Random logo and uniform things

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 7:48 PM, Discrim said:

While reading the comments to a recent JaguarGator9 video the other day, I came across a really dumb objection to something I've never heard anyone have a problem with: an apparent fellow Sconnie thinks no one should call the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Bucs.  Because they might get confused for the Milwaukee Bucks.  😑 I wish I was making this up.

Never mind that the topic was an official's actions before and during a Packers-Bucs game, making it rather obvious the Tampa Bay football team was meant, rather than the Milwaukee basketballers.  Never mind that sane people understand that "Buccaneers" is a mouthful, and so find "Bucs" an accepted shorthand...convenient enough that I'd guess "Bucs" is spoken by announcers in every game they've ever played way more often than "Buccaneers".  Oh well, dude can have fun with his dumb reasoning.

You'd be surprised. I was watching a Bucks-Mavericks game at a bar upstate and had someone admit to me he was confused why the Mavericks were playing a college team.

Apparently he thought "Bucks" on the lower third was referring to Ohio State.  :facepalm:

Don't know where else to post this so I guess I will here: 

In the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Sabres wore both their regular home uniforms (the infamous Buffaslug), and their alternate throwbacks? Does anyone know why this was allowed to happen? spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, the Canucks started the playoffs that year in their regular home uniforms

spacer.png

but switched to throwbacks by the second round

spacer.png

Was the NHL's rule about one light and one dark jersey in the playoffs suspended that year? Why was this permitted in this season and this season only?

gzz762C.png

I was watching the Bandits vs Stars at Wembley. Strangely they put the Union jack on the back of his jersey for some reason. Everyone else wore it on the front left collar. One of the linemen actually wore his Wembley jersey at some time during the 1985 season as well. 

The USFL Uniform Database

The mockup has a Champion patch on the left sleeve, but some players also wore Speedline jerseys which had a patch on the right and left sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, mattwillcox said:

just saw this photo posted on twitter and was shocked to learn that the Colts wore silver pants at one point in the 80's. I had gone my whole life and never seen a photo of them

The Colts wore gray pants at home for 5 years, but I am not familiar with the pants in your pic.  The gray pants had a blue stripe and horseshoe logo/ numbers.

mike-pagel-of-the-baltimore-colts-circa-

18 hours ago, mattwillcox said:

just saw this photo posted on twitter and was shocked to learn that the Colts wore silver pants at one point in the 80's. I had gone my whole life and never seen a photo of them

spacer.png

I think that’s white dazzle fabric that just looks silver compared to the regular fabric of the stripe and socks

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think that’s white dazzle fabric that just looks silver compared to the regular fabric of the stripe and socks

now that I've looked closer at the uniform history this must be the case because of the pants stripe difference, but weird that the sock stripes even look like a different shade than the sanitaries

4 hours ago, dont care said:

If you look at the right leg, it looks like a white sock with another white sock pulled up over it, rather than the typical half-white over-the-calf socks that were standard issue back in the day (or possibly that they're two-pieces and the top half is thinner or being worn over blue tights?)  The left sock definitely looks gray, but I'm certain that it's just lighting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have searched this forum, but I could not find a definitive list of current fonts used by each NFL team.  I am looking for the fonts used on each jersey (names and numbers), not word marks and logos.  I realize that certain fonts are created and proprietary for specific franchises, but a good portion of teams still use a sand-knit or similar font for names.  Does anyone have a source for this?   Thank you!

2 hours ago, monkeywrench said:

I have searched this forum, but I could not find a definitive list of current fonts used by each NFL team.  I am looking for the fonts used on each jersey (names and numbers), not word marks and logos.  I realize that certain fonts are created and proprietary for specific franchises, but a good portion of teams still use a sand-knit or similar font for names.  Does anyone have a source for this?   Thank you!

They aren't shareable as they are proprietary. I'm pretty certain this discussion is found in one of the FAQs.

Sorry.

It's where I sit.

• 6 months later...
On 8/15/2023 at 6:11 AM, MJWalker45 said:

gzz762C.png

I was watching the Bandits vs Stars at Wembley. Strangely they put the Union jack on the back of his jersey for some reason. Everyone else wore it on the front left collar. One of the linemen actually wore his Wembley jersey at some time during the 1985 season as well. 

The USFL Uniform Database

The mockup has a Champion patch on the left sleeve, but some players also wore Speedline jerseys which had a patch on the right and left sleeves. 

Didn't linemen already have their jersey sleeves shorter than the ball carriers by that point?

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 10:49 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I believe I’ve pointed it out before, but on the previous WFT jersey, there was one particular cut that used the bottom stripe all the way around the sleeve, but stopped the top stripe at the seam

spacer.png

Man, I miss this uniform set.

• Like 1