Random logo and uniform things

On 7/13/2022 at 11:21 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I didn't see a "catch all" thread for this, so here it is.

Weird numbering on a Zambia handball goalie.

spacer.png

Hoping to see that at TJ Maxx soon.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...

While reading the comments to a recent JaguarGator9 video the other day, I came across a really dumb objection to something I've never heard anyone have a problem with: an apparent fellow Sconnie thinks no one should call the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Bucs.  Because they might get confused for the Milwaukee Bucks.  😑 I wish I was making this up.

Never mind that the topic was an official's actions before and during a Packers-Bucs game, making it rather obvious the Tampa Bay football team was meant, rather than the Milwaukee basketballers.  Never mind that sane people understand that "Buccaneers" is a mouthful, and so find "Bucs" an accepted shorthand...convenient enough that I'd guess "Bucs" is spoken by announcers in every game they've ever played way more often than "Buccaneers".  Oh well, dude can have fun with his dumb reasoning.

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20 minutes ago, Discrim said:

While reading the comments to a recent JaguarGator9 video the other day, I came across a really dumb objection to something I've never heard anyone have a problem with: an apparent fellow Sconnie thinks no one should call the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Bucs.  Because they might get confused for the Milwaukee Bucks.  😑 I wish I was making this up.

Never mind that the topic was an official's actions before and during a Packers-Bucs game, making it rather obvious the Tampa Bay football team was meant, rather than the Milwaukee basketballers.  Never mind that sane people understand that "Buccaneers" is a mouthful, and so find "Bucs" an accepted shorthand...convenient enough that I'd guess "Bucs" is spoken by announcers in every game they've ever played way more often than "Buccaneers".  Oh well, dude can have fun with his dumb reasoning.

The Tampa Bay Football Bucs

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

• 4 weeks later...

The middle fabric in front on certain Nike NBA shorts is unnecessary. I don't get why they're needed. It's as nonsense as forcing the Detroit Pistons to use curved NOBs.

mens-nike-white-toronto-raptors-hardwood

ff_3840936-03476f83eeb3a795c1f8alt1_full

232651_Main_0881370.jpg

mens-nike-green-dallas-mavericks-hardwoo

But then again, it's the same company that made Raptors and Heat jerseys look like this (peep the under armpit):

new-york-knicks-center-patrick-ewing-sho

dec-2000-vince-carter-of-the-toronto-rap

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Discrim said:

Hockey teams either being the Ice or having Ice in their name is weird...you don't see basketball teams calling themselves the Hardwood.

True, but... a basketball team named "the Court" with some kind of royalty theme wouldn't be the weirdest nickname the NBA ever had...

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, sitboaf said:

True, but... a basketball team named "the Court" with some kind of royalty theme wouldn't be the weirdest nickname the NBA ever had...

This just reminds me of teams naming their courts "The Palace" or "The Forum"...

That and Indy's minor league hockey team was named the Ice...very creative and groundbreaking.

• LOL 2

rAUPGPZ.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...