MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

4 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

We tried that in 19/20. Didn't go over well with the fanbase. ButtStripes was a phrase I heard to much around tailgates those seasons. 

Lol. I always thought the butt stripes joke was a bit stupid. I liked the butt stripes when the shirt had a number but it looked a bit goofy when plain. I just wish they could apply full stripes to the back of the shirt because the gold would have zero contrast issues.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

We tried that in 19/20. Didn't go over well with the fanbase. ButtStripes was a phrase I heard to much around tailgates those seasons. 

I meant full stripes on the front and the back, the gold numbers should contrast well with both black and red.

9 hours ago, hereandthere said:

I don't know about the MLS, I've never seen the regulation. But about Europe, it's not 100% true. I mean, there are stricter rules in UEFA competions compared to domestice leagues, but most striped teams (for example last year's AC Milan and this year's FC Inter) have no problem playing with striped backs in the Champions League as well, given there is enough contrast with the numbers. The same can be said for Argentina's national team.

I guess most instances of plain backs are simply brands and clubs playing it safe, even safer than the regulations demand.

I've always assumed that plain backs on striped MLS jerseys were more because Adidas templates had the plain backs. Considering how often MLS has given us impossible-to-read numbers through metallic foils or terrible color-contrast choices, it seems like number legibility is not front of mind for them.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 minutes ago, GFB said:

I love the idea of a cherry blossom kit for DCU, but that’s too literal of a rendition for my taste.

Agree, but given FH's history of optimistic renders I'm not putting much stock in that mockup at all (mercifully). Looks like one of those extra-fast-fashion shirts all over sketchy internet banner ads.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Charlotte FC teases what I assume to be their clash kit, to be revealed tomorrow. Obviously the text is pink (like the colors leak) and it seems to be teapot themed? Some kind of china pattern? Of note - I think the lavender finger nail polish that can be seen will be the secondary color, which would make the scheme not identical to Charlotte's kit sponsor, Ally. A relief for myself although I can't say I really see where this is going.

Of course, this could have nothing to do with the kit. I just figured the pink text and odd tea theme could mean something.

• WOAH 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Yeah, pink has definitely been the trend in MLS the past three or four years...wouldn't shock me a single bit if more of it ends up in CLTFC's new clash.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I 🤬ing hate the cherry blossoms! Easily THE most overrated tourist attraction in DC. And within the last year the Wizards, Nationals and now DC United found it necessary to make uniforms honoring those things. Such BS

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I 🤬ing hate the cherry blossoms! Easily THE most overrated tourist attraction in DC. And within the last year the Wizards, Nationals and now DC United found it necessary to make uniforms honoring those things. Such BS

DC United have embraced them in the past with a cherry blossom scarf

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CDCLT said:
Charlotte FC teases what I assume to be their clash kit, to be revealed tomorrow. Obviously the text is pink (like the colors leak) and it seems to be teapot themed? Some kind of china pattern? Of note - I think the lavender finger nail polish that can be seen will be the secondary color, which would make the scheme not identical to Charlotte's kit sponsor, Ally. A relief for myself although I can't say I really see where this is going.

Of course, this could have nothing to do with the kit. I just figured the pink text and odd tea theme could mean something.

Just a player announcement:

Apparently Westwood is a tea aficionado, hence the tea theme of yesterday’s teaser. The pink date in that teaser video does seem like a hint at the kit, but I wouldn’t put stock in any of the tea theming or the nail polish color. I’d be pretty surprised to see any of the new kits revealed before February.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I love cherry blossoms, but DC teams' use of them in branding has been absolutely atrocious and completely unwarranted.

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, Saturn said:

I love cherry blossoms, but DC teams' use of them in branding has been absolutely atrocious and completely unwarranted.

I think DC United might've missed the window to use Cherry blossom.  Obviously, it will still be popular with fans, but supporters were asking for this for the last 4 years and in typical DCU fashion they let the Wizards and Nationals beat them to the punch.  

• Applause 2

On 1/6/2023 at 4:12 PM, TaylorMade said:

It’s based on relatively straight forward descriptions but hoping it looks a bit better than this. I absolutely loved the Wizards and Nationals cherry blossom jerseys; it’s just a bummer those teams don’t really have anyone worth buying a jersey of. I’ll probably get a DC United one if they end up looking a little better than this though. 

8 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Austin FC’s home kit this year sounds like a lotta stripes. Maybe a dazzle Camo?

Dazzle camo? Well I guess it makes sense since Yeti is a glamping company, why not pretend to be military?

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Dazzle camo? Well I guess it makes sense since Yeti is a glamping company, why not pretend to be military?

A faux military look seems like it would fit DC United more than Austin, or something that would be a choice for a new franchise in San Diego or Hampton Roads. It is nice to see ATX get creative with the stripes after an utterly conventional first home jersey though.

49 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

A faux military look seems like it would fit DC United more than Austin, or something that would be a choice for a new franchise in San Diego or Hampton Roads. It is nice to see ATX get creative with the stripes after an utterly conventional first home jersey though.

And here's where I point out the relative proximity of Fort Hood, up outside Killeen, to Austin (about 50 miles to the north). LOTS of military folk around that area. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||