College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Looks like Vandy will have new uniforms as well. These are a simplified version of there already simplified set from the last two years. The shoulder cap tri-stripes and unique block numbers are out, and extra large generic block numbers are in. Still on the Vapor Untouchable template as well

I think these look fine. I like the boldness, and I’m a sucker for color blocking, but it feels unnecessary – the old set was nearly perfect.

edit: It may be the lighting, but the gold pants also seem to be a darker, more true shade than years past.

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

14 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Looks like Vandy will have new uniforms as well. These are a simplified version of there already simplified set from the last two years. The shoulder cap tri-stripes and unique block numbers are out, and extra large generic block numbers are in. Still on the Vapor Untouchable template as well

I think these look fine. I like the boldness, and I’m a sucker for color blocking, but it feels unnecessary – the old set was nearly perfect.

edit: It may be the lighting, but the gold pants also seem to be a darker, more true shade than years past.

Oh my stars & garters.  

These are an instant classic.   The corrected helmet logo with that uniform is just stunning.  

Big one-color block numbers 4 life.

Bravo to whoever did this.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:39 AM, tBBP said:

I need to see the 2 and 7 of this number font.

That said, two things: a/ I've wondered how long it'd take Purdue to do this, so I'm glad they finally did, and b/ this confirms what I've been suspecting: the pendulum has indeed swung back the other way toward traditional (okay, throwback, but traditional still the same.) Who'da thunk traditional would be the new trend???

What’s sad about these is that they’re what you guys call “catalog order” from Nike Team Sports…one of the tells is the cap sleeve.  It’s a sublimated panel.  It always stands out most when used on a black uniform because it has a slight sheen to it, and because it’s a different fabric, it doesn’t keep the same shape as the standard cap sleeve fabric that matches the body of the jersey.  I’ve always hated this.  

Those new Utah State unis are “catalog order”, too.

This is the kind of stuff that BSN and other team dealers can deliver.  Shocked to see Nike putting it on these schools, unless they’ve dumped them off onto BSN, too.

• WOAH 1

21 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

What’s sad about these is that they’re what you guys call “catalog order” from Nike Team Sports…one of the tells is the cap sleeve.  It’s a sublimated panel.  It always stands out most when used on a black uniform because it has a slight sheen to it, and because it’s a different fabric, it doesn’t keep the same shape as the standard cap sleeve fabric that matches the body of the jersey.  I’ve always hated this.  

Those new Utah State unis are “catalog order”, too.

This is the kind of stuff that BSN and other team dealers can deliver.  Shocked to see Nike putting it on these schools, unless they’ve dumped them off onto BSN, too.

It's the school making the call to go with these, and it's saving them money to do it since they don't get the full treatment that the big schools do. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's the school making the call to go with these, and it's saving them money to do it since they don't get the full treatment that the big schools do. 

Is that an assumption or from a source?

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Love the shade of gold on Vandy's pants. It's not that typical washed out Nike khaki. Great idea going with a simplified look. 

I’m going to say it.  Those pants look…

…shiny.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I’m going to say it.  Those pants look…

…shiny.

Are they buying the pants from someone other than Nike? That gold is just terrific and won't look like soiled khakis after one drive.

• Like 1

I really do not understand the constant pining for Vanderbilt’s old black star… that’s one of the most generic create-a-team logos I’ve ever seen.

The new brand, while simple, at least has some character to it.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

47 minutes ago, SCL said:

Are they buying the pants from someone other than Nike?

I didn't think so initially, but now I'm not sure. I can't find any other team wearing that particular model of pant – particularly looking at that seam running diagonally from the crotch then turning down to run parallel with the stripe.

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Love the shade of gold on Vandy's pants. It's not that typical washed out Nike khaki. Great idea going with a simplified look. 

it's incredible to see a team using gold helmets match the pants that close.