College Basketball 2022-23

TrueYankee26

I could use this post to point out how there was like a 5-point foul swing in SDSU's favor in the final minute of that game, and how they just happened to cover the spread, and talk about how sports betting should be fully illegal.

BUT NEVERMIND THAT SHlT. HERE COMES PRINCETON

53Ocz8U.png

28 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

If Fairleigh Dickinson pull this off...

16 over 1 used to feel like the impossible journey. Now it feels like the seeding barely means anything anymore.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

The No. 1 seed tallest team in the country with the national player of the year loses to the No. 16 seed shortest team in the country who wasn’t even supposed to be here. 

You can’t script an upset more perfect than that. 

To make this even better, not only is it the first time FDU won in the 1st Round of the tournament, it's also the first time a team from the Northeast Conference has won a 1st Round game. Before today, the NEC was, like, 0-31 in the 1st Round. FDU was 0-5 in the tournament themselves.

In fact, I'm gonna say it - this is a far bigger upset then what UMBC did against Virginia five years ago. FDU was number 68 overall. They were the worst team according to the committee. Worst then a sub-.500 Texas Southern team. FDU wiped the floor with the Tigers on Wednesday to get to this game. Now?

Well, the sky's the limit for them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

16 over 1 used to feel like the impossible journey. Now it feels like the seeding barely means anything anymore.

We're seeing a lot more 15's over 2 seeds now when that was incredibly rare when I was a kid and I think this is going to become more common. Thanks to transfer portal and other new rules talent has become much more evenly spread out than it used to be, plus every kid can shoot, which opens up a wide world of variance, but still this is only the second time it's ever happened.

You could make a case this is the most shocking upset in college basketball history. Fairleigh Dickinson (hehe funny name) won 4 games last year, only won 20 out of 35 games this season, lost their conference tournament final, and were the smallest team in Division 1 basketball playing the biggest team in D1 basketball. The weird thing about UMBC was they throttled Virginia. The weird thing about tonight was Purdue didn't look interested until it was too late. FDU was playing all out on every possession from start to finish. To be a total dad about it - it looked like they wanted it more. 

edit: yeah this is nuts

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

20 minutes ago, Sport said:

The weird thing about tonight was Purdue didn't look interested until it was too late. FDU was playing all out on every possession from start to finish. To be a total dad about it - it looked like they wanted it more. 

This was the first college basketball game I've seen this season, and I turned it on with 2 minutes to go.

FDU was breathing the :censored: out of Purdue and the Boilermakers looked like they were panicking.

There's something to be said for having nothing to lose.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags