2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

2 hours ago, BrySmalls said:

MIN vs WPG | BUF vs CBJ

3 teams that have never made the conference finals (CBJ, MIN, and WPG) along with the team that currently has the longest playoff drought (BUF).

Minnesota lost to Anaheim in the 2003 Western Conference Finals. They were swept, so it's pretty much as if they were never there. 🤣

• LOL 1

19 hours ago, BrySmalls said:

MIN vs WPG | BUF vs CBJ

2 teams that have never made the conference finals (CBJand WPG), 1 team that hasn't escaped the first round since the 2015-16 season (MIN), along with the team that currently has the longest playoff drought (BUF).

If filling your final four with downtrodden NHL franchises, why leave out Arizona? In the 2000s, they've sucked and are ignored much much more than Minnesota.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

If filling your final four with downtrodden NHL franchises, why leave out Arizona? In the 2000s, they've sucked and are ignored much much more than Minnesota.

That's an easy exclusion. The NHL's propped-up franchise doesn't deserve the chance to compete for a championship until they have moved out of Arizona. Until that happens, the Coyotes can continue their downward spiral into oblivion.

Even if the Canes can win this game, Bobrovsky is just too good right now. It's going to be tough to win this series with how he is playing. 

At this rate I just want to win a single game in the ECF after getting swept in our last two appearances. 

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

The Panthers last playoff OT loss was Game 6 against the Islanders in 2016. They've won seven in a row since then, six of them on the road.

The Hurricanes last playoff OT loss was Game 4 against the Preds in 2021. They've won six in a row since then.

Maybe it's not surprising that this game is going to a 4th overtime.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Panthers last playoff OT loss was Game 6 against the Islanders in 2016. They've won seven in a row since then, six of them on the road.

The Hurricanes last playoff OT loss was Game 4 against the Preds in 2021. They've won six in a row since then.

Maybe it's not surprising that this game is going to a 4th overtime.

Plus the Canes have lost 8 straight ECF games. Universe has no idea what to do. 

T1oYViW.png

On 5/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, CS85 said:

That said, the remaining four teams are all mostly unlikeable and I want nothing to do with whoever's left.  I guess go...Canes?  Panthers?  This feels like rooting for a blooming onion that's been sitting in a window for a few weeks.

I was thinking about how this was the most reddit final four possible (and that's just on the strength of the three non-Panthers fanbases alone). What would be the least reddit four? I say Blues-Blackhawks in the west, Leafs-Islanders in the east. EDIT: Wild-Oilers among teams that were in it this year.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫