• Gonzaga
  • Kansas State
  • Miami
  • San Diego State
  • Texas
  • UConn

That. Is. Awesome. 

• Like 1

Only UConn has won a championship (4). Gonzaga has been to the title game twice and lost both. Kansas State lost in their only appearance in the title game. Creighton, FAU, Miami, and  San Diego State have never made it to the Final Four. Kinda nice not to see a majority of powerhouses this far.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

Just now, Dilbert said:

Only UConn has won a championship (4). Gonzaga has been to the title game twice and lost both. Kansas State lost in their only appearance in the title game. Creighton, FAU, Miami, and  San Diego State have never made it to the Final Four. Kinda nice not to see a majority of powerhouses this far.

But is the lack of powerhouses a good thing?

This feels like college basketball's version of 2007 college football when we had too many upsets

• Dislike 3

9 minutes ago, Unocal said:

We've got an Elite 8 with basically 1 marquee matchup

And I'll be watching and taking more of an interest (along with millions of others) because because of that.

Fucc chalk.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

20 minutes ago, Unocal said:

For those of you who like upsets, congratulations

We've got an Elite 8 with basically 1 marquee matchup

literally who cares? last year's Final Four was nothing but blue-bloods and it was unbelievably flaccid.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

7 minutes ago, Unocal said:

There's a fine line between all chalk and no chalk

Give us a Final Four of Butler, Loyola-Chicago, Wichita State, and St. Peters over the crap we seemingly get every year.

Really tho, YOU DONT NEED GODDAMN DUKE IN THE FINAL FOUR TO TO ENJOY IT.

6uXNWAo.png

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Give us a Final Four of Butler, Loyola-Chicago, Wichita State, and St. Peters over the crap we seemingly get every year.

I want to see the best of the best, not some flavor of the month that plays 5 good games.

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, Unocal said:

But is the lack of powerhouses a good thing?

This feels like college basketball's version of 2007 college football when we had too many upsets

The college football season that people constantly talk about how legendary and special it was all the time, even over a decade later? Sounds good to me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The college football season that people constantly talk about how legendary and special it was all the time, even over a decade later? Sounds good to me.

Too many upsets is too much of a good thing, like having ice cream for dinner

• Dislike 2

14 hours ago, Unocal said:

For those of you who like upsets, congratulations

13 hours ago, Unocal said:

I want to see the best of the best, not some flavor of the month that plays 5 good games.

13 hours ago, Unocal said:

Too many upsets is too much of a good thing, like having ice cream for dinner

Tell us you're a Duke/Yankees/Lakers fan without telling us you're a Duke/Yankees/Lakers fan.

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

Dont get me wrong, powerhouses are good, but it gets old seeing North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Kansas year after year. Variety is the spice of life.  Its nice to see a team like a 3 loss Florida Atlantic get this far without being blown out by a powerhouse.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

40 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Dont get me wrong, powerhouses are good, but it gets old seeing North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Kansas year after year. Variety is the spice of life.  Its nice to see a team like a 3 loss Florida Atlantic get this far without being blown out by a powerhouse.

I'm not arguing with you, but I want to watch good, compelling basketball. The tournament has been that, but it could also have been that if it were bluebloods playing. These two are not mutually exclusive. 

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

but it could also have been that if it were bluebloods playing

Clearly we all want good games. But this is about the teams themselves. If Kansas vs Duke goes 4OT, in the end we're still left with a bad taste because one of those teams is moving on like they always do. Nobody is thinking that if it's two randos like SDSU vs Creighton. Who would hate that?

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png