College Football 2023

Rixaroo

But they do have that dawg in them now, however.  Moreso than before.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, FTRPresentation said:

Massive downgrade from their Under Armour sets

Is it though? The custom Cincinnati pattern is cool for graphics, stadium decorations, etc., but the way it was applied on the jersey with those weird, short collarbone stripes looked odd and clunky. 

These are really nice. I get that people on these boards pay enough attention to detail that little things like the way the logo is stitched on the collar front, the side panels apparently indicating these are cheap, etc., but the average fan won't notice anything other than the overall look and feel. 

And the overall look and feel is good. The logo, wordmark and numerals are so distinctly Cincinnati that they don't need anything else going on. The problem with their past uniforms is that they were way overdesigned: 

2021 NFL Draft: Desmond Ridder has sneaky first-round upside

Brian Kelly's formula for success | Coach & Athletic Director

How Kelce brothers beat the odds to become NFL stars and play in Super Bowl  - SBNation.com

Cincinnati Bearcats on Twitter: "Born here, raised here, played here,  stayed here. Congratulations to Cincinnati legend @khuber10 on an  incredible career! ❤️🖤 #Bearcats | @GoBearcatsFB https://t.co/prbw8VbtfM"  / Twitter

In every case above there's been WONKY design elements distracting from the fact their marks are distinct enough on their own -- it is unlike if a team with a standard color scheme just wears block numbers and stripes and *needs* a logo somewhere to be identified. When I see that font and the solid white numerals on black, I know it's Cincinnati immediately. Letting that be the case and letting red just exist in the sleeve cuff + logo/wordmarks is a case of finally letting their brand breathe and stand on its own, and that's clearly the intention of the new uniform.

• Like 6

Now that we’ve seen the Cincinnati black uniform, are we sure the white ones were placeholders? They are the real deal, in my opinion. Same template, same contrasting collars and cuffs, same font. Only difference I can tell is the chest wordmark is applied with a patch on the white jerseys whereas the black jerseys have a slightly bigger wordmark directly applied.

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Now that we’ve seen the Cincinnati black uniform, are we sure the white ones were placeholders? They are the real deal, in my opinion. Same template, same contrasting collars and cuffs, same font. Only difference I can tell is the chest wordmark is applied with a patch on the white jerseys whereas the black jerseys have a slightly bigger wordmark directly applied.

Yeah, I think the giant patch is the only thing that would change on the aways, 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

But why would the black jersey have the large, properly applied wordmark and the white have the patch? I think the likeliest outcome is they had the design down but wouldn't have had them in time for media days, so they cobbled together the closest approximation of the uniform that they could in the time frame given – plain stock white jerseys with black cuffs, and took care of everything else in house – the screen printed logo (which is a patch on the black), too small numbers (could have used numbers intended for basketball uniforms, for example), and the large wordmark patch.

I think they showed us the final design, just not the final production.

• Like 2

Not for nothing, but I really do wish Cincinnati would reinstate the italicized jersey numbers...I know some don't care for that on sports jerseys (I never have been that guy, though), but given how otherwise simple Cincinnati's look is and has been, I feel the italics add a certain sense of speed and dynamism that the regular Roman numbers just don't, despite being a distinctive font on their own.

zach+collaros.jpg

3cd56cb1-a31b-4129-b0a8-4532bcf43dcd-UC-

6a00d8341c5f6d53ef0120a5c2878c970b-pi

(Of course this is just one man's opinion...his two rusted Lincolns.*)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

UAB doubling down on neon green alternates and gold away numbers. 

Words cannot describe how awful these are... but a picture sure can:
OIP.fbIrAl0AmY8aklbhM8448QAAAA?pid=ImgDe

• Like 3
  • Applause 1