2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The "total" value of the deal Jackson turned down was also $250M, so the "only" difference is the $17M guarantee.  I'm not weeping for him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34566275/sources-believe-lamar-jackson-turned-baltimore-ravens-contract-offer-worth-250-million

Fair enough. Those are details I didn't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seattle had a 3rd and 6 and the refs called a phantom false start on the Hawks after Frank Clark ran in in a clear offsides.

Hawks then use a timeout to figure out a 3rd and 11 deep in their own territory, which is then followed by a big KC sack and what looks like a potential Geno injury.

Anyway, NFL refs continue to suck and obvious terrible calls -- like false starts that aren't -- should be reviewable from a different crew.

• Like 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

One thing I feel...these Bears are showing encouraging signs in spite of their record.  Unlike a lot of seasons where the losses boiled down to flat out sucking, this year feels like simply necessary growing pains.  That said, yeah they're not beating Buffalo today.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bills punted the ball to the Chicago 11, the ball appeared to be stopped...but it kept on rolling in the wind.

However, the ref whistled the ball down at its initial stop before anyone touched it and didn't allowed the continued rolling deeper into Chicago territory.

Either fire the refs or hire them full-time.

55 minutes ago, Discrim said:

One thing I feel...these Bears are showing encouraging signs in spite of their record.  Unlike a lot of seasons where the losses boiled down to flat out sucking, this year feels like simply necessary growing pains.  That said, yeah they're not beating Buffalo today.

Justin Fields play puts them in line for either Will Anderson or Jalen Carter at #2.

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Wasn't Carolina supposed to be terrible after they fired Matt Rhule?

Matt Rhule was the problem. This team has a ton of talent, it just wasn't being used properly. We're a quality QB (and a decent OC) away from being a serious threat, in my opinion.

Anyway, the world is a better place when the Panthers are winning the NFC South. A sub-.500 Panthers and Jaguars winning their divisions would be the best.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

That was one helluva game. One of the better Cowboys-Eagles games we’ve had in recent memory (and we’ve had a few).

I have some thoughts:

- The Cowboys D is gassed. They look exhausted. They’re making mistakes that they simply didn’t make early on in the season. If I were Dallas, I’d start resting players next week (by putting them on a snap count). They need the all-world defense they’ve had most of the season to have any hope of making a deep playoff run this year.

- The Eagles OC might be the best in the league. Easily scheming players open, always looks like the Eagles are one step ahead offensively. The system is a well-oiled machine designed to make things easy on the QB (which is the mark of a great OC and play caller IMO). They were still able to move the ball basically at will even with a backup. I came away very impressed.

- If anything this kind of both hurt Jalen’s MVP campaign a bit but also showed how valuable he is. I know how that sounds, but hear me out. Gardner is every bit as good of a passer as Jalen is (he was making/attempting throws that Jalen simply doesn’t make or even try), but where you see the clear difference is in the running game. Eagles couldn’t really run the ball at all with any consistency because the Cowboys didn’t fear Minshew’s ability to run at all, so the RPO’s weren’t as effective as they normally are. They were able to crash down on the RB every time with basically no second thoughts. Can’t do that when Hurts is the QB.

- When Dak plays like he did today, this Cowboys offense is difficult to stop. After that first awful INT, he was outstanding. Cowboys need that version of Dak to make a deep playoff run. 

All in all, I fully expect these two teams to play again in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC