NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 11/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, the admiral said:

I know I'm being Unfair to LeBron, but a lot of the NBA uniform weirdness we have now lies right at the feet of the mid-2000s Cavaliers, who, rather than using LeBron to elevate the team's brand for the long term, went for short-term gains by creating as many LeBron jerseys to sell as they could with the CavFanatic mashups. I don't think the NFL has fallen to point-and-click recolors yet, but they will.

I’m sure it will be here soon, doesn’t make sense to have the same set a decade or more anymore. Some teams are locked into the main look, but that 4th uniform will start being that clash/recolor spot for some teams.

Think you’ll see it with like the Rams, Cards sooner than you will teams that already have a notable color change for their 4th.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, ruttep said:

White facemasks would be great. But what they really need to do is shed the final remaining vestige of the previous era (if they haven't already). They wore this uniform last year and I have no idea if they're supposed to this year:

spacer.png

On 11/18/2023 at 2:39 AM, Old School Fool said:

It was apparently replaced by the throwback since it's being worn 3 times this season. I get the feeling the Brown color rush wasn't liked by the team because ever since introducing it in 2020 it's been worn a total of 3 times and 2021 didn't even have it. Not wearing a uniform the year after you introduce it is pretty much a sign they didn't really like it.

It looks like a practice uniform since the only thing with a design on it was the helmet. I think it's still available to be worn this year unless I missed the 3rd game with the fauxbacks. But hopefully it's never seen again. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It looks like a practice uniform since the only thing with a design on it was the helmet. I think it's still available to be worn this year unless I missed the 3rd game with the fauxbacks. But hopefully it's never seen again. 

According to GUD, the third fauxback game is TNF Week 17 against the Jets. The Jets are guaranteed to be in green for that game since they already wore throwbacks twice this season and are wearing BFBS this Friday, which uses up their only remaining alternate slot.

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

According to GUD, the third fauxback game is TNF Week 17 against the Jets. The Jets are guaranteed to be in green for that game since they already wore throwbacks twice this season and are wearing BFBS this Friday, which uses up their only remaining alternate slot.

Thank Goodness!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, ruttep said:

White facemasks would be great. But what they really need to do is shed the final remaining vestige of the previous era (if they haven't already). They wore this uniform last year and I have no idea if they're supposed to this year:

spacer.png

I don't think I would hate this as much if it were like their prior color rush with stripes on sleeves and pants ala Vandys "black and gold" uniform.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, ruttep said:

spacer.png

I'm probably alone on this one. But I've always thought this jersey with the striped orange pants would be an interesting combo. 

Still don't understand the reasoning behind the ultra simplified color rush set. There were rumors that the team wanted to ditch the TV numbers too but the NFL wouldn't allow it. 

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Still don't understand the reasoning behind the ultra simplified color rush set. There were rumors that the team wanted to ditch the TV numbers too but the NFL wouldn't allow it. 

A thick orange stripe (or two thinner ones) running vertically from neck to cuff on top (sans TV#) and the same on the pants would improve that look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Wasn't my favorite but I did think there was a place for this:

https-3A-2F-2Fdawgpounddaily-com-2Fwp-co

Not a bad uniform in the grand scheme, but I would have preferred for these to just be what they used to call "fashion jerseys". Something fans could purchase, but the actual team never wore. Like the red Titans jerseys or yellow Packers jerseys you used to see people wear in the early 2000's.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

37 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not a bad uniform in the grand scheme, but I would have preferred for these to just be what they used to call "fashion jerseys". Something fans could purchase, but the actual team never wore. Like the red Titans jerseys or yellow Packers jerseys you used to see people wear in the early 2000's.

Agreed. This is a great fan jersey. Would be a complete disaster on the field.

spacer.png

(The black jerseys that the 49ers actually did wear on the field would also be good fashion jerseys)

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Agreed. This is a great fan jersey. Would be a complete disaster on the field.

Maybe if Nike still used shiny fabrics on jerseys like they used to. This tan/gold Niners jerseys doesn't do it for me. 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

30 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I feel like I'm the only person that liked that Saints jersey.

I think it's hard to defend that jersey when (a) the jersey's gold is slightly off from the helmet's gold, although that may just be differences in material, and (b) it was worn with black stripeless leggings.

• Yawn 1

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I feel like I'm the only person that liked that Saints jersey.

Nope, there's two of us.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

A thick orange stripe (or two thinner ones) running vertically from neck to cuff on top (sans TV#) and the same on the pants would improve that look.

Stop trying to make this a thing. It only worked for the aggies. Not every team needs racing stripes.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

I think it's hard to defend that jersey when (a) the jersey's gold is slightly off from the helmet's gold, although that may just be differences in material, and (b) it was worn with black stripeless leggings.

It only works BECAUSE of the shiny fabric and black pants as far I'm concerned. If Nike made it now, it would either be monochrome tan with either tan pants or white pants and it would look bad.

bSLCtu2.png