NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Hopefully their performance today causes the patriots to adopt the silver pants with the navy jerseys full time, possibly away jersey too.

If today’s win over Buffalo isn’t enough to convince them to wear the silver pants permanently, I don’t know what will. They looked terrific with the silver pants today.

• Like 6

This thread needs 100% more pictures...come on, folks! 😄

cleveland-browns-v-indianapolis-colts.jp

GettyImages-1750576743-1-scaled-e1698001

I mean, they ain't horrible...they're just not necessary. (It also wasn't nighttime...but then do the Colts have any primetime home games—or any primetime games at all—this season?)

Patriots-win.jpg?w=800

KEEP THE DANG GRAY SILVER PANTS, NEW ENGLAND. I'll go further and suggest mothballing the navy pants altogether and just sticking with these home and away. 

qtmy5b7um9tynf1xwxzq.jpg

kjrrmiovxs2ck5gudzqy.jpg

uoiex6piifhbsd6wj1xi.jpg

I need to see the rest, but this is an early contender for uniform/environmental matchup of the week. Just a beautiful blend of colors and sun—and some kind of proper color blocking. (In that guise I don't mind the Lions' white socks.)

• Like 17

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Well, that's because they're all in the uniform match-up thread -- a thread which I have no idea doesn't get merged with this one. The exact same convos that happen in here simultaneously go on over there.

/mini-rant

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

I think even this small change would help a ton. Gives it a nice symmetry, and you get the blue base with black accessories feel. 

389US1i.jpg

I also think this looks better in the daylight. It highlights the contrast between the blue and the black. 

I don't know. I feel like this uniform was such a bad idea that you really can't salvage it. At the very least, the cure for a bad BFBS uniform is not more black. 

And I was more poking fun at the "Indiana Nights" uniform debuting in the sunlight.

• Like 5

The Colts do not at all need a black-oriented alternate uniform, but if they had to have one, this set with black socks and accessories wouldn’t be a bad way to go. I think a blue helmet with white stripes and a black facemask would work a lot better than a black helmet, but the rest of the uniform could stay the same and actually feel like an extension of the Colts’ brand and not just a one-off mess.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

cleveland-browns-v-indianapolis-colts.jp

GettyImages-1750576743-1-scaled-e1698001

I mean, they ain't horrible...they're just not necessary. (It also wasn't nighttime...but then do the Colts have any primetime home games—or any primetime games at all—this season?)

spacer.png

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

Patriots-win.jpg?w=800

KEEP THE DANG GRAY SILVER PANTS, NEW ENGLAND. I'll go further and suggest mothballing the navy pants altogether and just sticking with these home and away. 

It was interesting that some players on New England opted for the double red stripe white “socks”. I didn’t mind it. However, it reminded me of the very out of place triple blue striped socks on the last set.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It was interesting that some players on New England opted for the double red stripe white “socks”. I didn’t mind it. However, it reminded me of the very out of place triple blue striped socks on the last set.

spacer.png

Those socks were the remnants of when adidas created that uniform. I'm surprised it took Nike so long to change the uniforms, even with Brady winning all the time. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Brady winning all the time. 

There's your answer. All of New England would riot if they changed uniforms in the middle of the dynasty and the Patriots proceeded to suffer a big playoff loss.

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

Well, that's because they're all in the uniform match-up thread -- a thread which I have no idea doesn't get merged with this one. The exact same convos that happen in here simultaneously go on over there.

/mini-rant

oh good, I'm not the only one annoyed by that. 

• Like 6

XM4KeeA.png

On 10/22/2023 at 8:13 PM, fouhy12 said:

I think even this small change would help a ton. Gives it a nice symmetry, and you get the blue base with black accessories feel. 

389US1i.jpg

I also think this looks better in the daylight. It highlights the contrast between the blue and the black. 

They need to switch up the helmet, Make the helmet stripe match the pants. Not sure how to fix the helmet logo, I don't think all white would work.

1 hour ago, sisdog said:

They need to switch up the helmet, Make the helmet stripe match the pants. Not sure how to fix the helmet logo, I don't think all white would work.

Leave the logo and stripe as is, make the helmet white. Grey, blue or white facemask. Fixed.

• Like 1