College Basketball 2022-23

TrueYankee26

Well, on the bright side, today's events basically mean that Arizona's loss to a 15 seed is irrelevant.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

27 minutes ago, Unocal said:

In a CBB season where the #1 ranking was a hot potato.....

a 1 lost to a 16 and I can see the other 3 losing this weekend

It's been THAT type of year 

Honestly thought Houston would be the one if any to go out on upset in the first round. There really isn't that Clear Cut Favorite to make the final four with them all. 

18 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Honestly thought Houston would be the one if any to go out on upset in the first round. There really isn't that Clear Cut Favorite to make the final four with them all. 

The $30000 question: is that a good thing?

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

The $30000 question: is that a good thing?

Why wouldn't it be? Since the rise of G League Ignite and increasing exposure to international teams, many of the best young basketball players aren't in the NCAA anymore. Doesn't it stand to reason there would be more variance?

One thing I have appreciated is people don't seem to care about sharing their brackets anymore. This is progress.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Only slightly due to the transfer portal, there's been a lot of turnover in season this year.

Texas gets a new coach midway through the year and still almost becomes a #1 seed.

Kansas gets a #1 seed then their coach has a health scare.

Arkansas has one of their best players leave the team for a bit, and now he's back and they look really good.

Creighton has their best player miss a lot of time early on, then they fight back through the Big East, and are, at their healthiest, a lot better than their seed suggests.

Xavier looks great for most of the season, then Freemantle goes down with an injury. He's likely their fourth best player but the dropoff between Freemantle and Hunter isn't as big as the dropoff between Hunter & Edwards.

Tennessee looks good all season then Zakai Zeigler gets injured.

TCU looks fun for most of the season, then Mike Miles gets hurt. They get him back then their best big man leaves the team as soon as the Big 12 tournament starts.

Also, Gonzaga, Baylor, and Michigan State have had relatively quiet seasons for their programs and they're all there in the second round.

March Madness continues to be the best sporting event around. What a fun time.

"[College] Basketball is my favorite sport." - Kurtis Blow

30 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

DOWN GO THE DEFENDING CHAMPION KANSAS JAYHAWKS! DOWN GOES ANOTHER #1 SEED BEFORE THE SECOND WEEKEND!

Arkansas Razorbacks with the comeback win.

And what a game it was!

I've actually been able to catch a good many of these games due to being snowed in...caught that one from top to bottom. The fact that Arkansas pulled off that comeback with dang near half their players either in foul trouble or completely fouled out (Kansas was in the bonus with about 10:00 to go in the game) was huge for them. Not that I have anything against the Jayhawks, but as a current enrollee and future Sooie Pig alumnus, naturally I have  a vested interest in all things Hogs these days, so...WOO PIG SOOIE!!!

(Now of course the question is can they finally break through the glass ceiling at the Sweet 16?)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

And what a game it was!

I've actually been able to catch a good many of these games due to being snowed in...caught that one from top to bottom. The fact that Arkansas pulled off that comeback with dang near half their players either in foul trouble or completely fouled out (Kansas was in the bonus with about 10:00 to go in the game) was huge for them. Not that I have anything against the Jayhawks, but as a current enrollee and future Sooie Pig alumnus, naturally I have  a vested interest in all things Hogs these days, so...WOO PIG SOOIE!!!

(Now of course the question is can they finally break through the glass ceiling at the Sweet 16?)

Congrats to your Razorbacks! 👏 

And you never know, we knew there was no clear cut fave as @Sykotyk said so Arkansas may very well make a run to Houston.

And speaking of the Cougars, they are trailing big against Auburn as I type this. So another #1 could go down tonight. This has got to be the craziest NCAA tournament ever. EDIT: Houston came back.

Edited by TrueYankee26

39 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Congrats to your Razorbacks! 👏 

Thanks, man!

39 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

And you never know, we knew there was no clear cut fave as @Sykotyk said so Arkansas may very well make a run to Houston.

And speaking of the Cougars, they are trailing big against Auburn as I type this. So another #1 could go down tonight. This has got to be the craziest NCAA tournament ever.

For real!

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Duke out. Kansas out. 🤌

Huge basketball hangover today. Spent an entire day at the arena for yesterday's Denver sessions. Some takeaways: The Creighton fan base is infectious. Nobodyyy likes Gonzaga. The GCU student section is on drugs (the fun kind!). Was not good night for anyone wearing a Purdue gear in public. ASU and TCU both deserved to advance, that game was like a heavyweight fight. 

Even if your team isn't in it, attending the first round of the NCAAs if a bucket list thing for any Tournament fan. Highly recommend! 

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Duke out. Kansas out. 🤌

Huge basketball hangover today. Spent an entire day at the arena for yesterday's Denver sessions. Some takeaways: The Creighton fan base is infectious. Nobodyyy likes Gonzaga. The GCU student section is on drugs (the fun kind!). Was not good night for anyone wearing a Purdue gear in public. ASU and TCU both deserved to advance, that game was like a heavyweight fight. 

Even if your team isn't in it, attending the first round of the NCAAs if a bucket list thing for any Tournament fan. Highly recommend! 

Duke and Kansas going out makes the Mizzou loss a little easier to swallow.

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Duke out. Kansas out. 🤌

I've worked at the last three tournaments that have been in Milwaukee. You can't beat the atmosphere. 

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

38 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I've worked at the last three tournaments that have been in Milwaukee. You can't beat the atmosphere. 

I'll second...or third...or wherever we are, I'll add to this. I got to participate in some of the Madness while living in Indy...wasn't as wide open as this one, but yes, the atmosphere was beyond festive.

13 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Poor FAU, they are gonna be the unexpected villains on Sunday. The nation will be cheering for FDU outside the 561 area code and some salty Purdue fans lol.

FAU had never won a tournament game until Friday and were probably a chic pick to beat Purdue yet somehow they're gonna be treated like Duke

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

And what a game it was!

The Sweet 16 has not been Arkansas' problem recently. it's the Elite 8 that's their glass ceiling

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Off to witness Creighton vs Baylor and TCU vs Gonzaga.

All four teams are LEGIT. I expect these games and this atmosphere to be 🔥🔥 tonight!

Do you feel like when you're attending the first/second rounds (especially the first) that you're missing out on all the other games? I've always wanted and have had the opportunity to attend the first weekend but I was always afraid I'd get four duds and miss 12 exciting games. I went to the Final Four once and obviously wasn't missing any other games so that worked out.