2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Just now, WJMorris3 said:

Horrible, horrible loss for the Eagles. If I'm Lurie, I fire Sirianni immediately after this game. It's clear he just doesn't have it.

Why stop there?  Lurie should sell the team, or just give it away.  It's really the only way to salvage the season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What the F.  THAT IS A PERSONAL FOUL????  It wasn't even a HIT!!!  HE WAS TOUCHED DOWN and Heinecke rolled down to sell it.  My GODS these referees should be fired.  It's freaking absurd that they called (or missed) some of the calls they did.  

• LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, WJMorris3 said:

Do you really think if they go 19-1, Eagles fans can call this season a success?

How could you call it a success?  I mean, a Super Bowl is cool and all, but this game ruins the season no matter what happens the rest of the way.  Super Bowl win, big parade, whatever.  Bad referee calls in week 10 is ALL I'll remember from this season.

Just now, BBTV said:

How could you call it a success?  I mean, a Super Bowl is cool and all, but this game ruins the season no matter what happens the rest of the way.  Super Bowl win, big parade, whatever.  Bad referee calls in week 10 is ALL I'll remember from this season.

You assume there'll be a parade. Nobody remembers the teams that don't go perfect.

LvZYtbZ.png

1 minute ago, WJMorris3 said:

You assume there'll be a parade. Nobody remembers the teams that don't go perfect.

That's a fair point that I hadn't considered.  They only reason the 2017 team got a parade was because it was their first one.  Now it's just like... "whatever".  Oh, you went 19-1?  That's cute.  They should gather at the art museum and get pats on the head, and a participation trophy instead of the Lombardi trophy.

I don't think I have seen one Hail Mary play in the NFL this season, while I have seen a bunch of them in college football.  Instead it's that stupid, stupid lateral play to end an NFL game.  So I take it analytics is the reason for the extinction of the Hail Mary play in the NFL?

• Like 2

Schtick aside, that was the worst officiated game I’ve seen since the Steelers beat the seahawks. The better team tonight won, but should not have. The facemask fumble (that can’t be overturned?) Ending the game on a weak AF roughing the passer penalty where he was tapped?  Without hyperbole, the Eagles should have won by double digits despite Washington playing very hard and having a great game plan. 

it’s actually a shame for Washington because they played very well, very hard, and we’re well coached, but the referees overshadowed anything they did. 

• Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I don't think I have seen one Hail Mary play in the NFL this season, while I have seen a bunch of them in college football.  Instead it's that stupid, stupid lateral play to end an NFL game.  So I take it analytics is the reason for the extinction of the Hail Mary play in the NFL?

You were calling for Hurts to fling a 90 yard hail mary pass? Gotcha.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

Nice to see the Eagles get their first, well deserved loss.  

Philly got outplayed, plain & simple. Commies had possession for nearly 70% of the game and the Iggles  made far too many mistakes. 

Washington played smart and leaned on their run game to win, though Heinicke played pretty damn well. 

They've become a really sneaky good team these past few weeks. Probably not "playoff good" but certainly a team you can't overlook. 

Rivera definitely has them playing way over their heads. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sport said:

So why can't we review if a facemask penalty was missed? 

really, when they were reviewing that do you think the replay guys were like “uh oh”? I get that if it’s not reviewable then it’s not changeable, but it’s absurd that it’s not reviewable. We have the technology to get these things right, so let’s get them right. I’m very glad I’m not a gambler. 

And there should be a difference between “not challengeable” vs “not reviewable”. Turnovers / scores aren’t challengeable, but they’re automatically reviewed. So they should be able to catch and overturn stuff like that. 

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

really, when they were reviewing that do you think the replay guys were like “uh oh”? I get that if it’s not reviewable then it’s not changeable, but it’s absurd that it’s not reviewable. We have the technology to get these things right, so let’s get them right. I’m very glad I’m not a gambler. 

And there should be a difference between “not challengeable” vs “not reviewable”. Turnovers / scores aren’t challengeable, but they’re automatically reviewed. So they should be able to catch and overturn stuff like that. 

Totally agree. They must see stuff on review and say 'we blew that one' all the time*, but because it's non-reveiwable then they have to get back on the mic and sell it like it's the correct call. If you can use the review to check whether a blade of grass separates a guy's foot from out of bounds then you can review whether a guy used a facemask to tackle someone. Shouldn't be this complicated. 

*this wasn't the NFL, but the refs who did a hideously bad job in the Alabama-Texas game this season watched this play over again when reviewing whether to eject a dude for targeting and went "GULP we f****ed up that's not close to roughing the passer.", which would've given Alabama a first down. That was such a bad call they decided they couldn't give Alabama a first down even though by rule they shouldn't have been allowed to pick up the flag for the roughing the passer call. To get around that they made up some excuse that the penalty was initially described incorrectly to the head official. Also it was probably a safety, but they couldn't review that so they got the call wrong 3 ways and then half "fixed" it by lying about the initial penalty. 

Every year at least five plays happen in the NFL with some rule I've never heard of and then the refs are like "That's an illegal handoff, which can't be reviewed if the play occurred on second or third down with less than a minute left in the first half" and everyone is like WHY IS THAT EVEN A RULE? I can't wait for the next one. I hope it doesn't happen against my team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png