NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This can stay in the vault

spacer.png

Honestly, I think I'd like to see the Saints roll out a gold road jersey instead of white.  Much like I think the Seahawks should've kept the gray jerseys and dumped their whites.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

17 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Honestly, I think I'd like to see the Saints roll out a gold road jersey instead of white.  Much like I think the Seahawks should've kept the gray jerseys and dumped their whites.

You lost me in the first half, but gained my attention in the second half.

1 hour ago, bbush24 said:

From The Athletic's annual player poll on rule changes.

spacer.png

Well, looking at things positively, the players hate the tights too, but for the wrong reason, though. Is it that hard to wear Crew or Knee-High socks?

Also, Lions confirm Throwbacks.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

da0Lbhs.png

Vikings confirm another "Winter Whiteout" for the Week 16 Home Game versus the Detroit Lions. I'm guessing this unfortunately means White Leggings again as they did last year. https://www.vikings.com/winter-whiteout

spacer.png

Trust me, when they wear Purple Socks, I LOVE the White-on-White look. The White Socks/Leggings just ruin the look.

And TBH, if they HAD to make a Whiteout game a new tradition, it would be the perfect excuse for a White Throwback to be added into the rotation to go along with the Purple Throwback. Also, it would be a great reason to kill off their Color Rush.

spacer.png

• Like 16
  • Yawn 1

da0Lbhs.png

5 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Purple Socks

Side note, when watching the Jon Bois History of the Minnesota Vikings documentary, one of the first few things he mentions about Bud Grant's coaching tenure is that to promote a sense of unity, he always made his players wear their purple socks the same (correct) way. We need that in today's NFL.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

Side note, when watching the Jon Bois History of the Minnesota Vikings documentary, one of the first few things he mentions about Bud Grant's coaching tenure is that to promote a sense of unity, he always made his players wear their purple socks the same (correct) way. We need that in today's NFL.

Yeah, I watched that docuseries too. And as a Vikings fan, I knew a lot of what was said in it, but it was still fascinating. On topic of the discussion, unfortunately, the "uniformity" part of "uniform" is non-existent now.

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

da0Lbhs.png

1 minute ago, simtek34 said:

Yeah, I watched that docuseries too. And as a Vikings fan, I knew a lot of what was said in it, but it was still fascinating. On topic of the discussion, unfortunately, the "uniformity" part of "uniform" is non-existent now.

The Vikings really went from Bud Grant's uniformity to an all purple color rush on Thanksgiving last year where Justin Jefferson selfishly wearing black socks actually marginally improved the look. 

• Yawn 1

3 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The Vikings really went from Bud Grant's uniformity to an all purple color rush on Thanksgiving last year where Justin Jefferson selfishly wearing black socks actually marginally improved the look. 

I love JJ, he's a great Wide Receiver and hope he's healthy, but his Socks/Leggings choices aren't the best. He always wears White Leggings, even when the rest of the team has Purple on. He was the only player wearing White Leggings during the Week 1 Throwback game when everyone else had the traditional Half-Purple/Half-White Socks, for instance.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

da0Lbhs.png

23 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I love JJ, he's a great Wide Receiver and hope he's healthy, but his Socks/Leggings choices aren't the best. He always wears White Leggings, even when the rest of the team has Purple on. He was the only player wearing White Leggings during the Week 1 Throwback game when everyone else had the traditional Half-Purple/Half-White Socks, for instance.

It’s weird: he went from a purple and yellow school to a purple and yellow pro team, yet he seems to have a problem with purple. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, Old School Fool said:

I feel like I'm the only person that liked that Saints jersey.

If they wore this as the alternate with the new black helmet and pants instead of the throwback uniform with the black helmets, it'd be a good look. Even here it's a good look, but a black helmet improves it. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

All the teams playing on Thanksgiving are wearing a jersey patch honoring John Madden.

I kinda wish they had a Madden+Summerall combo patch.  I associate each with each other, and while I get why they link Madden to Thanksgiving more, I still consider both of them part of the experience.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

All the teams playing on Thanksgiving are wearing a jersey patch honoring John Madden.

No joke, I heard multiple people who thought the patch was a Native American because the league was honoring them on Thanksgiving. If you look at it very quickly, it does kind of look like the old Washington logo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ptay said:

No joke, I heard multiple people who thought the patch was a Native American because the league was honoring them on Thanksgiving. If you look at it very quickly, it does kind of look like the old Washington logo.

This offends me but im not exactly sure why.

• LOL 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, ptay said:

If you look at it very quickly, it does kind of look like the old Washington logo.

It kinda does. You know old school Washington fans geeked out thinking it was a return of Wahoo, before getting a closer look or seeing Dallas was also wearing it.

01hfz74jgpncm49dhpd1.jpg 

• Sad 1

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, ptay said:

Big chief say 90 percent of game half-mental

• Love 1
  • LOL 4
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

28 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It kinda does. You know old school Washington fans geeked out thinking it was a return of Wahoo, before getting a closer look or seeing Dallas was also wearing it.

01hfz74jgpncm49dhpd1.jpg 

Wahoo was baseball, not sure if the ex-Skins logo even had a name.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬