MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Unpopular opinion: The Rangers need to drop the whole powder blue faux retro thing altogether and bring back the red alt.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all. A lot of people don't like the Rangers' powder blues because of the weird script and unnecessary hat. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Biggest surprises to me:

- The biggest shock of all, I LOVE how this looks for the A's

If the A's were relocating to Portland instead of Vegas, light blue would be a nice addition to their green and gold:

1200px-Flag_of_Portland,_Oregon.svg.png

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Looking at the whole lineup of caps, some of these could work within the current team identities.

2023-mlb-baseball-fathers-day-caps-all-teams-sportslogosnet-new-era.jpg

- Twins could wear this with a powder blue uniform (which I assume their CC will be)

- Cardinals could wear that with their powder blue alternates

- Rays were already mentioned

- Rangers one looks better than the crappy cap they currently wear with the powder blues

- If the Jays wanted to make the secondary color of the powder alternates royal blue, this hat could work

spacer.png
Orioles bird looks like he's got those spice eyes from Dune

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

If the A's were relocating to Portland instead of Vegas, light blue would be a nice addition to their green and gold:

1200px-Flag_of_Portland,_Oregon.svg.png

I love this scheme so much and wish some team would take it on.

I pitched a logo in these colors to the Maine Celtics when they were considering the name "Beacons" before they landed on "Red Claws". They liked it but it didn't work out. It's too good to not be used.

• Like 3

Seems to me that the uni ads get the most attention on their launch.  If a team came out with a jersey ad without announcing the sponsorship, of course we might notice it, but I doubt others would care.  Definitely wouldn't get the same amount of attention as an announcement would.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

7 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

It seems the Marlins fathers' day cap is...just the regular Marlins logo. I understand why, but it's funny to me.

I almost wonder if that's why they added the random patch to the side of these caps. The Marlins cap needed to look different than their regular cap, so they added a patch, and of course had to add that onto all of them.

6 hours ago, projectjohn said:

The Tigers have added Meijer as their jersey patch sponsor.

Shame its at the point "Well at least that doesn't look too bad"

I have to hope the Phillies if/when they get one go with Giant or Wawa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BadSeed84 said:

Nothing we do or say is going to stop ads on the jerseys. I'll at least commend teams for making them as unobtrusive as possible (shoutout Tigers and Cardinals)

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

12 hours ago, NightmareinParis said:

Orioles bird looks like he's got those spice eyes from Dune

The spice must flayeoouo, hon

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

I almost wonder if that's why they added the random patch to the side of these caps. The Marlins cap needed to look different than their regular cap, so they added a patch, and of course had to add that onto all of them.

Side patches have been huge in the fitted hat collecting community for the last few years. This is just New Era and MLB trying to capitalize on that popularity and capture he fitted cap collectors and fans.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

2 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

I have to hope the Phillies if/when they get one go with Giant or Wawa.

Either or both would certainly be better than Bimbo...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||