NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Texans can avoid the issue all together by not having a blue jersey, just use it as an accent color.  Red and white are primary with a dark gray alternate. 

No dark grey! It's not in the color palette and it doesn't need to be brought in.  Making the red jersey the primary and keeping the blue helmet as the first choice is better than this.  

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

*clicks article*

Ya. We know. The current Titans own the rights to the Oilers name and logo. But they don't own colors. Lmk when someone buys or owns a color and can restrict the use of it.

Anish Kapoor would like a word with you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

spacer.png

Like the Browns, this is a nice look aesthetically, but I can't stand white at home against teams that haven't visited the building in 6-8 years. At least this means only one black jersey game?

It will be amusing when the black-jerseys-are-fire crowd finds out that this only leaves one opportunity for those to be worn. Then they will complain about the three game limit that they didn't know about until now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

2023 might be the best season for NFL throwbacks in a long time, if not the best season ever.

At this point, we're really just waiting on the Broncos and Bills, right?

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

Did Nike switch to screen printing names and numbers for retail jerseys with the new template?

I seem to recall there being three levels of Nike jerseys when I last bought an NFL jersey in 2019, most expensive, middle, cheapest, where the middle one was stitched because that's what I got. Now looking at these new Jets  jerseys, the middle price point one is screen printed and same with all the other different throwback jerseys.

There are still stitched jerseys in the middle price point of the old templates available. 

IbjBaeE.png

10 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Did Nike switch to screen printing names and numbers for retail jerseys with the new template?

I seem to recall there being three levels of Nike jerseys when I last bought an NFL jersey in 2019, most expensive, middle, cheapest, where the middle one was stitched because that's what I got. Now looking at these new Jets  jerseys, the middle price point one is screen printed and same with all the other different throwback jerseys.

There are still stitched jerseys in the middle price point of the old templates available. 

The cheapest Nike jerseys are sublimated jerseys, if you ordered a player from the team and screened on if personalized. The next step up is screen printed numbers, and the high end are tackle twill. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

But they don't own colors.

The NFL's marketing and branding is very centralized and there's no way they let the Texans wear anything that could eat into the Titans' IP and throwback sales. 

blah blah blah Bengals blah blah blah Browns yeah I get it but 1) those two unis are nothing alike aside from orange helmet shells these days and 2) back when they were similar sports apparel wasn't nearly as huge a market as it is now. Back then who cared if two teams had more or less the same brand? 
Today though? Huge issue. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The NFL's marketing and branding is very centralized and there's no way they let the Texans wear anything that could eat into the Titans' IP and throwback sales. 

blah blah blah Bengals blah blah blah Browns yeah I get it but 1) those two unis are nothing alike aside from orange helmet shells these days and 2) back when they were similar sports apparel wasn't nearly as huge a market as it is now. Back then who cared if two teams had more or less the same brand? 
Today though? Huge issue. 

I want to argue with you, but you are most likely correct.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

16 hours ago, EDRNcheesehead said:

The Packers Pro Shop twitter account is teasing a “BIG announcement” for tomorrow. The Packers have also been completely silent in regards to posting media day style pictures of players aside from the Rookie Premier. I wonder if they’re making the switch to the new Nike template.  

LOL - All this to announce that the team acquired the company that makes cheesewear (If I'm interpreting correctly).

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, mafiaman said:

This makes me want to cry…

…because it’s not really Houston. 

Here's my hot take...

Get rid of the Titans. Tennessee Oilers and Houston Texans. 

"Titans" as a name had potential but between the super "turn of the millennium" first set and the Toronto Argos-lite second set... between their most notable moment being losing the Super Bowl by a yard and getting pantsed by the Brady Pats in the snow, what great legacy do the Titans have? McNair? George? They were Tennessee Oilers too. 

No, Tennessee Oilers doesn't make a lot of sense but who cares? Neither does Los Angeles Lakers. Bring the Oilers back... in Nashville. Let it be a weird quirky thing, with awesome uniforms. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1