22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

On 3/23/2023 at 12:07 AM, RealSimsShadY said:

The Jazz can't figure out if they want to go for the playoffs play-in, or if they want to increase their lottery odds. 

Joke all year has been that we're so bad we can't lose when we try.

Bittersweet and confusing season so far.

Ainge is a miracle worker/should be convicted for grand theft. What he got for Gobert is criminal

I’m honestly really stoked with this season as a fan; and this is coming from someone who, as my avatar suggests, was on the Tank For Wemby train early on.

I don’t think anybody expected the rookies, Kessler and Agbaji, to be as good as they have been this season, let alone this good this soon. The team has also shown a gritty resilience that I don’t think anybody expected either, even after gutting the rotation at the trade deadline and enduring injuries to key players. They’re finding ways to win when they have no business winning. Look at just the record and it’s easy to assume there’s too much driven by stagnant veterans, but that isn’t the case; a young team is pulling this off, which is very encouraging. They are more poised and matured than expected at this stage of thier growth.

It’s true that the price of this is likely going to be no Wembanyama, but the encouragement of seeing the Jazz be so far along so quick is a trade off I’m fine with. Let’s not forget the Jazz will likely wind up with two top 20 - possibly two top 15 - picks this coming draft. There’s still great opportunities to add talent with where they’ll land. 

It may be the stark contrast of last year’s team being so grating and deeply frustrating to root for, but this team and where they’re headed has me absolutely excited. It’s been a while since I’ve been this optimistic about the Jazz and thier future.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 3/23/2023 at 12:10 AM, who do you think said:

At 35-37 it's a little late to start thinking about lottery odds.

Anyway, watch the Celtics lose to the Spurs in Boston on Sunday. Just watch.

Thank FanDuel.

21 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

First Cleveland Cavaliers team in the last 25 years to make the playoffs without LeBron James on the roster

Hard to miss the playoffs when 70% of the league qualifies for the postseason now.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

On 3/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, PittsburghSucks said:

First Cleveland Cavaliers team in the last 25 years to make the playoffs without LeBron James on the roster.

Ah, pre-9/11 days.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:04 AM, Indigo said:

I've never seen someone use 9/11 as a time benchmark unless their referring to airport security.

Like hakuna-matata, it [pre-9/11] means no worries...  How about pre-pandemic days instead?  More relatable?

That's on par with the time a Wisconsin politician compared UW getting taken to the woodshed by Miami to Pearl Harbor 😑

Anybody watching this Bucks-Pacers game...crazy pace they've been at, like they're both roleplaying as the 80s Nuggets...Bucks are already past 100, Pacers will pass 100 in a second, Giannis already has a triple double, Jrue just hit 40 points.  Holy crap...it was close until this run the Bucks have been on.  Wouldn't be shocked if the losing team ends with 120 or more.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, Indigo said:

I've never seen someone use 9/11 as a time benchmark unless their referring to airport security.

I think about stuff in before/after 9/11 terms all the time. 

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

27 minutes ago, dont care said:

I mean when nearly 3/4 of the league make it is it that big of an accomplishment?

They clinched at least a six seed or higher, so they’re in no matter what. The play-in has nothing to do with this accomplishment. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

30 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

They clinched at least a six seed or higher, so they’re in no matter what. The play-in has nothing to do with this accomplishment. 

Still even when it was just 8 teams that’s over half the league making it. You would think they could have put together a mediocre team to make it in all that time

• Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, who do you think said:

Kind of. There might be 2 or 3 seasons total since 2006 where the Kings have even finished top 10 in the conference. They've been wretched for a long time.

This. Hell the SEATTLE SONICS still existed back in 2006. This is a team that almost moved to Seattle! They looked every bit as hapless as the fellow NorCal team Oakland Athletics. But even the A's had a few decent teams and made the playoffs.

On 3/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m honestly really stoked with this season as a fan; and this is coming from someone who, as my avatar suggests, was on the Tank For Wemby train early on.

I don’t think anybody expected the rookies, Kessler and Agbaji, to be as good as they have been this season, let alone this good this soon. The team has also shown a gritty resilience that I don’t think anybody expected either, even after gutting the rotation at the trade deadline and enduring injuries to key players. They’re finding ways to win when they have no business winning. Look at just the record and it’s easy to assume there’s too much driven by stagnant veterans, but that isn’t the case; a young team is pulling this off, which is very encouraging. They are more poised and matured than expected at this stage of thier growth.

It’s true that the price of this is likely going to be no Wembanyama, but the encouragement of seeing the Jazz be so far along so quick is a trade off I’m fine with. Let’s not forget the Jazz will likely wind up with two top 20 - possibly two top 15 - picks this coming draft. There’s still great opportunities to add talent with where they’ll land. 

It may be the stark contrast of last year’s team being so grating and deeply frustrating to root for, but this team and where they’re headed has me absolutely excited. It’s been a while since I’ve been this optimistic about the Jazz and thier future.

100% agree with you. Who would have thought that this season would have been more fun and entertaining than last year? 

It sucks that DM's ego got so big, that he couldn't waste an ounce of energy on defense, and that the team just fell apart (Should've kept Ingles).

Here's to hoping the wizard Danny Ainge can use all these picks to get a few big pieces!

• Love 1

spacer.png