2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

Okay, so...first off, WOW what an experience. I went to that game 2 yesterday and...well, Vegas has truly done a number with the in-arena entertainment. (Which, I mean, being Vegas, it's kinda in their wheelhouse, no?) I also know if I go again to go for the Allegiant Flight deck...sure it's SRO, but I could see just about everything from there. Not bad for 70 bucks on a last-minute deal!

Now, to the game. After Dallas' second goal, that building felt just...well, about as sluggish as the Knights looked on the ice for pretty much the entire game. I mean, sloppy passes, being more passive than aggressive, missing PLENTY open looks at the net the few times they ventured into the offensive zone during the game—and speaking of, is there some metric that tracks how long a team spends in the offensive and defensive zones? Because it felt like Vegas spent a solid 2/3 of the game camped put in their own defensive zone. Can't win too many games like that...and Dallas sent plenty pucks on net, which was my biggest gripe all game up until the end of regulation: by the second intermission, Vegas had a total of ten shots on goal to Dallas' seventeen (IIRC); five minutes into the third it was like 21-12.

That, plus the fact that it seemed like none of the Knights could keep a puck on their stick blades, was just maddeningly frustrating. Energy seeped as the clock crossed 18:00 into the third period—and then finally, the Knights showed some life, and Marchessault came through with that equalizer. Suddenly, the building woke from the dead, and by the end of regulation, it was a completely different energy. But man, when Chandler Stevenson slapped that rebound in on a clean net barely a minute into OT—thanks to the Knights finally doing what they hadnt done all game, by crashing the net and being aggressive on their forecheck—that building dang near blew up! (And I dang near went hoarse.)

I tell you what, though: they better not roll out flat like they played 5/6 of the way come game 3 down in Dallas, or they might just get skated right off that ice down there. That said, I may not live down that experience for a while. Not bad for my first live NHL game! (And they even gave a button to commemorate it. 😄)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

Okay, so...first off, WOW what an experience. I went to that game 2 yesterday and...well, Vegas has truly done a number with the in-arena entertainment. (Which, I mean, being Vegas, it's kinda in their wheelhouse, no?) I also know if I go again to go for the Allegiant Flight deck...sure it's SRO, but I could see just about everything from there. Not bad for 70 bucks on a last-minute deal!

Vegas went out of their way to make the Golden Knights team as attractive as possible:

- Top-tier logo, uniforms, and a unique color scheme

- Amazing visual pre-game on-ice graphics, a fortress as part of the arena's atmospheric decor, and hanging medieval flags with the logos of all NHL teams

- Excellent expansion draft advantages

- Witty social media person running VGK's Twitter

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Vegas went out of their way to make the Golden Knights team as attractive as possible:

- Top-tier logo, uniforms, and a unique color scheme

- Amazing visual pre-game on-ice graphics and a life-sized real fortress as part of the arena's atmospheric decor

- Excellent expansion draft advantages

- Witty social media person running VGK's Twitter

Still think Vegas should have stuck with the home uniforms from a few years ago. The gold feels more alternate than primary

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Still think Vegas should have stuck with the home uniforms from a few years ago. The gold feels more alternate than primary

It makes sense for the Golden Knights to have a gold jersey. Their minor league affiliate Henderson Silver Knights have a silver jersey. They got the colors right, to match the team names.

I think their new look improved a bit, with the addition of the white gloves and the ditching of those awful Tron-like chrome helmets.

11 hours ago, Unocal said:

When the hell did Bobrovsky turn into 2003 Giguere?

This feels a bit like Carey Price in ‘21. Elite goalie who struggled during the regular season, but came into the playoffs rested and started rolling. 

• Like 1

Bobrovski is playing very well, without a doubt.

He'll need to play his best games in the Finals (assuming Florida doesn't blow an 3-0 series lead) and he'll need a strong performance from the team in front of him. 2003 Giguere came up short against New Jersey in Game 7.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It makes sense for the Golden Knights to have a gold jersey.

No further argument needed.

• Like 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

On 5/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, tBBP said:

I tell you what, though: they better not roll out flat like they played 5/6 of the way come game 3 down in Dallas, or they might just get skated right off that ice down there.

So ummm...I think someone or a couple someones from the organization heard me. 3-0 Vegas on Dallas' home ice at the moment about halfway through the second period...

EDIT: And right as I hit "Post" VGK scores their fourth of the game. 😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||