MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you have any pictures of him pre-patch? Maybe this is what he has done, and he isn't a secret member of CCSLC

Here's some older pic of Rodon, right sleeve not folded

Carlos_Rodon_on_April_29,_2016.jpg

Rodon2_USA.jpg

Carlos-Rodon-2.jpg

• Applause 5

10 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Here's some older pic of Rodon, right sleeve not folded

Carlos_Rodon_on_April_29,_2016.jpg

Rodon2_USA.jpg

Carlos-Rodon-2.jpg

Thanks - now I wish I had been paying that close of attention while it was on last night.

It's where I sit.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:30 PM, Pigskin12 said:

I still can’t get over how boring these Twins road uniforms are. Looks like something you’d buy at Walmart.

That's my feeling about the entire set.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

On 7/19/2023 at 1:47 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

Not news, but the DBacks collar trim + sleeve (off the cuff) piping really bugs me for some reason 

spacer.png

The split "Z" bothers me more...and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the advert does.

• Like 2

Time for another episode of fashionably late takes on CCSLC with yours truly:

I knew it was the beginning of the end for the Yanks when they gave in to the holiday jerseys at the time when MLB had that going for everyone. That is all.

As far as the role of ads in MLB, I don't have too much to say. Shared a thought on that in regards to the NBA, but this is a different league, so I think it'll be more of the same, but it won't be as rampant as with the NBA.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 7/23/2023 at 4:50 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Agreed - if it was pure Busorama without any of the cartoon junk on top of it, it'd work much better.

Ever since the Big A stopped being the scoreboard, I've largely seen it as irrelevant to the brand. It's as relevant to the brand as the steamboat chimneys at GAPB, IMHO. My favorite cap logo of the Angels basically tells the Big A to piss off:

2261.png

Had Disney ownership moved the Big A back into the stadium, we'd be singing a different tune with its brand relevance. However, as long as it sits in the parking lot, it's irrelevant.

I'll disagree with the Big A being an irrelevant part of the Angels brand. Just because it isn't build into the actual stadium anymore doesn't mean it's irrelevant. It's a physical representation of the team's logo, which is extremely unique (I'm so glad Minnesota has the Minnie & Paul logo at Target Field, I wish more teams did stuff like this.). There's also the fact that the stadium has long been referred to as "The Big A" and the fact that it's become an iconic landmark in its current position. The visual language established over 50+ years indicates the Angels should stick with a logo resembling the Big A we've come to know. The current A logo is fantastic. Make the halo gold and remove the beveling if you must.

• Like 3

O's went with the home whites tonight instead of the typical orange alternates. Wonder if the nationally televised games played a factor.

Edit: well...they skipped it completely and went home whites for Sunday Night. Guess they're just having fun at this point with back-to-back games on Fox and ESPN. 

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Here's a question for the Blue Jays fans in the audience: any idea why they broke out the red jerseys and hats for a game on July 31? Is that combo part of their regular rotation now? IMO, they looked good.

3 hours ago, M59 said:

Here's a question for the Blue Jays fans in the audience: any idea why they broke out the red jerseys and hats for a game on July 31? Is that combo part of their regular rotation now? IMO, they looked good.

I am curious as well. Also, red, white, blue, gray, and powder blue doesn’t add up to 4+1CC. Am I missing something?

KISSwall09.jpg

1 minute ago, hormone said:

I am curious as well. Also, red, white, blue, gray, and powder blue doesn’t add up to 4+1CC. Am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure the 4+1 rule is for uniforms that get the full merchandise treatment, with authentic retails, and shirts, and whatnot. Anything extra like the Canada Day jerseys can still be worn, they just won't get the full retail treatment.

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 hours ago, hormone said:

I mean the Phillies still have white, grey, cream, powder blue and red. I think teams get exceptions for anything that is considered a non-regular rotation uniform (like a throwback, or in the case of the Blue Jays, the Canada Day uniform), but that doesn't add up for Philadelphia because they wear the powder blue every Thursday home game. 

Annoying b/c Atlanta had to drop their cream jersey AND the City Connect was apparently b/c they were informed by MLB about this new four shirt rule, so they wanted to use the CC uniform as an opportunity to preserve a permanent chance at showcasing the overall look of the Hank Aaron-era uniforms. 

Yet Philly is trotting out five total uniforms regularly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I mean the Phillies still have white, grey, cream, powder blue and red. I think teams get exceptions for anything that is considered a non-regular rotation uniform (like a throwback, or in the case of the Blue Jays, the Canada Day uniform), but that doesn't add up for Philadelphia because they wear the powder blue every Thursday home game. 

Annoying b/c Atlanta had to drop their cream jersey AND the City Connect was apparently b/c they were informed by MLB about this new four shirt rule, so they wanted to use the CC uniform as an opportunity to preserve a permanent chance at showcasing the overall look of the Hank Aaron-era uniforms. 

Yet Philly is trotting out five total uniforms regularly.

The Phillies don’t have a City Connect uniform yet, which is why they’re allowed 5 right now. Once they get theirs next year, they’ll apparently need to drop one of the existing 5

• Like 2

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

17 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

The Phillies don’t have a City Connect uniform yet, which is why they’re allowed 5 right now. Once they get theirs next year, they’ll apparently need to drop one of the existing 5

oh duh. 

That's fair, will have to redirect my disdain for them to another area. 

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

But there was at least one - I thought more - team that dropped a jersey because of the alleged rule even though they don't have a CC.

Tampa, for example, dropped their road gray and there's a quote from their VP of brand in this article that says it's because of the 4+1 rule.  They had 1) white, 2) gray, 3) light blue, 4) navy, and 5) throwback.

So the Phillies are somehow flying under the radar.  I'm assuming because their red is worn so sporadically (I think it's just road getaway days) and I'm not even sure if they sell it in stores.  It's definitely not available online.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

But there was at least one - I thought more - team that dropped a jersey because of the alleged rule even though they don't have a CC.

Tampa, for example, dropped their road gray and there's a quote from their VP of brand in this article that says it's because of the 4+1 rule.  They had 1) white, 2) gray, 3) light blue, 4) navy, and 5) throwback.

So the Phillies are somehow flying under the radar.  I'm assuming because their red is worn so sporadically (I think it's just road getaway days) and I'm not even sure if they sell it in stores.  It's definitely not available online.

https://www.mlbshop.com/philadelphia-phillies/youth-philadelphia-phillies-nike-red-alternate-replica-team-jersey/t-47018856+p-8152498651341+z-9-486201731?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c2:po-14

spacer.png

Anubis.png

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So, it's very likely that Tampa. COULD have kept it, but they wanted to kill off the road grey and they just justified it because of no city connect.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 8/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, M59 said:

I believe it was a request from Chris Bassitt. I know last year Berrios had the team wear them for a couple of his starts too.

Their record in the red isn't great, so fans are starting to hate them. I'm still assuming whatever they come up with for the City Connect will just be a more elaborate Canada Day style jersey.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, philly97flyer said:

The rays don’t have a CC and had to drop gray to keep the Devil rays for Friday games…so I don’t get this whole deal. I’ll bet Philly slides cause of the powder blue hype and Star guys like Harper selling jerseys. I’ll bet deep down they told a team like Tampa to get rid of the one that has the least sales (which I imagine is road gray).

KISSwall09.jpg

Watching the Pirates game tonight and it looks like they changed the pirate's bandana color on their black script jerseys. It was yellow from 2020-2022 but switched to red this season (starting on opening day and continuing to tonight). I don't remember an official announcement or anything, or seen anyone else mention this, so let me know if anyone knows why they switched. I liked the yellow bandana for the yellow heavy jersey more than the current red. (2022 vs 2023 for reference)

O672oeH.png

Also, expect the Diamondbacks to break out these throwbacks again for their 25th anniversary celebration on August 12. Not sure if it's for one game or the whole series, but it'll be back in some capacity. No team announcement as far as I can tell.

CwsCD8F.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2