College Basketball 2022-23

TrueYankee26

There’s an inevitability to UConn that I have to admit has sucked the wind out of the sails the further I’ve watched the tournament. I ought to be excited that one of FAU, San Diego State, and Crieghton will ultimately be playing in the National Title game; that excitement wanes a bit when you realize their opponent could be a buzzsaw that’s beating teams by 400 points a night.

It’s not necessarily that it’s UConn themselves, it’s that I genuinely worry that a UConn vs. FAU/SDSU/Crieghton matchup wouldn’t be entertaining at all if UConn keeps this pace.

I really hope I’m wrong and that we get some great, close games in Houston no matter who is in (that includes UConn) but there’s a “writing on the wall” feel to this that is looming. 

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

The ONE year people actually wanted Gonzaga to win it all.. 🙄

No, the media kisses their asses year after year. This was the year where the media played mental gymnastics thinking that they really were going to pull it off since everyone except their collective hive mind was writing them off and there’d be no pressure.  Plus, Drew Timme gave them the first actual Zag golden boy to fawn over since Morrison.

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

The ONE year people actually wanted Gonzaga to win it all.. 🙄

I want Gonzaga to in it every year haha.

Selfishly I didn't want FAU or SDSU in the Final Four because I don't like not knowing any players on the championship teams and can't remember the last time that happened for me.

SDSU/Creighton -- Hated to see the game end with 15 minutes worth of reviews/timeouts and the non-dramatic FT line finish. Some are going at the refs for making the correct call in a big late-game moment (see Super Bowl 57). But fault Creighton for missing so many point blank shots in the 2nd half and allowing SDSU to stay in the game while they were going thru a cold-spell. They game was theirs to have, let it slip away.

6uXNWAo.png

So Miami has knocked off Texas to lock in the last Final Four spot...and UConn is the only one to have ever been to a Final Four before, let alone win a national title.

If Miami knocks off UConn and Florida Atlantic takes down San Diego State, we're gonna have the Battle of South Florida in the title game (Which would be the craziest possible outcome).

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png

5 minutes ago, Burmy said:

If Miami knocks off UConn and Florida Atlantic takes down San Diego State, we're gonna have the Battle of South Florida in the title game (Which would be the craziest possible outcome).

please god let this happen because it would be so goddamn funny

• Love 1

53Ocz8U.png