MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

And here's where I point out the relative proximity of Fort Hood, up outside Killeen, to Austin (about 50 miles to the north). LOTS of military folk around that area. 

There's also four military posts down the road in San Antonio, but that shouldn't be the way a team from Austin should be presented. They should be embracing things like Willie Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Austin City Lights. The city of Austin is the antithesis of military culture. 

• Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In other news, the Whitecaps posted a press release this morning saying that their shirt sponsorship deal with Bell has come to an end:

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/thank-you-bell

Decent chance that they’ll be sponsorless for at least part of the season, or they may already have secured another sponsor that’ll be announced before the season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sounds like there is indeed a jersey sponsor change for the Sounders this season. With the "ever popular" Zulily logo going away. 

Unless they are able to get something bigger done by the start of the year, it sounds like it will be a small splash in terms of a sponsor. I'm hedging my bets on Delta Airlines. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

There's also four military posts down the road in San Antonio, but that shouldn't be the way a team from Austin should be presented. They should be embracing things like Willie Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Austin City Lights. The city of Austin is the antithesis of military culture. 

While I do agree with that statement, if the Vegas Golden Knights, Florida Panthers, and even the Jacksonville Jaguars have taught us anything, it's to NEVER underestimate the prowess of marketing to the military demographic of a city and/or metro region. (Lord knows the Austin area got plenty of them—heck I used to be one of them.) And if Precourt n' em think they can extract more dolla dolla bills by doing that, then I'm willing to bet that's just what they'll do. 

And if Austin should embrace anything in their local culture, it's bats. All them bats that be hanging out up under that bridge downtown (can't remember the name of the street offhand). I still think that's what they should have gone from the beginning. The Mutiny has long been gone from MLS; time for somebody to be the bat squad somewhere. *

*Yes I'm aware of the Louisville MiLB team, but there's enuff room for another bat squad out here somewhere. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tomorrow is apparently MLS Media Day in San Jose. In the past this event has produced quite a few glimpses at new kit elements (for teams getting new primary kits, at least). Would expect to see some of the new shorts and socks, but also possible that one of the jerseys accidentally gets leaked as well.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

In other news, the Whitecaps posted a press release this morning saying that their shirt sponsorship deal with Bell has come to an end:

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/thank-you-bell

Decent chance that they’ll be sponsorless for at least part of the season, or they may already have secured another sponsor that’ll be announced before the season.

With their hooped jerseys, I hope they do a team wordmark like they've done historically!

10 hours ago, TacoCat83 said:

Sounds like there is indeed a jersey sponsor change for the Sounders this season. With the "ever popular" Zulily logo going away. 

Unless they are able to get something bigger done by the start of the year, it sounds like it will be a small splash in terms of a sponsor. I'm hedging my bets on Delta Airlines. 

Either no sponsor or move the Puyallup Nation logo to the front of the shirt plz ☛☜

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

If Austin should embrace anything in their local culture, it's bats. All them bats that be hanging out up under that bridge downtown (can't remember the name of the street offhand). I still think that's what they should have gone from the beginning. The Mutiny has long been gone from MLS; time for somebody to be the bat squad somewhere. *

I like that idea! Heck if MLS decided to have Retro Reverse weekend using old MLS teams, it could fit rather easily. In fact, I think that double blue used by Tampa when they wore Kappa would be great for a secondary kit 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, TacoCat83 said:

Based off the 2 different colors of the cinci and ATL jackets,  it looks like MLS is getting the reversable anthem jacket like the world cup teams.

Yeah, although unfortunately it looks like they’ll just be solid colors on both sides instead of incorporating designs from the jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

First up on today’s leaks, a glimpse at Atlanta’s shorts and socks and a tiny glimpse at Cincy’s new primary shirt:

spacer.png

Seems like Atlanta jersey has a gold band added to the authentic version of the collar. I don't recall that in the replica leak from earlier

Edit: nope i was wrong, the replica also has that gold band.

Glimpse at SKC’s new primary kit. Light blue shorts and socks once again. If you look closely you can just barely see the navy trim on the back hem of the shorts, and you can also see a tiny bit of what looks to be a navy collar on the shirt (maybe a henley?). Also our first look at the inside (reverse side) of the new anthem jackets, which follow the same pattern as the WC anthem jackets (printed and stacked logos on the left chest and no adidas stripes). 

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Glimpse at SKC’s new primary kit. Light blue shorts and socks once again. If you look closely you can just barely see the navy trim on the back hem of the shorts, and you can also see a tiny bit of what looks to be a navy collar on the shirt (maybe a henley?). Also our first look at the inside (reverse side) of the new anthem jackets, which follow the same pattern as the WC anthem jackets (printed and stacked logos on the left chest and no adidas stripes). 

spacer.png

The jackets look like they have a different type of fabric on each side no?

20 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

The jackets look like they have a different type of fabric on each side no?

Slightly different, yes. These are the details listed on the Adidas site for the World Cup anthem jackets:

- Slim fit

- Full zip with stand-up collar

- Side A: 100% recycled nylon plain weave

- Side B: 100% recycled polyester twill

- Side A: Zip pockets; Side B: Front pockets

- Reversible

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

A few interesting things here. First, you can see the Apple TV logo on all three players. Second, looks like Ruidiaz’s jersey already has a new sponsor logo on it but his hands and arms are covering most of it. Third, a look at the blue keeper jersey for this year. Same as the World Cup keeper kits, which was to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1