MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

17 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Next in the lengthy list of reasons why the loose leash on uniformity in the sport is a bad things, some of the Marlins have stuck with the black socks with the Friday throwback alt.

Arizona Diamondbacks v Miami Marlins

Their teammates keeping the look up.

You’d think Stance would have made teal socks for the throwback. 

Speaking of which, Stance has been a pretty big disappointment in the MLB space. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is your annual reminder than only certain holidays should qualify for new merchandise (and those that do qualify shouldn’t give us designs with the flag splattered across the entire cap - a simple flag patch like 20 years ago will do), and Mother’s Day and Father’s Day shouldn’t fall in that category.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2023 at 10:31 AM, officeglenn said:

Couple of graphics from the mothership:

texas-rangers-2023-city-connect-uniform-

texas-rangers-city-connect-logos-tx-pant

Also worth noting that it's a very dark navy blue, not black.

This looks alright in a vacuum (although I'd ditch the navy pants), but it feels like they overdid it on the tributes. The casual fan doesn't have any interest in reading a paragraph long explanation for every element of the uniform. The focus should be on making a nice looking uniform & incorporating a couple local/historical references.

• Like 1

I really hate when the special event caps are so dramatically different than the normal game caps. Make the NY logo pink, but keep the Yankees cap navy. Hell, do what ever you want with the logo, but keep the base color the same. Even adding a pink or blue bill is fine. But wearing light gray caps is so disruptive.

I'd prefer they don't acknowledge Mother's Day or Father's Day at all, but if they must, just add a simple ribbon to the jerseys.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

How are we feeling about this?

Both buildings share the same name, but I don’t like the idea of commemorating a 100th anniversary for something that was put out of commission and demolished. I feel differently about remembering a player’s accomplishments. Stadiums are living and breathing things that have very definitive starting and ending times. Old Yankee Stadium didn’t make it to 100. This shouldn’t be a thing.

I never got to go to the original venue, but I recently went to the new ballpark. I love a lot of the modern inspirations and touches they used to refer to the original, but you can definitely tell it’s a modern facility.

Nice logo, though.

The most self-important club in MLB feels it can bend numbers to its will. If you're surprised, you haven't been paying attention. Next!

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 2

They never in anything I've ever seen explicitly state they're trying to pretend they're the same park.  But it was a very, very, very important year in the history of the club.  So, they celebrated it.  They did everything they could in building the new house to homage the old one, including the same name and address.  The post shows off the emulation, but they never actually say it's 100 years of their current facility.  One could say they're being weasel-y in their wording, but I've not seen anything phrased in a way that is not at least technically correct, the best kind of correct.

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They never in anything I've ever seen explicitly state they're trying to pretend they're the same park.  But it was a very, very, very important year in the history of the club.  So, they celebrated it.  They did everything they could in building the new house to homage the old one, including the same name and address.  The post shows off the emulation, but they never actually say it's 100 years of their current facility.  One could say they're being weasel-y in their wording, but I've not seen anything phrased in a way that is not at least technically correct, the best kind of correct.

It literally says "100th Anniversary Yankee Stadium".

• Like 1

1. It's 100 years since Yankee Stadium I opened.

2. It's 100 years that they've called 151st and River their "home".

3. It's 100 years that they've played in a ballpark named "Yankee Stadium".

Like I said, as far as I've seen words from official sources never seem to phrase it in a way that explicitly say their current building is 100 years old.  The celebration is of the anniversary of their move into their own ballpark and their standing on their legs as a franchise.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Like I said, as far as I've seen words from official sources never seem to phrase it in a way that explicitly say their current building is 100 years old.  The celebration is of the anniversary of their move into their own ballpark and their standing on their legs as a franchise.

161st and River*

Also they played 74-75 at Shea. 

• Like 3

Anubis.png

Just now, Anubis2051 said:

161st and River*

Also they played 74-75 at Shea. 

Dangit.  This is what I get for deciding to just go with it instead of making sure.  I always forget, but was sure I remembered it correctly.  At least it doesn't get me in trouble as much as that I keep forgetting if my home address is 137 or 147.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Should have gone with “100 Years of Yankee Stadium”

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Which it is, as the original Yankee Stadium opened in 1923.

When you marry two people with the same name, you don’t combine the years when you celebrate anniversaries. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

When you marry two people with the same name, you don’t combine the years when you celebrate anniversaries. 

Oy. It's the anniversary of an historic event.

Next year will be the 60th anniversary of the release of the Beatles' first album. And it will be celebrated as such. Absolutely no one thinks that the celebration of that anniversary implies that the Beatles are still together.

The year 1923 is the date of the opening of Yankee Stadium. That will be worth celebrating in 2023, in 2073, in 2123, and so forth — no matter what stadiums the Yankees are playing in at those times.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Oy. It's the anniversary of an historic event.

Next year will be the 60th anniversary of the release of the Beatles' first album. And it will be celebrated as such. Absolutely no one thinks that the celebration of that anniversary implies that the Beatles are still together.

The year 1923 is the date of the opening of Yankee Stadium. That will be worth celebrating in 2023, in 2073, in 2123, and so forth — no matter what stadiums the Yankees are playing in at those times.

Then they shouldn’t have put new Yankee Stadium in the graphic, if it’s only about an old Yankee Stadium event.

You don’t celebrate the anniversary of Beatles first album by showing every other album that came after it…if you did, you’d just be celebrating 60 years of Beatles’ music. 

When we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, not much attention was paid to the other five successful trips. All the focus was on  Apollo 11. 

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Then they shouldn’t have put new Yankee Stadium in the graphic, if it’s only about an old Yankee Stadium event.

So Paul and Ringo better not pose for any pictures in connection with the 60th anniversary of the Beatles' first album.  Egad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png