MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

31 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm sure I just have to see the whole thing in real life, but the image above is where it seems like a mismatched kit. 

It's possible it just look that way because I'm not seeing the white Adidas stripes on the shoulders, which could balance it out. But from this truncated view, it seems as if the striping and numbering on the shorts should be gold to match the jersey. 

I think with the jersey having white numbers and white Adidas stripes it will look very nice. Just need to see a real picture of it all.

• Like 2

Based on the mockup I actually feel like the Adidas stripes being gold would be a better look. (But they need to change things up to sell new jerseys, of course.)

I don't know, it's weird -- I feel like on recent Timbers' green jerseys, it's usually tough to find a proportion of white trim and gold trim that feels "balanced"... but also only using one of the two as trim colors is boring and unfitting. But on the whole I'd say this is one of the better home jerseys they've had since the lite rebrand of the mid-10s.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Based on the mockup I actually feel like the Adidas stripes being gold would be a better look. (But they need to change things up to sell new jerseys, of course.)

I don't know, it's weird -- I feel like on recent Timbers' green jerseys, it's usually tough to find a proportion of white trim and gold trim that feels "balanced"... but also only using one of the two as trim colors is boring and unfitting. But on the whole I'd say this is one of the better home jerseys they've had since the lite rebrand of the mid-10s.

I think the shirt very well could look better with the adidas stripes being gold, but having seen the full kit I actually like the white quite a bit and can appreciate them taking a different direction after three straight home kits with gold Adidas stripes. 

It’s interesting, throughout the different iterations of the Timbers (even just in their original 8 year NASL run) there have been times where they were basically just green and white, other times where they were basically just green and gold, and times where the gold and white coexisted on the kits. All three approaches feel uniquely “Timbers” and I think there’s a case to be made for all three schemes as to which is the best or most appropriate. I’m not sure they’ll ever really be able to beat their 2017/18 green & gold primaries, but I thought the balance between gold and white in their 2019/20 hooped kits was pretty carefully considered. I feel the same with this new kit; I think having the adidas stripes match the logo and name/number colors is pretty key in achieving a successful balance. Lets one color be a little more dominant than the other. To this day one of my favorite kit combos the Timbers have worn in MLS is the white/green/white combo with their 2018/19 secondaries. Mostly white and green with nice gold touches as well. I feel like this new kit is a pretty successful flip of the script, mostly green and white but with tasteful gold accenting as well.

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

FC Dallas will have new jersey sponsors in 2023. Children's Health on the primary kit, UT Southwestern Medical Center on the secondary. 

logos.jpg

Announcement also mentioned the new secondary kit would be unveiled Feb. 16 at their annual Cocktails and Cleats kickoff event.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BC985 said:

First look at St. Louis City’s primary kit:

spacer.png

I figured they were gonna do that.

It needs navy shorts for contrast. (Shoot, I'd have maybe even gone for navy socks as well, just so the pink red shirts would stand out more.) And I'm still not too hot on that yellow trim...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I figured they were gonna do that.

It needs navy shorts for contrast. (Shoot, I'd have maybe even gone for navy socks as well, just so the pink red shirts would stand out more.) And I'm still not too hot on that yellow trim...

I agree on the shorts.

• Like 1

St. Louis CITY Soccer Capital has too much pink going on, there needs to be more navy. The yellow trim isn't great either. I really don't like the colored trim that's going to be on every jersey. Completely unnecessary "addition" that just clutters up every design.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Are we sure the Timbers aren't doing an ariport homage?

Just kidding.

Once again, Timbers are among the class in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

42 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Timbers kit is fine, but too much white and not enough gold. As for NYCFC, I hope they have a pair of white shorts. That’s my favorite combo over both the all sky blue or even the navy shorts.

I kind of touched on this earlier, but while green & gold may be what non-Timbers fans associate with the Timbers nowadays (after the 2017 color change, at least), green and white and a green/white/gold scheme are just as synonymous with the Timbers around here. Since they’ve had three straight home kits that were more gold-heavy (or just green & gold, in the case of the 2017/18 home kit), I think it’s fitting to go more white-heavy this time around. Sort of a nod to the early MLS days, but also the pre-MLS eras and iterations of the Timbers when the scheme was often more green & white or green/white/yellow:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Are we sure the Timbers aren't doing an ariport homage?

Well I was going to ask. Do the Timbers have any specific plaid heritage? Like how the Blazers did this a few years ago but there was a reference to those signature Dr. Jack suits. In that sense the Timbers will probably finally have a PDX teal away kit in a few more years; hopefully not causing any apoplectic fits of rage from out-of-towners.

3 minutes ago, Digby said:

Well I was going to ask. Do the Timbers have any specific plaid heritage? Like how the Blazers did this a few years ago but there was a reference to those signature Dr. Jack suits. In that sense the Timbers will probably finally have a PDX teal away kit in a few more years; hopefully not causing any apoplectic fits of rage from out-of-towners.

Not really any specific plaid heritage, but there’s the lumberjack angle and I suppose the hipster flannel angle as well. Plus there’s the stripes on the PDX flag that can pretty easily form a plaid pattern. In a broader sense, Oregon has a pretty extensive history with woolen mills as well. I’ll be curious to see the marketing speak for the kit, as I could realistically see any of the above reasons being mentioned.

I really hope the Timbers never go the PDX carpet route. Now that the Blazers have done it, I think I’ve had my fix on that theme and I think most fans here would agree. The Timbers have had some PDX carpet hats and other merch, but I don’t really care to see more.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah, I remember the last time I was in Portland, if memory serves, the stadium shop had a whole wall of PDX carpet/Timbers mashup scarves and hats etc. I thought it was funny but kinda weird since that obviously wasn’t the brand, even on the away kit. Ahead of the curve in a way though, I guess.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s confirmation of the Timbers’ new primary kit:

spacer.png

Really can’t wait to see the close-up shots and to see what the jocktag and other little details look like. Also can’t wait to see the kit with white shorts.

With white shorts this is going to look great. The Timbers needed to bring some white back onto their green kits imo

• Like 1