2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not as long as Tood Downing is still calling the offense. Reference last year's #1 overall AFC seed Snatit's dismal offensive showing in their first--and last--playoff game versus Cincinnati...and how not a dang thang has changed in that man's offensive scheming.

Yeah, they beat the Packers this time (and, it should be noted, their former OC-turned-GB HC)...never forget though, that this is the Snatit we're talking about here. There's a reason I've been calling them that the past three or four years...

We'll see how long Downing is around. He might get scapegoated after his DUI shines light on the team likely having alcohol on the plane and/or bus.

It's where I sit.

26 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

We'll see how long Downing is around. He might get scapegoated after his DUI shines light on the team likely having alcohol on the plane and/or bus.

Time out...what??? :blink:

*checks NFL newswire*

Ohhhhh....

Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing was arrested early Friday morning for driving under the influence, the Tennessee Highway Patrol confirmed to NFL.com.

Downing was booked into the Williamson County (Tenn.) Jail and later posted bond.

The Tennessee Highway Patrol said Downing was observed on I-65 at around 2:30 a.m. local time driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed. A THP trooper conducted a traffic stop with Downing and observed signs of impairment and the smell of an intoxicant coming from inside his vehicle. Downing was then placed under arrest.

"We are aware of the reports regarding Todd Downing and are in the process of gathering additional information," the Titans said in a statement.

Well well well...

... And from having lived there five years lemme tell ya: them Williamson County po-pos do NOT be playing, especially at that hour.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And in other NFL litigative news...

The Denver Broncos have dealt with a shocking amount of injuries this season, and one player is taking legal action against the league for his situation. According to The Athletic, linebacker Aaron Patrick has filed a lawsuit again the NFL, the Los Angeles Rams, the Los Angeles Chargers, SoFi Stadium, ESPN and other entities after he tore his ACL during the Broncos' Week 6 matchup against the Chargers.

Patrick alleges that negligence created a "dangerous" sideline condition that contributed to his injury. Per The Athletic, the suit seeks unspecified damages, as well as lost wages and relief from "pain and suffering and emotional distress." 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is it a league rule that the team can't have alcohol on the plane?  This guy is an idiot for getting hammered then driving rather than taking a cab or uber, but is the team really going to get in trouble if there wasn't any shenanigans on the flight other than guys having some drinks?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is it a league rule that the team can't have alcohol on the plane?  This guy is an idiot for getting hammered then driving rather than taking a cab or uber, but is the team really going to get in trouble if there wasn't any shenanigans on the flight other than guys having some drinks?

Yes, it is. I'm not saying anyone follows it, but in the aftermath of Britt Reid this is big. Washington self reported because Taylor Heinecke had beer cans in his hands in social media posts this week.

In order for Downing to have reached his BAC levels, he likely had to be drinking on the team plane.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

47 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yes, it is. I'm not saying anyone follows it, but in the aftermath of Britt Reid this is big. Washington self reported because Taylor Heinecke had beer cans in his hands in social media posts this week.

In order for Downing to have reached his BAC levels, he likely had to be drinking on the team plane.

Got it - just read about the Washington thing and it mentioned that rule.  Never knew that.  Speaking of  Reid, just saw that he was sentenced a few weeks ago and could possibly be paroled in less than a year.  Disgusting.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've lived through lake effect snow dumps and it's no joke. 4, 5 and more feet of snow happens overnight, and there's no amount of salt trucks and snow plows that can make that passable, let alone in service of a football game.

Sucks the Bills lose a home game, but safety comes first.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

51 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've lived through lake effect snow dumps and it's no joke. 4, 5 and more feet of snow happens overnight, and there's no amount of salt trucks and snow plows that can make that passable, let alone in service of a football game.

Sucks the Bills lose a home game, but safety comes first.

And as one who's been buried under a few of those--in upstate New York--I definitely agree. Also...I'm glad I got the chance to go see the Ralph when I did (two weeks ago)! One day I'll get there for a game, just to partake in the tailgating...

• Like 3

One nice thing about the guy who posts the 506 maps is that whenever I try to visit the site on Sundays it's down due to traffic.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags