2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Cleveland

In which all four will say that they know a guy who deserves another chance, which will further lead to the NFL being accused of nepotism and always hiring recycled head coaches who have failed elsewhere, despite the recent trend of new head coaching hires.  

Just now, GDAWG said:

In which all four will say that they know a guy who deserves another chance, which will further lead to the NFL being accused of nepotism and always hiring recycled head coaches who have failed elsewhere, despite the recent trend of new head coaching hires.  

Pretty much

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Washington's best offense is a roughing the kicker penalty.  

LOLOLOL it worked out better for the Eagles!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:
8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So which NFL team will call on the former GM quartet of Ron Wolf, Bill Polian, Ernie Acorsi and Charlie Casserly during the Coaching/GM cycle in January?

Cleveland

And they'll hire all four of them.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The vote of confidence. It's right up there with "we're still mathematically alive" and "I think we should see other people." They're all just a nice way of saying it's over. I were Josh McDaniels, I wouldn't be making any plans past next week with the Raiders.

BB52Big.jpg

17 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

Washington 30 minutes away from making this a failed season for the Eagles. They're pretty much 20-0 or bust.

Completely disagree.  They legitimately don't care about 20-0.

Rumblings are that they're sick of the undefeated talk so their plan was to throw the game to the Commanders, but not look like they're throwing it.  Intentionally play like they're out of sync, then blame it on having 3 games in 29 days.  So in a way, the Eagles are accomplishing their goal and are actually winning.  It's really brilliant when you think about it, and yet another reason - besides smashing the Vikings - that the Eagles are the best team in the NFC, and the presumptive Super Bowl champions.

EDIT: even though they're very deep, they haven't figured out a way to replace Jordan Davis, which is disappointing.  Still, they're basically 9-0 either way.

• LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

Is that a bit or is that just the biggest cope I've seen outside of Reddit circa 2016? 

That sack actually validated my point.  If they give up the TD, it's clear that they're throwing it, so they decided to play for real and get a sack so that it's just a field goal and most people who aren't "in the know" would be like "OK, they're still trying."  You're all buying into it.  Now, the monkey is off their back and they can play with fewer distractions the rest of the way.  If Nick Siriani isn't coach of the year then it's a travesty.

• Yawn 3

And of course, a phantom personal foul for an out-of-bounds hit when the guy was clearly in bounds gives the Commanders new life.  I'm not sure if horrendous PF calls are part of the plan, but that one was just absurd.

How the F do you miss a flagrant facemask that directly lead to a fumble - he was literally tackled by his facemask and it's a game changing call.  That's an absolute disgrace by the referees - that might be the worst missed call I've seen in years.  The referees should be ashamed of themselves.  That's a season-changing play and it's 100% a tackle by facemask - and it's blatant.  Like... the facemask was the only part of his body that he was tackled by.  NFL officiating is a complete and total disgrace.

EDIT: that's seriously one of the most egregious calls I've ever seen in my history of watching football.  If/when Washington wins this game, it's completely tainted.

THIS is a legal turnover in favor of washington.  Seriously, F NFL officiating.  Normal people would be fired from their jobs.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

THIS is a legal turnover in favor of washington.  Seriously, F NFL officiating.  Normal people would be fired from their jobs.

This is one of the most BS things I've seen even by the low-standards of NFL officials, but it actually plays into the Eagles hands by delivering them their first loss and relieving them of the pressure of being undefeated.  They already know they can beat Minnesota, so as long as they can secure that game at home, they good.  Thank you referees for unintentionally helping with the plan.

• Yawn 1