2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

So Meek Mill was chillin' with his boy Robert Kraft (the most bizarre pairing I can possibly think of since Goldust and Booker T) and said that Jackson wants to play for the Patriots.

If he's frustrated with the weapons around him in Baltimore, what's he going to find in New England - especially after they're paying him whatever he's going to get (and forfeiting two 1st-round picks to get him, assuming there's no trade)?  Who knows if any of that is actually true, but that's the level of absurdity that this has gotten to.

I admire him for sticking up for himself and what he believes his value is... but I also wouldn't feel bad if he sat out a season - in fact, given his injury history, that may be better for his body and his long-term value anyway.

Another thing is that the Jets are being held hostage here (or holding themselves hostage, depending on how you want to look at it.)  They've said that they won't pursue anyone else while in negotiations for Rodgers, but there's no guarantee that's going to happen before June 1... or at all.  If I'm them (and if they genuinely like Jackson) I ignore the "good faith" aspect of their negotiations with Green Bay and start the process with Lamar.  There's too much at stake for them to put all their eggs in Rodgers' basket.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

So Meek Mill was chillin' with his boy Robert Kraft (the most bizarre pairing I can possibly think of since Goldust and Booker T) and said that Jackson wants to play for the Patriots.

If he's frustrated with the weapons around him in Baltimore, what's he going to find in New England - especially after they're paying him whatever he's going to get (and forfeiting two 1st-round picks to get him, assuming there's no trade)?  Who knows if any of that is actually true, but that's the level of absurdity that this has gotten to.

I admire him for sticking up for himself and what he believes his value is... but I also wouldn't feel bad if he sat out a season - in fact, given his injury history, that may be better for his body and his long-term value anyway.

Another thing is that the Jets are being held hostage here (or holding themselves hostage, depending on how you want to look at it.)  They've said that they won't pursue anyone else while in negotiations for Rodgers, but there's no guarantee that's going to happen before June 1... or at all.  If I'm them (and if they genuinely like Jackson) I ignore the "good faith" aspect of their negotiations with Green Bay and start the process with Lamar.  There's too much at stake for them to put all their eggs in Rodgers' basket.

I think Kraft is friends with a lot of rap artists for some reason.  

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Rumor has it RG3 is in talks to join one of the ownership groups wanting to purchase the Commanders

wcwwwe.jpg

• LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Whoever it was that came on here a week or two ago and was like "I can't tell you my sources, but Harris bought the Commies and the news will break today" should be banned.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Rumor has it RG3 is in talks to join one of the ownership groups wanting to purchase the Commanders

LOLOL.  For a $6B price, I'm guessing he's in for like 0.01%.  

Even 1% is $60M.  Ain't NO way RG3 is able to throw $60M into this.  He's basically going to be a face with a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percentage share.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Whoever it was that came on here a week or two ago and was like "I can't tell you my sources, but Harris bought the Commies and the news will break today" should be banned.

LOLOL.  For a $6B price, I'm guessing he's in for like 0.01%.  

Even 1% is $60M.  Ain't NO way RG3 is able to throw $60M into this.  He's basically going to be a face with a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percentage share.

His net worth is 16 million. And that doesn’t mean he has 16 million in the bank that’s all his assets combined. Unless he’s been living frugal in a sub million dollar house, no debt, ect he maybe has 10 million available he can throw into an ownership group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont care said:

His net worth is 16 million. And that doesn’t mean he has 16 million in the bank that’s all his assets combined. Unless he’s been living frugal in a sub million dollar house, no debt, ect he maybe has 10 million available he can throw into an ownership group.

His stake would be financed, so it's not like he's writing a check for $10M.  But even if he was, that's 0.16%.  

It's nearly unfathomable that $10M can be less than 1/20 of 1% of a purchase price, but that's where we are.

And that's for the least valuable team in the division.

Oh was it just a tweet and not someone saying it?  I forget.  If it was just some naïve person posting a tweet from a non-credible source, that's not nearly as bad as the people who post "soon-to-be-breaking news" then run.  We've probably all done that.

The NFL is probably going to ask the Greek-Canadian who submitted a bid for the Commanders to add "a person of color" to his ownership group if he doesn't have one.  Harris already has that with Magic Johnson.  The Walton Group who won the Broncos added Condeleeza Rice, Melody Hobson and Lewis Hamilton.  CBS Sports says that the Greek-Canadian has Canadian real estate moguls as part of his group.  Harris is from Chevy Chase, Maryland and added local Mitchell Rales.

12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NFL is probably going to ask the Greek-Canadian who submitted a bid for the Commanders to add "a person of color" to his ownership group

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 3/29/2023 at 10:32 PM, GDAWG said:

The NFL is probably going to ask the Greek-Canadian who submitted a bid for the Commanders to add "a person of color" to his ownership group if he doesn't have one. 

Well, he's Greek, he can just get a tan

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫