22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

8 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Knicks fought hard at the end. They need another bonafide scorer in the offseason

they're still a really young team, so I'm not beat up over it. I am beat up over being eliminated by another team from the official state of Wanting Most of My Friends Dead, though. whether it's Boston or Philly, please unleash the dragon.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

I wouldn’t call it scapegoat, when you have a coach that never used the bench and 3 years in a row can’t close out games or is embarrassed by 20 plus points to be eliminated, he had to go. He’s a good guy, good coach. But couldn’t get it done. Plus not saying that it wasn’t the player’s fault either. I just think when it comes to the team the coach should always be the first to take blame.  

And I am a Suns fan since 1986 who is frustrated why as talented this team is and was can’t get over the hump. I think this is the right move. Hopefully get a guy in here that can show Ayton that heart because he doesn’t have any.

Trade Chris Paul because he just doesn’t have it anymore and bring in some role players that can hopefully get this team some Victories when it matters most. I have watched this team all my life and I want this ring. 1993 and 2021 were the most fun and so close and I want that celebration. But I don’t think it’ll happen with Monty and the group of guys that’s with this team. In all honesty it’s Book, and KD that are safe. Probably Payne and Biyombo but I just can’t see the group of guys there that will bring home this championship. It is disheartening because it wasn’t more than a few years ago they were the bubble team that made a run and the year before the laughingstock of the league 

• Like 2

New owner syndrome plus two terrible season-ending losses in a row means, yeah, bye Monty.  This might be a Mark Jackson-to-Steve Kerr levels switch. The high-level talent is there, but they need a different voice. I don't know if Nick Nurse is that voice, but we'll see who Phoenix ends up with. My guess is they go big for whoever the biggest name or ex-player available.

In other news, Ja Morant was again recorded brandishing a gun in Instagram. Not great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

In other news, Ja Morant was again recorded brandishing a gun in Instagram. Not great.

For a kid with raw talent and could be the next big name sure doesn’t have the brains. He’s not going to be in the league much longer if he continues his obsession with guns

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

they're still a really young team, so I'm not beat up over it. I am beat up over being eliminated by another team from the official state of Wanting Most of My Friends Dead, though. whether it's Boston or Philly, please unleash the dragon.

I think the Celtics win the east since rightly zero people believe in a Doc Rivers coached team in the postseason and they will not fall flat on their face like another certain Boston team did against the Florida Panthers

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That statement the Grizzlies put out the other day on Dillon Brooks "He will not be back next year under any circumstances" should be revised to include Ja Morant's name. Fxxking clownass.

6uXNWAo.png

So here's Sixers/Celtics referee Eric Lewis' family a year ago (the jersey on him is obviously photoshopped):

327474367_727390649015695_49703682107580

Then there's this, from Game 6 per Woj (different ref):

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You've got Scott Foster today. Here's his Wikipedia intro:

Scott Foster (born April 8, 1967), nicknamed "The Extender" for his perceived habit of making bad calls on purpose in order to extend playoff series,[1][2] is an American professional basketball referee for the National Basketball Association (NBA). Foster has been labeled as the worst referee in the NBA by anonymous players polls ranging from 2016 to 2023.[3][4][5]

Chris Paul notably was on a 13-game losing streak in games Foster officiated (broken during the playoffs this year), and the Heat are on a 10-game losing streak in his games.

Could be a major coincidence, but also Foster games tend to be heavy on shenanigans. Perfect for a game 7!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The NBA is a private organization. They can rig it all they want. It's just the money lost on gambling that could force a dangerous reaction. Bad things could happen. 

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You've got Scott Foster today. Here's his Wikipedia intro

According to NBA, he's the "crew chief", while the Boston fan is the "referee".  I'm not sure how the hierarchy works, but at least there's nothing to extend after a game 7.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, SCMODS said:

The NBA is a private organization. They can rig it all they want. It's just the money lost on gambling that could force a dangerous reaction. Bad things could happen. 

There are huge legal ramifications if they or any sports league were found to be rigging games.  Probably most in MLB due to anti-trust, but heads would roll and tons of money lost if any league was ever caught.

I won't comment on the Suns owner, but I do kinda get this move in a way I don't compared to the Raptors with Nick Nurse, or even the Bucks and Bud. He's a great coach, but everything with Ayton, and just the general vibe of the team after that Dallas loss, which I know isn't just his fault, Sarver deserves a lot of the blame for running the org like that, just kinda seemed like a major move internally had to be done. Whether it was Monty's firing, or moving on from CP3/Ayton, I think something had to change. 

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Doc end up Phoenix next year. Today is probably the end of the line in Philly.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Doc end up Phoenix next year. Today is probably the end of the line in Philly.

It ain't gonna happen, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him in Memphis. Granted, the head brass ain't finna just can Taylor Jenkins like that, but if they were (which would essentially mean they'd have to fire themselves), I dang sure would take a flyer on him if I were their head honchos. 

Or is Mark Jackson still out there/interested in coaching?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Or is Mark Jackson still out there/interested in coaching?

He's a finalist for the Bucks job.

Boston should have lost today based solely on wearing their roads at home.

Really curious how 2020 Final Four Part II ends up. My heart says LA/Boston. My head says Denver/Miami.