2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, the admiral said:
On 12/24/2022 at 11:35 PM, DoctorWhom said:

Is Tomlin really going to BS his way to a 9-8 record with this Steelers squad? 

He's an all-time great coach, so yeah, probably.

The people who hate on Tomlin baffle me. All the guy has done is get to two Super Bowls, win one, win seven division titles,  and field a competitive team every season he's been in Pittsburgh. Show me any fan base outside of New England who wouldn't have taken that deal back in 2007. Hell, this year's Steelers team has no business being in the playoff picture, but here they are. Again.

Mike Tomlin is a Hall of Fame coach. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

• Like 9

BB52Big.jpg

When your players play hard for you, the floor is higher than when they don't, and he's always been good at using the people he has rather than trying to force a system. Add in ol' grey-dick at quarterback for all those years and it's a guaranteed 7 wins per season. 

People are getting weird about Aaron Rodgers too and trying to say he was never that good anyway. I guess it was those fearsome, tenacious defenses that the Packers are so legendary for that had them winning the division like every year.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, LMU said:

RIP to the most incompetent HC in league history. The writing was on the wall after Week 1, when Hackett refused to let Russ cook in the final minute so he could run his kicker out for a chip shot 64-yard game winning field goal. 🥴🥴

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Tua is in concussion protocol... again. For the 3rd time this season. The troubling part was that the Dolphins staff was struggling to identify the play it happened, though it looks like twitter users have found it (got hit from behind late in the 2nd quarter, and his head slammed backwards against the grass). 

Someone needs to seriously talk to Tua about continuing to play this game. He's had far too many for such a young player, and the more concussions you receive the more susceptible you are to more. It's a compounding issue. 

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Someone needs to seriously talk to Tua about continuing to play this game. He's had far too many for such a young player, and the more concussions you receive the more susceptible you are to more. It's a compounding issue. 

Maybe, but, at the end of the day Tua has to make the decision that’s best for him and whoever else he holds dear.

And as much as retreating from the game may be the wise decision, where else is he going to get paid millions of dollars?

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The Broncos are averaging 15 points per game - their lowest average since 1971. What more evidence do you need?

How many games did Hue Jackson win for the Browns?

Yeah Hackett sucked and was clearly only hired to lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver, but there have been far worse head coaches than him. 

Just now, infrared41 said:

Prove it.

like I said, look at Hue Jackson's record. 

Hackett still won more games in a season than Hue did in 2. 

You could put Urban Meyer up there too. Worse record than Hackett, and was also a piece of :censored: the team clearly hated. 

I wouldn't say Hackett is worse than those 2. He was bad, but not that bad. 

• Yawn 1

1 minute ago, DoctorWhom said:

like I said, look at Hue Jackson's record. 

Hackett still won more games in a season than Hue did in 2. 

You could put Urban Meyer up there too. Worse record than Hackett, and was also a piece of :censored: the team clearly hated. 

I wouldn't say Hackett is worse than those 2. He was bad, but not that bad. 

Hue Jackson also went 8-8 with the Raiders.

If players not liking you make you a bad coach, Bill Bellichick would be some guy we've never heard of. Chuck Noll too. The NFL is filled with "pieces of :censored:" and most of them are pretty good at their jobs. 

Hackett took a team that a lot of people said was a Super Bowl contender and drove it into the ground. No one expected Hue Jackson or Urban Meyer to make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, Urban Meyer is probably the worst NFL coach of all time.

Hackett will probably be a coordinator again someday. Meyer will never be in the NFL ever again; everyone knows better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Hackett will probably be a coordinator again someday. Meyer will never be in the NFL ever again; everyone knows better.

One would think, but this is the NFL we're talking about.

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

How many games did Hue Jackson win for the Browns?

Yeah Hackett sucked and was clearly only hired to lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver, but there have been far worse head coaches than him. 

Apples to oranges. Hue Jackson was given the keys to worst team of the 2000s with no chance to succeed. Hackett was given a HOF quarterback, an offense with huge potential and a Top 10 defense. 

And absolutely YES. There is 0% Hackett gets the Broncos job if Rodgers wasn't available-ish last offseason.

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Is he really though? 

When you have guys like Freddie Kitchens & Hue Jackson?

Did either of those two have fans count down the play clock because they were incapable of tracking it themselves?

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Urban Meyer lost his job because of scandal and ethics, not because of coaching ability. He would've gotten a second season if he wasn't such a piece of sh|t human -- So what I'm basically stating is Meyer was a less-awful coach than Hackett.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think people are giving enough  credit to Russell Wilson falling off a cliff. The Broncos being good was based on them having a decent QB. 

Even with a Better coach, the Broncos wouldn't be that much better with this Russell Wilson that's playing. 

As bad as he was, it's not all on Hackett. 

I just can't understand how anyone can believe he's "The worst head coach ever" when you have guys like Urban Meyer, Hue Jackson, Freddie Kitchens, Adam Gase, Jeff Saturday is working his way up there, throw in Matt Patricia & Josh McDaniels as well. 

Hackett was bad, but worst ever? Not really.