and then refusing to throw a PI flag when a guy got absolutely mugged... both against the Commies. 

Today was the first time I basically watched an entire NFL Sunday exclusively on Red Zone. I came away with two conclusions.

1. NFL Red Zone is awesome.

2.NFL officiating is :censored:-ing awful. Like way worse than I even thought it was and I thought it was pretty bad going in. The inconsistency is remarkable. It isn't like MLB umps having different strike zones that you can work around. It's like trying to figure out how to play in a league where officials have their own personal rule books. It's ridiculous.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

That was only the second time I've watched old Tom Brady this season, but dude finally looks old. 

Putting on football pads and running around at 45? So childish. Grow up and go home to your family, ya freak. Also please eat something with fat in it. Some fat is good fat. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Washington WR Terry McLaurin said in a postgame interview that he asked the ref numerous times if he was good where he was lined up at and the ref even told him to move up. Then the flag happened.

That's two games where the refs egregiously took points off the board this weekend.

How is anyone supposed to have any confidence in this league? And what kind of bets are the refs making?

• Applause 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Make the extra point earlier, or don’t get the penalty on the two point conversion beforehand, and the entire final drive changes where they can kick a field goal to tie or win. 

Bad calls happen, but there’s so many scoring opportunities over the game that it all evens out with the more deserving team winning. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

It's a shame the Lions were on preseason Hard Knicks and the Cardinals on the in-season series.

How fun would it be to watch a Hard Knicks of the Lions right now?

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Make the extra point earlier, or don’t get the penalty on the two point conversion beforehand, and the entire final drive changes where they can kick a field goal to tie or win. 

Bad calls happen, but there’s so many scoring opportunities over the game that it all evens out with the more deserving team winning. 

Could not disagree any more.  Even if you said 2+2=5, I still could not disagree more.

The goal is to beat the other team, not to account for referees that either purposely hose you, or are simply incompetent.  The goalposts can't move (pardon the pun).  Saying "you should have been up by 3 in order to win y 1" doesn't make any sense.

How should a coach call plays?  "Well, we're going to need to pad ourselves in case a crooked ref or crooked league takes a few TDs off the board, so let's take risks even though it's a close game"?  Missed XPs happen - but if you still play well enough to outscore the other team, then you should win.

*I didn't see any games this weekend or the past 3, but saw the highlights of the McLaurin thing this morning and heard his interview, and man - that's rough.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Could not disagree any more.  Even if you said 2+2=5, I still could not disagree more.

The goal is to beat the other team, not to account for referees that either purposely hose you, or are simply incompetent.  The goalposts can't move (pardon the pun).  Saying "you should have been up by 3 in order to win y 1" doesn't make any sense.

How should a coach call plays?  "Well, we're going to need to pad ourselves in case a crooked ref or crooked league takes a few TDs off the board, so let's take risks even though it's a close game"?  Missed XPs happen - but if you still play well enough to outscore the other team, then you should win.

*I didn't see any games this weekend or the past 3, but saw the highlights of the McLaurin thing this morning and heard his interview, and man - that's rough.

They should call plays to score more points than the other team. Even if officiating derails one drive (which typically happens for both teams at different points in the game), you only have yourselves to blame for not scoring on all the other ones. 

• Dislike 4
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Benny Hill theme fits just right.

Can't wait for the Tree videos.

Speaking of Tree:

His quote in the comments:

It wasn't my story to tell. Much better to extract the pain from someone who's been marinating in it.

My favorite Tree moment was when this happened:

38 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

They should call plays to score more points than the other team. Even if officiating derails one drive (which typically happens for both teams at different points in the game), you only have yourselves to blame for not scoring on all the other ones. 

No. Not at all. Sometimes two teams are evenly matched. The margin of victory shouldn't include accounting for referee incompetence. That's absurd.

If that's the case, games shouldn't be on betting boards. And, honestly, given the end of the Giants/Commanders game, the only possible explanations are gross incompetence or refs on the take. I'm not sure which is worse.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Yeah, and Matt Ryan should just win games.

...and Derrick Henry should just bulldoze for a TD every play.

...and Derek carr should throw 50 TDs to Davante Adams.

'cuz it's just that simple. Doh.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No. Not at all. Sometimes two teams are evenly matched. The margin of victory shouldn't include accounting for referee incompetence. That's absurd.

The margin of victory wasn’t refereeing incompetence though. The Commanders left points on the field on earlier drives that could have won them the game (and turned the ball over twice). That’s the difference. 

Giants fans also had several gripes with the officiating (because the job is insanely difficult and the human error is distributed equally). So if they called the game perfectly from start to finish there’s a chance it’s actually worse for the Manders. 

Games are decided by a myriad of coaching decisions and players making plays throughout the game, with wild cards like luck, momentum and what not there as well. 

I just think removing agency from all the plays there weren’t penalties and focusing on the six that did is pretty ludicrous, the scope of the game is much more than that. 

And yes, if you want to win score more points. 

• Facepalm 2

One can't very well score more points if errant/inane officiating takes those points off—and that's kinda the whole point, especially with the McLaughlin thing (which I watched that game and saw it live...yeah, dude had a point there).

All that to the side, though: I really feel like eventually the NFL is gonna endure its own Tim Donaghy/NBA corrupt officiating scandal/exposé before long...this mess is just way too obvious at this point. The only question is which official is gonna blow the whistle first...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

The margin of victory wasn’t refereeing incompetence though. The Commanders left points on the field on earlier drives that could have won them the game (and turned the ball over twice). That’s the difference. 

Giants fans also had several gripes with the officiating (because the job is insanely difficult and the human error is distributed equally). So if they called the game perfectly from start to finish there’s a chance it’s actually worse for the Manders. 

Games are decided by a myriad of coaching decisions and players making plays throughout the game, with wild cards like luck, momentum and what not there as well. 

I just think removing agency from all the plays there weren’t penalties and focusing on the six that did is pretty ludicrous, the scope of the game is much more than that. 

And yes, if you want to win score more points. 

Why do you think the game has officials?